Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism

Sakurazuka posted:

Follow the bird at night but make sure you have lots, I mean lots, of time left before you go travelling

And also, once you do that, try talking to Yoshida at night again another time! I don't think the game tells you you can, but you definitely should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I wasn't expecting to see Freddie Mercury :suspense:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well I wasn't expecting to see Freddie Mercury :suspense:

Check his room out and then laugh

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

can someone explain how i'm supposed to figure out the firework puzzle. i have the chip with the hint on it but no matter what i tried i couldnt figure out hte solution so i gave up and looked up the answer and it was nowhere near what i was thinking. i feel like a moron i just want to understand the logic here

edit: nevermind i'm loving stupid i don't know how i didnt piece this together

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 14, 2020

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ahhhh hell; I got to the end and clicked Continue just to see what'd happen :cripes:. That's twenty minutes of space travel I'll have to sit through again.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ahhhh hell; I got to the end and clicked Continue just to see what'd happen :cripes:. That's twenty minutes of space travel I'll have to sit through again.

yeah god this was agonizing

Flac
Sep 6, 2010

supposedly it frees you from anxiety and nihilism
The end of the game is definitely taking a big risk on seeing if you would get what it wanted you to do immediately, and it could backfire really bad. I think it's partly because the cursor starts on "YES", so some people don't hover over "NO", which would make the connection with "Open the door" and that choice more clear. So I guess my advice for others getting to the ending would be "when you have to make a choice, don't make it too quickly, and think about it carefully".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Share Bear posted:

yeah god this was agonizing

I timed it the second time through out of curiosity just the rocket trip to the moon takes around twelve minutes.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Flac posted:

The end of the game is definitely taking a big risk on seeing if you would get what it wanted you to do immediately, and it could backfire really bad. I think it's partly because the cursor starts on "YES", so some people don't hover over "NO", which would make the connection with "Open the door" and that choice more clear. So I guess my advice for others getting to the ending would be "when you have to make a choice, don't make it too quickly, and think about it carefully".

this is why i'm not wholely impressed with the game

there are people who've put more whole hearted analyses into the game (SPOILER ALERT) and while i can accept it for certain aspects of the game, i can't for all, some things seem unconsidered. granted this was 1997 so a lot of these concepts werent even mechanics as shorthand.

in a meta way, the end of the game can get you to shut off the game for the waste of 12 minutes, and that can be liberating, but i don't think the message imparts itself even in the true ending. people will Do What You Tell Them in a game. im not good at writing or rhetoric so i cannot really phrase it right

i do think a bunch of people should play this BUT only as a mechanic and gameplay/story experiment

Share Bear fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 24, 2020

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Onion Games has been adding English subs to their videos lately, here's a neat one posted just today about the supposedly cut ending from Moon. Their videos get like no views and that bums me out.

https://twitter.com/oniongames/status/1429893367899508741?s=20

Recently Kimura's been talking about wanting to do more on Steam, might see Moon on there sometime in the future.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

quote:

Recently Kimura's been talking about wanting to do more on Steam, might see Moon on there sometime in the future.

now actually https://store.steampowered.com/app/1714580/moon/

also this https://store.steampowered.com/app/982350/Mon_Amour/

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Wake up, the devs showed a trailer for their new game on a Nintendo Direct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNN3gsIAiig

News about a Western release "coming soon"