Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Father owns

I had the silliest grin on my face when he was restored.

I feel like guessing where the story is going is completely pointless with a show like this, but what the hell, my out of left field guess is the “temple” in the desert is the spaceship of those other creatures who crash landed ages before the humans did and the hole they keep sticking their hands in is the rear exhaust of the ship.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

its a corpse and thats its butthole

Just like Lexx!

E: His Divine Shadow is going to reveal itself as the enemy of Sol Invictus.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 28, 2020

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

I really loved Father becoming a catty bitch when he thought that Mother slept with their creator. Just burn after burn on Mother like saying how he was pretty sure he wouldn't fall in love with her again.

That “Well!” he blurts out to Mother was too real.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Me and my roommate were watching the Kenneth Branagh Frankenstein movie before we threw on Raised By Wolves so last night felt like a celebration in the miracle that is the creation of life.

Just kidding it was gross out city

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

angerbeet posted:

The existence of robot milk informs the existence of robot ice cream

No wonder they were warned to stay away from the tropical zone.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It’s a wyvern.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Piell posted:

Wyverns have wings and back legs, it's clearly a wyrm.

Dang, I knew it was one of those.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lister posted:

I just remembered that Campion choosing to eat moss instead of alien meat because he believes it's wrong and no one else going along with it was exactly like that this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gwtmj2gPcg&t=179s

Haha I made that reference to my roommate the night we watched it.

“Slime! And there’s enough slime for everyone!”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I seriously was resisting the near uncontrollable urge to just post "Praise the Sun!" when it came to them because that poo poo is such a tired meme, and I was willing to see where they were going with their weird Monty Python reject looking troop of dudes carrying around plastic shields and using androids with page-boy haircuts. But then the loving rapist was wearing a goddamn Bloodborne helmet, black robes and literally had a voice straight out of DS1 and I just had to wonder if any of this was intentional.

gently caress the sun, I hate the sun, long live the loving beast.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lucas had 2 hit trilogies

American Graffiti should’ve been a trilogy. The sequel is really good.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

insider posted:

I definitely think whoever is talking to Paul is a separate entity than The Voice and is actually trying to prevent the Serpent from being born. I somewhat think its going to be whatever is caged in the big dodecahedron which is why it seems weaker than The Voice which is coming from the weird core/underworld/hell which has easy 'mind' access to everyone via those giant holes.

Ah poo poo, Ridley made Space Lost.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When it flew away into the sky with the three moons in the distance I felt like throwing on some prog rock.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I love that medieval space armor.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Since he’s space Jesus I legit thought he was going to walk across that poo poo.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That indigenous fruit looks good af, there was the cactus fruit, those plum looking things that grew in paired rows, the stuff they were harvesting from the ground, the stuff campion is picking in the trees, and the eggs.

And of course the milk.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Someone please gif the “where are all the philosophers?” scene, thanks.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I really want Father and Billy to team up, they should be friends, workers should unite

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Father, stop calling it fuel blood when you know goddamn well it’s milk.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

There was no way they could deliver on the hype once mother got her eyes back, they should’ve cut around the assault instead of relying on dodgy cg.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I loved everything about Sue’s vision and her reaction to it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I stopped watching with the S1 finale, does the show make any lick of sense now? I'd assume it doesn't.

This is like wandering into a marvel movie thread and asking if the political ideology behind them isn’t gross anymore.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Eiba posted:

I like the mix of subtlety and bluntness this show has sometimes. Like in the latest episode with the giant snake skeleton, there is a human looking rib cage inside the snake rib cage. It's almost comically explicit that this ancient snake did not eat pumpkins, it ate people. And yet that human rib cage is only in the foreground of an unrelated shot where Marcus is trying to shimmy over to that tunnel. No one points it out, and the camera never focuses on it.

Maybe he was the snake’s pilot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Me, watching this show:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i can't process that this is a streaming television show that hbo produced. i am overwhelmed with gratitude that not one single button down rear end in a top hat in the process nixed the acid mermaid kidnap scene.

Who do you think ordered that thing to have its titties hanging out?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Did Campion name the snake? I liked that he’s the one who named grandma.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

In the previously on, was it me or could you hear the voice sue was hearing more clearly and did it sound like Marcus? Time loop theory still on the table.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The theme song reminds me of BSG, in that It makes me want to sing along with it and mangle it horribly.

“THE DOOOOOOOOR…”

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Paul is definitely a werelizard.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Why is sue on that poster twice?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Goddammit I gotta stop clicking this thread on Thursday mornings.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

BONE APETITE

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hahaha goddamn soldamn

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grandmother picking up the David storyline from Alien Covenant and running with it into season 3 is some :discourse:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So since mother and the snake flew into orbit, in that moment, was the snake free of the entity’s control? It seemed to regain control of its senses and went to feed on mother instead of attacking her, but by then mother was wearing the veil and it was too late.

Anyway, the lady in the bts episode said we’ll have to wait til season 3 to find out what happens, which sounds like a binding guarantee to me.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Marcus and the snake controlling entity switched bodies like that movie 18 Again.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

sucraM

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m watching Legends of Tomorrow season 6 and the 6th episode features a lady who was devolved into a creature like the mermaids and hole people, another lady who hears alien voices in her head growling at a monster like sue, and a guy getting tied to a tree on an alien planet like Marcus.

E: they end up blowing up something which caused some atmospheric barrier to come down which hosed up the weather too.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

quote:

shoddy production design

I mean, if anything, your gripe is against the color grading, production design has nothing to do with it.