Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sep 26, 2020

was playing with Theo at the park and found these bad boys, so I took a few home, cleaned them up, and now have them curing out on the balcony. excited to give myself some never before seen disease from dog park walnuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 26, 2020

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Just watch out for worms. As I understand, the thing with walnuts is that they get infested if the groundfall isn't cleared away. As in, if they're wormy, you could clear up the groundfall and after a year or two they'd be good.

please forgive my ignorance (this is the first time i've done this) but like worms in the flesh of the fruit or worms in my actual little walnuts inside the shells?

could make or break how sad i get to hear this news

Sep 26, 2020

Lead out in cuffs posted:

In the nuts.

But check them before you get too sad about it! They might be fine!

Reviews are in -- the nuts are good! Boyfriend taste-tested and said "wow! it's walnuts!"

Notes for next year: grab more and grab them earlier. And invest in a nutcracker. I used a hammer and sat on the balcony like an ape in the opening montage of 2001 but I have walnuts :)

Bonus "nocturnal walnut gremlin cryptid" pic boyfriend sent to the gc