Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I just finished season 2 the other night. I haven't read this thread yet, but there are several questions I have.

1. What are you asses doing to make sure there's a season 3?

2. If the answer is "nothing," is anyone else doing something to get it picked back up by HBO or another network?

3. How the gently caress did mother get impregnated with the giant snake fetus? The simulation impregnated her? How? How is it half-organic? Did the real Campion intend for this thing to emerge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Yall talk like Sol is real instead of just an imaginary figurehead for their superstition, which is clearly the case.

The show has shown time and time again that Marcus is suffering from psychosis, whatever the cause. Signal is probably alien or just let by the civilization that existed on the planet before.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Sol is bullshit. The religious people have been wrong at every step of the way. There remains to be a scientific explanation and the fall for the god of the gaps argument (because they dumb)

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Sol is real insofar as it is a star at the center of the Solar System.

Sol is not a god and is not the source of that signal. It has a scientific explanation behind it, just like everything else has so far.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Open Source Idiom posted:

Sol is a god in the material sense. He's an incredibly powerful being around which a religion was formed. He can penetrate people's minds, coerce them telepathically, and perform miracles and fulfil prophecies (within the pre-defined understanding of what those miracles and prophecies should be). He operates in means beyond human comprehension. He, to all intents and purposes, fulfils the definition of a god, because they're the being who wrote the definition in the first place. (A "self-fulfilling prophecy", if you will.)

He's not a god in the sense that he transcends material science, sure. But to all intents and purposes, he's a loving god.

Explain milksnek using real world science.

No, as far as the series is concerned, he's a purely sociological phenomena derived from the limited & biased brains of humans. Sol isn't a character in the show. The human characters were hallucinating or being affected by some electromagnetic signal that made them psychotic.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
just lmbo if people itt really believe Sol is a real thing and not just a dumb superstition by the theists in the show

I forget how much religion gets in the way of actually enjoying poo poo irl

also,

Filthy Hans posted:

even the religious people in the show (mostly) figure out they've been hoodwinked by the end of season 2

:laffo:

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

CODChimera posted:

the writers have specifically stated that Sol is at the center of the planet

honestly have no idea how you managed to watch both seasons and think Sol isn't a real thing. i guess lucius just magically knew to steal the helmet artifact and do that whole ritual with marcus

yea something is making them psychotic

prob the instability of the planet's core or some poo poo that causes the aggressive EM field is radiating their brains

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

lynch_69 posted:

Sol is the supercomputer that controlled the Old Civilization's society gained sentience and run amok. It's headquartered in the center of the planet for the unlimited energy source from the planet's core. Captain Picard could beam down to the core and shut it all down with simple LOGIC and REASONING, but these primitive Earth humans/androids are not so sophisticated so we got all these problems.

ok so the giant ball of fire and death (the core) is actually a supercomputer?

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The actual quantum supercomputer AI has been the coolest part of the show, and I wish they had more of it for longer lol. Maybe they'll reconnect it?

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Miss Mowcher posted:

It uses the giant ball of fire and death as an energy source

Pretty crazy that we never saw it when they went through the core!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I'm not trolling, Sol doesn't exist and is a bunch of bullshit. Folie a deux happens all the time. I mean look at Qanon.

I'm sorry you're not well-versed enough to realize how ignorant or desperate said characters are to depend on a magic sky daddy. Everything so far has had a scientific explanation.

Keep getting emotionally angry and posting about it though -- that always helps!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

i know isn't it so cute that he's all mad and hurt because his sky daddy is a hoax and he fell for it?!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Khanstant posted:

people are having fun playing religious-whackos & atheists and you keep getting mad about media literacy. how about some room literacy pal

They're illogical bc they're fanboys who argue with their feelings, not their actual brains.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

2nd level spells posted:

Looks like somebody just learned the term folie a deux from the Joker 2 rumors.

hi thanks for joining SA forums, please do not project your insecurities onto other posters. have a nice day!

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Open Source Idiom posted:

I learnt the term by watching a Vince Gilligan episode of The X-Files. :colbert:

this and i also went to medical school and did two psychiatry rotations

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
What the gently caress happened to HBO? This scene from Jackie Brown comes to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHu9UjCy_Cc

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Star Wars has been ruined forever

it's best to stay way the gently caress away from that dead hooker

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

I really enjoyed Raised by Wolves from start to finish, but I didn't jump up every five seconds and yelled "YEAH! Take THAT, Star Wars!".

lol no one did this

this is like that group I'm in on facebook -- "Conservatives getting angry about things they made up themselves"

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
The Expanse is the poo poo. They need to hurry up and get HBO to make the last three books into 5 hour miniseries or some poo poo (15 hours overall).

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There was but all he did was buy this dumb website.

This website wasn't worth the cost he paid

without even knowing the amount

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

AndyElusive posted:

Sol drat it, is there really no word on this show being picked up by any streaming service?

Nope. I'm losing hope.

Trying not to lose hope for The Expanse books 7-9 though

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

fart simpson posted:

i dont think season 3 is being made anymore. the show was canceled

are you doing a bit

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I've never wanted to seize the means of production quite like this before

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

KnightRider posted:

Looks like this show is going the way of westworld because soon you won't be able to watch either without being bombarded by ads. What a shame.

Seriously, what the gently caress is going on with WB-Discovery? Have they lost their loving minds?

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I've been watching "Dark" on Netflix. It's some great sci-fi, but I'm halfway through season 3, so I don't know how it ends.

German language show though, so you gotta roll with subtitles.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Khanstant posted:

Every time I have seen my parents they ask me if I have watched Dark yet. I started it a couple times but I only remember like 8 words in german from highschool and I just don't look at a show enough while it's on to do subtitles.

It has an English dub for you insane illiterate people who enjoy the lips not being synced.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
If anything, it's taught me that Germans love banging on doors. They're LOUD AS gently caress. They don't even give you enough time to answer either! They bang the gently caress out of it.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Dark is almost as complex as Primer, but it's three goddamn seasons

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Just finished Dark. I'm going to have to think about it a while. The ending is making me depressed as hell though. 😣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Nuts and Gum posted:

I just finished the first season. Should I keep going?

Yes. It's one of the best shows I've seen in a while.