Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

live with fruit posted:

Yeah, Jon Hamm's not weird enough to play Sinister.

Jon Hamm is one of those secret weirdos. See his comedy appearances like The Greatest Event in Television History, Toast of London or his cartoon series on Fox, Grimsburg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's not a secret. You can count the serious roles he's taken since Mad Men on one hand.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I mean, the other obvious point in the argument for Jon Hamm as Mr. Sinister is that even his most famous role, Don Draper, is an extremely weird, narcissistic dude with multiple undiagnosed mental illnesses.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

site posted:

If we don't get extremely camp Tim Curry sinister I'm not watching

Sentinel Red posted:

Hopefully they'll work in the greatest Sinister moment of all time.

No, not the 616, the Ultimate one.

(yes, yes it's tacky and in poor taste so naturally, I loving love it)

"I'm taking you to the one true enemy of the great Charles Xavier..."

*visibly tries not to laugh as he delivers the next line*

"...STAIRS!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hamm's a character actor with leading man looks

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Jon Hamm is like Bruce Campbell where nerds have been dreaming about him playing every square-jawed superhero under the sun for years but when he finally shows up in one he’s Funky Flashman or a guy who gets run over by Razorback or something.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Soul Glo posted:

jon hamm's entire bit since leaving mad men is playing extremely weird dudes

e: i guess his most famous role since is the straight man baddie of top gun maverick, but he's routinely showing up as "really, they got hamm for this?" because he's friends with a bunch of comedians and will just show up for a joke thing

i also did not realize he was in invincible, voiced tony stark in modok and was the narrator in legion, so on top of already being connected to sinister, he's done comic book stuff

live with fruit posted:

It's not a secret. You can count the serious roles he's taken since Mad Men on one hand.

He's chilling in the latest season of Fargo. Lots of abuse, both physical and emotional, intimidation, all in the name of Right Wing, bible thumping, "man is right, and a wife is his property" good Christian values. Someone above the law, heavily armed, and with a compound full of like minded gun toting followers.

Also, just kind of an rear end in a top hat angel on Good Omens. He does rear end in a top hat really well.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CzarChasm posted:

He's chilling in the latest season of Fargo. Lots of abuse, both physical and emotional, intimidation, all in the name of Right Wing, bible thumping, "man is right, and a wife is his property" good Christian values. Someone above the law, heavily armed, and with a compound full of like minded gun toting followers.

This right here. He could be an amazing villain. He can do the campy too, but when it comes down to it he can be frightening.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
There is a lot of menace in his performance as Don.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

CzarChasm posted:

Wait I thought that was his Kimmy Schmidt character.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think of him as Liz's bubble boyfriend in 30 rock.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

One step closer to making the Jon Hamm dream a reality.

This seems to confirm earlier rumors that Magneto would not be the primary villain

Because Magneto is the hero, right?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe COVID was a sign that the universe was giving us that we're better without movie theaters.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1769789898758770980

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Eeyore and Piglet are dead at the end of Blood and Honey and Christopher Robin flees vowing to never return, so I am a little surprised there is enough plot juice left for a sequel and crossover event.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
blood and honey is literally any indistinguishable no-budget slasher shlock (derogatory) with no good or entertaining ideas except winnie the pooh

so expecting a lot of that

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean Peter Pan and Pinocchio could be (and arguably have been) good horror movies but these won't be that.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i'm gonna guess that bambi isn't about a were-deer, because that would actually rule.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The team up movie is next year. That means all the other ones are between now and then. Gotta do it fast before people catch on (they already did).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Soonmot posted:

i'm gonna guess that bambi isn't about a were-deer, because that would actually rule.

Bambi going on a John Wick style revenge rampage to the people that killed his mom.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Soonmot posted:

They tried to cull them. But one remained, seeking revenge. This summer, it's doe or die!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

They tried to cull them. But one remained, seeking revenge. This summer, it's doe or die!

gently caress yeah!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

cant cook creole bream posted:

Looks like you are going to become one of the deer-ly departed.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Soonmot posted:

gently caress yeah!

I like my pun, but no need to fawn over it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's been done

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Eeyore and Piglet are dead at the end of Blood and Honey and Christopher Robin flees vowing to never return, so I am a little surprised there is enough plot juice left for a sequel and crossover event.

Shocked you think that low effort schlock like that needs actual plot to get going/made

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Soonmot posted:

I have seen the movies these people make it would absolutely not rule

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I would loving own to have a grimdark Batman with John Hamm as the Condiment King.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I remember a podcast interview Hamm did years ago saying comedy is absolutely his first love, but Mad Men nabbed him for drama offering him money and exposure, so why not? He's incredibly funny and weird in Good Omens.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Everyone is funny and weird in Good Omens.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Azubah posted:

:hmmyes:

This line read of his cracks me up every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jn76tCasNg

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Azubah posted:

Really David Tenant should be playing Sinister. He has a great amount of smarmy charm and cheese.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Madkal posted:

Really David Tenant should be playing Sinister. He has a great amount of smarmy charm and cheese.

Jessicaaaah!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Haha you bastard when they started talking about it I was salivating to mention this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I remember a podcast interview Hamm did years ago saying comedy is absolutely his first love, but Mad Men nabbed him for drama offering him money and exposure, so why not? He's incredibly funny and weird in Good Omens.

Back when he was first starting out he was roommates with Adam Scott.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

Oh, is that why The Greatest Event In Television History happened?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's a lot of Handsome in one place.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

John Hamm didn't get to play Superman, but Adam Scott made a pretty great Batman on Parks and Rec.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Madkal posted:

Ranking the Good Omens castmembers as potential Sinisters:

1. Tenant
2. Sheen
3. Hamm

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

John Hamm didn't get to play Superman, but Adam Scott made a pretty great Batman on Parks and Rec.

How would Adam Scott rank in movie portrayals of Ben Parker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Madkal posted:

How would Adam Scott rank in movie portrayals of Ben Parker?

He's the last one standing.