Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Blue Dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

wtf my dispensary sells an 8th for like 75 dollars

Cook_County.png

not like it's any better anywhere else in Illinois :negative:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Victory Position posted:

we get it, you're from Portland

a $40~60 oz in pacific northwest is, like, garbage rear end weed tho.

most dispensaries around here call that stuff 'bulk' weed. its mids or worse. good for making your own edibles but i would not waste my time vaping/smoking it lol

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

most dispensaries around here call that stuff 'bulk' weed. its mids or worse

I guess that's the kind of stuff you use for filler or for a *lot* of cooking?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Victory Position posted:

Cook_County.png

not like it's any better anywhere else in Illinois :negative:

well atleast im not insane/picked the worst dispensary

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Just grow your own, it's only like 50 - 75$ for the seeds, then 50 - 75$ for the soil, then 30 - 60$ for the nutes, then 15 - 30$ for the pots, and then you wait 9 months, and then you pray to god you don't get pests, over watering, under watering, too much nutes, too few nutes, nobody robs you, nothing fucks with your plants stem.

You can solve like half of those problems by spending another 500$+ on lights, racks, fans, ventillation, and a tent in your closet as long as you don't mind a loud as fan in your room 24/7 and also for your entire living space to smell like a lovely dispensary.

(I grow my own, but it feels incredibly bourgeois and costs me an arm and a leg. But my latest plant might be giving me like a lb so it might be worth it.)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

well atleast im not insane/picked the worst dispensary

what's the worst one?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

most dispensaries around here call that stuff 'bulk' weed. its mids or worse

b/c it is bulk weed and clearly far from the best available

it's still perfectly fine though, the standards for "garbage rear end weed" in the pacific nw and the midwest/east coast are pretty different and describing it as such is misleading (especially once you get past posturing about how good a connection you personally had and reflect on what most people were actually getting for what they were paying)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Boba Pearl posted:

Just grow your own, it's only like 50 - 75$ for the seeds, then 50 - 75$ for the soil, then 30 - 60$ for the nutes, then 15 - 30$ for the pots, and then you wait 9 months, and then you pray to god you don't get pests, over watering, under watering, too much nutes, too few nutes, nobody robs you, nothing fucks with your plants stem.

You can solve like half of those problems by spending another 500$+ on lights, racks, fans, ventillation, and a tent in your closet as long as you don't mind a loud as fan in your room 24/7 and also for your entire living space to smell like a lovely dispensary.

(I grow my own, but it feels incredibly bourgeois and costs me an arm and a leg. But my latest plant might be giving me like a lb so it might be worth it.)

It's heading for winter and I don't have the space :(

I was actually finally going to try my hand at it with the new roommates in nice sunny Orlando but then COVID happened and lol

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If it's got nugs and trichomes, then you can't call it garbage rear end weed.

This is what garbage weed looks like (From Hightimes Top Strains of 1977)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I never claimed I got a good $40 ounce, fake news thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

if it smells and looks good, it better taste good otherwise toss it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Just got a delivery of an eighth of Gelato and some pre rolls that were thrown in as a deal - Lemon OG and the ol faithful Gorilla Glue

Excited to charge up the Arizer for some Gelato :whatup:

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Good soup! posted:

Just got a delivery of an eighth of Gelato and some pre rolls that were thrown in as a deal - Lemon OG and the ol faithful Gorilla Glue

i use my arizer air 2 with a bong and its the absolute best combo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Fire OG is very nice. Gelato was amazing two weeks ago.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

wtf my dispensary sells an 8th for like 75 dollars

Yeah in DC a lot of places are 50-75 for an eighth, 80-120 for a quarter sometimes, maybe $120+ for an ounce

I only order from one or two places these days, once I move to my house in Maryland I'm just saying gently caress it and getting a card because there is a dispensary that's drat near walking distance from where we are moving to, hell yeah

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Boba Pearl posted:

If it's got nugs and trichomes, then you can't call it garbage rear end weed.

This is what garbage weed looks like (From Hightimes Top Strains of 1977)

dear god rip our ancestors

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i use my arizer air 2 with a bong and its the absolute best combo

I just have the first Air and even that is just a nice fuckin gadget, I was surprised honestly

Still got the classic Vapor Genie as my backup when I forget to charge it, just can't beat the old school feel sometimes

Nonsense posted:

Fire OG is very nice. Gelato was amazing two weeks ago.

Fire OG is awesome, I also really enjoyed Skywalker OG but it has been hard to find here, it makes doing chores and yard work fly by

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

lol no wonder people believed :420: was The Devil's creation

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

helpful reminder that kamala put young black men in jail for pot and laughed about it

additional helpful reminder that the dnc refused to adopt legalization as part of the party platform for 2020

my wife and i have our medical cards and it owns to be able to put an order in online, roll up to the dispensary, and just pick up 2 ounces of ~20% thc content buds

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

it's time to speak to god

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

i mostly like tinctures and edibles because i usually dont mind the wait and especially after a covid bout my lungs have gone super sensitive :\

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
What's the best fat for vegan edibles? I've used coconut oil, miyoko's, and earth balance but I also mixed up slow cooking vs regular boiling so I don't have good data

give me the weed data

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I don't have official science but coconut oil in a slow cooker very much works the best in my experience

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Crazycryodude posted:

I don't have official science but coconut oil in a slow cooker very much works the best in my experience

Thanks! I did that for last batch and I've had good luck.

What ratios do you use? I looked online and it said to use 1 oz green:4 cups oil, which seems pretty dilute. I want maximum potency - does anyone know the max saturation point? I want the most amount of weed in the smallest amount of oil

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgZ9wCioJU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDFyb-O1LQ

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Good soup! posted:

I just have the first Air and even that is just a nice fuckin gadget, I was surprised honestly

Still got the classic Vapor Genie as my backup when I forget to charge it, just can't beat the old school feel sometimes

Fire OG is awesome, I also really enjoyed Skywalker OG but it has been hard to find here, it makes doing chores and yard work fly by

i had an air until about 2 months ago when it finally gave out (after 5 years of multiple times daily use)

the 2 is just as good, you can just be granular with temps, i like it a lot

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Vapechat: I have a Silver Surfer and a Mighty, and love them both!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it okay to smoke wmore weed when i fell myself getting less high

usually when i do that i tend to run out of weed.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lovelyn posted:

Thanks! I did that for last batch and I've had good luck.

What ratios do you use? I looked online and it said to use 1 oz green:4 cups oil, which seems pretty dilute. I want maximum potency - does anyone know the max saturation point? I want the most amount of weed in the smallest amount of oil

A quarter ounce per cup of oil definitely sounds weak to me, I usually do at least a half an ounce per cup which comes out respectably strong but if you want weapons-grade brownies then definitely go even higher than that. An ounce per cup is pretty strong but still not weapons-grade, and you can almost definitely go even higher, but I have no idea what the theoretical upper limit is.

Crazycryodude has issued a correction as of 01:57 on Aug 27, 2020

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Crazycryodude posted:

An ounce per cup is pretty strong but still not weapons-grade, and you can almost definitely go even higher, but I have no idea what the theoretical upper limit is.

Okay, I think I'll try 1oz green + whatever ABV I have per 1 cup coconut oil. Thanks!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I love weed

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i had an air until about 2 months ago when it finally gave out (after 5 years of multiple times daily use)

the 2 is just as good, you can just be granular with temps, i like it a lot

can you use concentrates in it? I've got one right now that's alright, but it's neither as powerful or as easy to clean as I know Arizers to be

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

Victory Position posted:

can you use concentrates in it? I've got one right now that's alright, but it's neither as powerful or as easy to clean as I know Arizers to be

i usually just sandwich the concentrate between some ground weed and it seems to work just fine

i'm assuming you mean stuff like rosin yeah?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I use an e-nano (if you don't know what herb vape to get that or for portables a dynavap) but after numerous drops, rough handling, and good old stoned fuckups have chipped off a piece. Now the stem goes too far and my paranoia about breathing powderized glass got worse.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

i usually just sandwich the concentrate between some ground weed and it seems to work just fine

i'm assuming you mean stuff like rosin yeah?

yeah!

I've never used the stuff proper before, only from vape cartridges and a friend that has one of those crazy as hell quartz crystal bowl deals

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...
I'm about to smoke weed.

Well that's my story.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
now that autoflowering varieties are fairly high potency and readily available there is almost no challenge in growing some nice dank weed

it’s easy as gently caress and your harvest is ready in 3 months. your horticultural skill affects yield but generally not quality. get some auto seeds and give it a try in your yard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Stairmaster posted:

is it okay to smoke wmore weed when i fell myself getting less high

usually when i do that i tend to run out of weed.

re-upping constantly is the path to burning out and loving up your tolerance