Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
1) Melt down excess Eternals toys.
2) Forge a life-size Celestial.
3) ???
4) Profit

69) Begin production on Eternals 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Joe Fisto posted:

Learning that a sequel was in development is honestly more shocking.

I think they just preemptivly plan everything as a trilogy these days, so I doubt they'd even written a treatment for it but I imagine everyone is locked into contracts and such.

I hope they recast Keoghan as someone else and let him be a weird little creep

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Eternals ended on like four cliffhangers. They should make it so that the Eternals were in a universe that gets destroyed by the Illuminati or whatever.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I loving hated this. It felt so lazy, all the important stuff happens within this small area.

But enough about the Bible

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Live action Teen Titans movie has been green lit.

Ana Nogueira (who is also writing the Supergirl movie) is writing the script.

No other details announced.

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1768737757654872177

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

“gently caress BATMAN”

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
IN THIS MOVIE: A TITAN DIES!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Let's (pause for effect) go.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Madame Web is already on streaming

https://twitter.com/WhenToStream/status/1768621073539461218?s=20

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hmm. Be interesting to see what characters they go with. Supergirl and Damian Wayne will both be available.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Streaming on Amazon with my mom researching spiders right before she died.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The perfect Teen Titans movie exists. They should just rerelease Teen Titans go to the movie and call it quits and rake in a billion dollars

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the success of titans will be determined entirely on nightwing's rear end

e: oh wait this is teen titans not titans, i was just looking at the art in the tweet nm rip this movie is cooked

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

The perfect Teen Titans movie exists. They should just rerelease Teen Titans go to the movie and call it quits and rake in a billion dollars

KIDS ASK YOUR PARENTS WHERE BABIES COME FROM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just do a live action, shot for shot remake of Teen Titan go to the Movies

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Please get Ray Fisher back as Cyborg

Seriously tho, are they just gonna use the cartoon line-up? Kinda hard to get Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, or Wonder Girl without any of their mentors established.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Everyone. Please jump to the wildest conclusions based off of nothing but an announcement.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’ve just returned from a year in the future. Guys this X-men run is so bad. After 3 issues Marvel in its entirety just ceased to exist. Not only did they stop making new movies, comics, shows, toys, t-shirts; they stopped selling what they’d already made! In March 2025 you can’t buy the Avengers movies! You can’t buy back issues or trades. It’s. All. Gone. Not even in comic shops or eBay. They scrubbed everything.

They should’ve listened to the feedback but they were blinded by success. Fools. Complete and utter fools. Maybe though we have a chance now since I’ve come back. Go to Twitter. Tell them. Maybe it’s not too late.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

BrianWilly posted:

Please get Ray Fisher back as Cyborg

Seriously tho, are they just gonna use the cartoon line-up? Kinda hard to get Kid Flash, Speedy, Aqualad, or Wonder Girl without any of their mentors established.

If they're smart they go with the (New) Teen Titans (Go), because they're the ones people care about. If they wanna bring anyone else that'd probably work for expanding the lineup in a sequel.

Is Burt Ward still the most successful live action incarnation of Robin? I kinda think he is, although it's not like there's a ton of competition

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

Is Burt Ward still the most successful live action incarnation of Robin? I kinda think he is, although it's not like there's a ton of competition

Yeah his only competition is Chris O'Donnell from the Schumacher movies and that dude that plays him in the live-action Titans show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

For God's sake make a new story.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
How quickly we forget Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character in Dark Knight Rises. His name was Robin too.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Shageletic posted:

For God's sake make a new story.

I've got it. What if we show you how Bruce Wayne's parents died

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Madkal posted:

How quickly we forget Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character in Dark Knight Rises. His name was Robin too.

Would have been a much better movie if at the very end he was inexplicably in the original Robin costume.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lobok posted:

Would have been a much better movie if at the very end he was inexplicably in the original Robin costume.

Just standing there with the green speedos like :confused:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Adult man Dick Grayson reading in the study one fateful night when all of a sudden a robin and a leprechaun come smashing through the window fighting and biting and pecking each other.

"It's the costume inspo I've been waiting for!"

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Madkal posted:

I would have loved a follow-up movie of him trying to deal with all the poo poo Bruce dumped on his doorstep. There is absolutely no way he would have been able to carry on as a new hero, and it would've been hilarious to see them try and make it work.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Oh I remembered, I just didn't count him since he never put on a suit

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Jamesman posted:

I would have loved a follow-up movie of him trying to deal with all the poo poo Bruce dumped on his doorstep. There is absolutely no way he would have been able to carry on as a new hero, and it would've been hilarious to see them try and make it work.

The Batcave set under a mansion full of underprivileged and presumably less-than-thoroughly supervised teenage boys would almost assuredly have to lead to an Oops! All Robins situation. Some random, quiet kid accidentally fucks with the wrong grandfather clock, a stairway opens up behind a bookcase, and the remaining 125 minutes write themselves.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Inkspot posted:

The Batcave set under a mansion full of underprivileged and presumably less-than-thoroughly supervised teenage boys would almost assuredly have to lead to an Oops! All Robins situation. Some random, quiet kid accidentally fucks with the wrong grandfather clock, a stairway opens up behind a bookcase, and the remaining 125 minutes write themselves.

Not sure there's an appetite for that after Thor 4.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Inkspot posted:

Oops! All Robins situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sejsqejZww&t=113s

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

live with fruit posted:

Not sure there's an appetite for that after Thor 4.

I don't condone the actions of 50-70 fictional teenage boys.

Representation =/= Concurrence

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Inkspot posted:

I was thinking more about how Batman was Batman because he could afford to be Batman. So Robin gradually loses more and more equipment because he can't fix/replace it, until he's... well... running around wearing hockey pants.

And then someone shoots him and he dies.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Poor Batman would be a nice twist.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

live with fruit posted:

This hasn't been done quite as many times as "evil Superman", but honestly it's up there

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

live with fruit posted:

This was Aronofsky’s Batman: Year One pitch, essentially.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Was that the one where Alfred was a black guy who owned a garage and the Batmobile was like a souped-up car that they both built or something

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Problem with "poor" superhero stories is that it functionally doesn't actually matter or it gets undone pretty quickly.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
We have a perpetually poor superhero

His name is Spider-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

We have a perpetually poor superhero

His name is Spider-Man

He's got super strength and other superpowers. I'm talking a Phoenix Jones style hero, but successful.