Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
This is a weird mix of cliche plot points (e.g. a vehicle precariously balanced on the edge of a fall; the kid losing his pet and getting separated from the group) and a bonkers blend of ideas from other movies and media (androids from Alien; a Star Trek search party one step removed from the knights in Monthy Python and the Holy Grail) and I can't tell if it really works. Episode 3 wasn't all that compelling but I'm just barely interested enough in the show so far to watch another episode when it drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
the founding of rome and roman mythology is my wild guess

thematically, it's basically a sequel to battlestar galactica

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 20, 2020

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Mother and Father were cool and I sure was interested in the backstory but the actual plot to this show was real bad. The ten minutes we spent in episode two watching Mary and Marcus run through the ruins of Boston and change their faces was the most compelling part of the series. Everything else was nonsense.

I said earlier in the thread that RBW is the thematic sequel to BSG, and just like BSG it dropped bonkers answers to vague questions and nosedived in quality in the back half. Hooray.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Solice Kirsk posted:

OK, swinging in to find out if finishing this show up would be worth my time. I think I stopped around the fourth episode. Right when the kids had run away and Mom and Dad split up to find them. Did the show ever get going?

Pros of finishing the show: Father and his dad jokes are utterly wholesome, and--as much as I might've bitched about the plot--the special effects and cinematography are really good.

Cons of finishing the show: six more hours of lovely kids, :ohholkyfuck:-style writing that wasn't good even when it was novel,* and a muddled ending that doesn't do poo poo for the narrative except string it along for the hope of a second season.

*Definitely the worst part of the otherwise incredible new Watchmen, while I'm on the subject

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I heard that the second season is over. If I liked season one enough to be curious but not like, crazy interested in season two, is two worth watching?