Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

back in the day an eighth cost $50 and you just got whatever the guy was selling. now you go to a store with a mind-paralyzing variety of weed and an eighth of the kindest dank is twenty bux

i approve

i hope one day to enjoy this bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I was sad about apperently overpaying for weed so I smoked some weed and I'm not sad now thread success story #1

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
i wish weed was legal in texas :negative:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oil is dying, and they have to make up that shortfall somehow. Keep pushing, and then we'll have the right to all drive to Austin as Travis county will be the only dispensary county available knowing the way pols handle it

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

there's oil in the plants

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Nonsense posted:

oil is dying, and they have to make up that shortfall somehow. Keep pushing, and then we'll have the right to all drive to Austin as Travis county will be the only dispensary county available knowing the way pols handle it

even sans dying industries I can’t understand how any state can look at the abject success of Colorado and think “no, more money is not a thing we need”

I thought this was a CAPITALIST country and yet this naked greed cannot turn the wheels of government to allow for MORE MONEY?! this county confuses me often.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

GreyjoyBastard posted:

well come to colorado, dude. half your drat state moved here already; what's one more fuckin' texan?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Impkins Patootie posted:

do NOT tell this to George Bush's troops

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im a weed-baby who hasnt bought flower before how much is an eighth anyways

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Stairmaster posted:

3.5 grams, answers the stoner instantly

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

3.5 grams, answers the stoner instantly

what is the signifigance of 28 grams then

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

weed is keeping me as level as I can be.

seriously wish I was weaning off my maintenance medication.

i'd kind of like to be physically independent of anything that requires institutional support, as I'm not sure how long it's gonna exist.

I really want it, and God taking some meds in the morning is easier than it will be to practice abstinence and lean on my support network when I'm tempted to gently caress around with opioids. Like I know that life gets harder, but I really just... don't know if it's gonna last. poo poo seems to be unwinding and this lingering dependency on maintenance meds is a loving liability in that world.

If I can do it at all, I can do it on my own. Maybe I'll start reducing my intake along some kind of taper guideline?

Anyway I'm glad I live in a legal state, because atomizing weed goo from a vibrating pen and dabs can flatline my brain in the way I'm gonna need to get through it~

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Red Baron posted:

even sans dying industries I can’t understand how any state can look at the abject success of Colorado and think “no, more money is not a thing we need”

I thought this was a CAPITALIST country and yet this naked greed cannot turn the wheels of government to allow for MORE MONEY?! this county confuses me often.

Much like in Canada, legalization will happen once the correct people are in position to profit from it.

HTFSE sauce is the poo poo

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I feel like I'm a Hegelian when I'm high, I haven't read Hegel but its what imagine being idealism is like

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

the name comes from one-eighth of an ounce or 3.5 grams. likewise a quarter is 7, a half 14, and a whole ounce (or “zip” as often they were sold in ziploc bags) is 28.

weirdly after that level you move back to imperial with QP being “quarter pound” which just reminds you that stoners are, well, stoned.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

That's one ounce of weed, about fills up a sandwitch baggie, lasts me 3-4 weeks depending on how heavily I am smoking.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Nonsense posted:

I'm not too far from Austin.

also anecdotally i know at least one person at TAMU who's salivating at the prospect of weed research grants lol

Stairmaster posted:

...one ounce

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Wheeee posted:

Much like in Canada, legalization will happen once the correct people are in position to profit from it.

HTFSE sauce is the poo poo

if only we had never weakened the tobacco lobby! Save us Philip-Morris!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Stairmaster posted:

well it's 8 * 3.5, and therefore an ounce

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ah thank you.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Centrist Committee posted:

I feel like I'm a Hegelian when I'm high, I haven't read Hegel but its what imagine being idealism is like

absolutely

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i love how we treat the metric system here in america

we sell weed by the ounce and cocaine by the gram. we sell beer by the pint and hard liquor by the milliliter. you can buy a 12-oz soda, or if that's not enough you can get a 2-liter. a football field's 100 yards long but a firing range is 100 meters

it's fun

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm not too far from Austin.

also anecdotally i know at least one person at TAMU who's salivating at the prospect of weed research grants lol

...one ounce

phd in weed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Impkins Patootie posted:

:hmmyes:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

so used to legal buying from a dealer out of state feels like a crime again

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Weed

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I don't have a weed connect since the pandemic started :negative:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

T-man posted:

Yes? Cheapest I ever saw was $40

😢

we get it, you're from Portland

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

dex_sda posted:

I don't have a weed connect since the pandemic started :negative:

grow Dat WEED

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

hey did u know that in all 50 states owning cannabis seeds is totally legal? wow just promise not to germinate them!

oops! dropped my seeds in water whoopsies!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Red Baron posted:

hey did u know that in all 50 states owning cannabis seeds is totally legal? wow just promise not to germinate them!

oops! dropped my seeds in water whoopsies!

while i'm not in america this law is actually the same here iirc so maybe i should oopsie it up

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

dex_sda posted:

while i'm not in america this law is actually the same here iirc so maybe i should oopsie it up

growing any plant is a fun experience and very hard to truly gently caress up. (“it’s called weed for a reason” YEAH THANKS UNCLE DAVE.) but it is especially therapeutic when you know that the plant you’re growing is gonna make your next pizza taste a billion times better or will make it so you can sleep peacefully through the night or will give you that relaxed feeling you need without the amnesia of Xanax or the anxiety of slightly too much weed.

pick your plants, add water and dirt, enjoy. I mean obviously you can go way harder and deeper than that and if you actually have questions ask I’m ready to dispense all of my half baked know-how but it’s really, really easy to grow plants. your ancestors did it for many years. some say all of the years to this day.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

heh heh half baked

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just started switching from alcohol to weed. Going well. I'm giggling instead of howling with laughter.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Crazypoops posted:

Just started switching from alcohol to weed. Going well. I'm giggling instead of howling with laughter.

i started this at the outset of the pandemic and it has made a huge difference in my life

i have a family member who grows and his homemade tinctures kick the rear end of anything i've got from a dispensary here in MA

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Although having not been a weed smoker since 2003 I felt like I was trying to put a pc together after being out of the loop for a decade. Like what is this ratio poo poo, and why does my weed have multi-core processors and how do I update my vape pen's firmware?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I refuse to believe in the existence of the $40 ounce, where the gently caress are you getting your weed, a really good price for me is like $150/oz and I thought I was clever using the internet instead of paying street prices

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Crazycryodude posted:

I refuse to believe in the existence of the $40 ounce, where the gently caress are you getting your weed, a really good price for me is like $150/oz and I thought I was clever using the internet instead of paying street prices

probably Oregon and actually looking for deals

there''s a dispensary near me that's super-bougie with an interior that looks like a spa that doesn't do the same deep discounts other places do (i.e. it has far from the best prices) and they still have over a half-dozen decent options for $100/oz as a regular price

e: here's a well-regarded place with a host of options at a $60/oz regular price (which can trivially be brought down to $54/oz with one of the many standing 10% discount offers)

LGD has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Aug 26, 2020

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

picking up tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

LGD posted:

they still have over a half-dozen decent options for $100/oz as a regular price

wtf my dispensary sells an 8th for like 75 dollars