Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm glad they finally had an episode that takes this show from "interesting enough to keep watching" to "wow, something is actually happening."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wooger posted:

Huh, Ragnar is like half the show and his blessed/cursed ascent to power is incredible.

Granted this episode stood out as extra bonkers and eventful, but you really thing ‘nothing actually happened’ describes any episode of the entire series?

Things happened in other episodes but they felt like complete nonsense. Things in this episode felt like they sort of made some sense and that the things that happened were connected to something else and not just made up on the spot while writing the episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
In season 4 we'll get a werewolf bar mitzvah, spooky scary.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I assume it just has the face of the creature that Marcus found. The veil was there so we wouldn't see it yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The snake opens up to reveal a campion sized compartment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
We didn't see her actually turn into the tree, so I can still hope that maybe she dug the hole deep enough, vomited up like a modified seed or something and now she's just down at the 7/11 picking up smokes to cool off after her rough night of hole digging. :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They keep talking about the acid ocean and how they had to coat the drone sub thing in mutant skin to protect it. But then how did they put the TV cameras in the acid ocean to film the whirl pool scenes? Am I supposed to believe that HBO sprung for acid proof cameras? I hope someone got fired over that blunder.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Also, what was the snake doing when it was over the water? It like shot it's mouth weapon thing into the water 3 times and then a whirlpool started up?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Is Grandmother the only evidence we have that the people of Kepler looked like humans?

Watch her have shapeshifted her face to look like her "flock".

I assumed she was going to look like that guy that Marcus found that got insta-transformed into a dog creature.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why does every show have the "they filmed 2 and 3 at the same time" rumor?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

General Battuta posted:

You expect me to believe that this lady, just by turning around, turned to salt? I know how salt works, buddy. People don't just turn into it.

I guess you've never been in the internet before.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess they could shop it around, but unless they get a deal quick, it's going to be tough to continue the story considering there are children on the show who will be growing up while we are waiting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A shame that Powers Boothe had died before they were able to make the movie.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
How could Barry not hook you week to week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ogarza posted:

So are we back?? Or are they just hosting the existing episodes?

https://gizmodo.com/hbo-max-discovery-roku-westworld-1850303038

This just Zaslav moving content to ad supported free services.