Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

lynch_69 posted:

Anyone remember an old scifi show called Earth 2? It was the kinder gentler mid-90s basic cable version of this.

I had the same thought recently- the weird other intelligent species being introduced, the separate groups of colonists, the planet with a vascular system all ring a bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

I love how psyched Marcus is when he finds another of those metal yu gi oh cards

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

I'm hoping the neanderthal skull gets expanded on in a cool way. I like the idea of the archaeology on the planet mixing up all these layers of previous cycles that need to be untangled, almost like Battlestar Galactica.

Red Fructidor
Jan 8, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Watched for Lee Pace, he is awesome, but the rest of the show was really bad. :/ I'll probably still watch season 2 if that happens because I am a bitch. I want to read the book one of these days, when I have the time lmao.

I actually read the first book after having a similar opinion of the show as you....and was severely disappointed in it. The couple of ideas the show picked out from the book were the only good ones imo, and the extra stuff with the clone emperors was superior to what was left :shrug: I was gonna bring that up recently in the Foundation thread, but those guys seem to have a reverence for the book (compared to the show) that I can't agree with. Just really, really disappointing and packed with trope after trope. I see how it was influential, but it has not aged well at all, even grading on an originality curve for the better later space operas it's supposed to have inspired.