Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ridley Scott is obsessed with milk powered robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think I'm gonna give it one more episode. So far it feels kinda like a SciFi Channel original, but with better production values. I'm getting the feeling there's not enough meat in this story to necessitate a series, but we'll see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, but my girlfriend just straight up hates it. She made it through the second episode.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Well just tell her she sucks and is wrong.

I tired that already with Banshee. Didn't work.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martman posted:

Only seen episode 1, loved it. I really don't think the atheism side is being presented as obviously good; Mother is sorta "proven right" in a sense but she's also indoctrinating Campion with blatant hypocrisy. She tells him to never let his mind find comfort in fantasy but her following her own insane fantasies is what leads to her rediscovering her power. Also she literally shapes her face and voice into lies in order to comfort her son.

I'm not saying these things are wrong, but it seems clear that the teachings contained in her programming are terrible, and whether she ultimately is good or evil seems fairly separate from which side she came from.

I mean, she also named herself Lamia, which was a monster that ate children. I'm thinking this Mother character might be a bit of a dick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ooof, this is just flat out too stupid for me. It's obvious she's gonna be the new religion. Even the T pose flying seems to be a Jesus thing.

I'm out. Shame, I really wanted a good new sci-fi show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OK, swinging in to find out if finishing this show up would be worth my time. I think I stopped around the fourth episode. Right when the kids had run away and Mom and Dad split up to find them. Did the show ever get going?