Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1299529112512598017?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/chadwickboseman/status/1299530165463199747?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Endless Mike posted:

I am 100% cool with a Shuri movie, but I expect them to cancel BP2 and simply have Shuri and others appear in other characters' movies, unfortunately.

I guarantee even Disney is not this stupid

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I just extremely don't want to see digital boseman being the king of necropolis, and seeing as his mcu arc is Dad dies, fights to become king, dies in iw, comes back, dies again, it isn't that hard of a sell and Disney is obviously not above doing that to beloved movie stars and their characters

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arist posted:

and we'll all cry like at the end of Furious 7

:smith:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Personally I think there are 3 perfectly good women already introduced in bp1 that could fill the role just fine instead of recasting

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Dan Didio posted:

Angela Bassett, of course, but which of the other three do you mean for the last two spots.

Shuri
Nakia
Okoye

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If someone takes the mantle of black panther then the black panther would be in the movie?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I really don't see a scene in which mbaku beats the crap out of Shuri to take the mantle of BP from her winning over audiences tbh. Plus that's just retreading ground from bp1

^^^ it would be interesting if they split BP off into the protector role with Nakia as BP while Shuri is thrust into taking over as queen

site fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 30, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't even think about that that's a good point

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I know by infinity war there is at the least a truce between tchalla and mbaku but mbaku is a traditionalist who already has a beef with Shuri specifically in BP so he doesn't strike me as one to just accept the role being given like that

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
You're not wrong, but I can easily imagine between killmonger and everybody getting dusted a reactionary like mbaku would grip even tighter to tradition.

Hell for all I know he might even be king now already. Everything up in the air now

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah by the end he does have a bit of a goofy cousin vibe to him, but at the outset when he challenges tchalla for the crown he calls out wakandas drifting from tradition and specifically Shuri and her flaunting of it in her developing technological advances that did not get any resolution in the film. So that's what I'm basing my original post on

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gonna DVR it so I can go through one frame at a time and find all the blue lives matter subliminal messaging Disney added

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I think it was that they just hadn't planned on either of those items as containers of infinity gems during phase 1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't they literally say in endgame that he didn't seriously make a grab for all the gems until he discovered that gamora knew where the soul gem was

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm sure they just assume that if you're accepting the pre production training regimen they force on all the mcu actors, and you complete it successfully, that you're healthy enough to do the movie

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Joss is already toast career wise so it makes sense DC would try to use him as a scapegoat, but good on Ray for telling them to gently caress off

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol Warner guy was stupid enough to think someone who's been blasting them for months on Twitter wouldn't keep receipts

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Catridgeblowers are you the same person who did hosting on sgdq a few weeks ago

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So who here saw caps dick

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Seems like a really strange choice for Ant-Man but okay sure

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I hope he also plays immortus and Scarlet centurion and Nathaniel Richards

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Scott Kang, an intrepid explorer from earth 617 encounters something he did not expect in his first trip to what he calls the tinyverse, a dopey doppelganger of himself

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
As someone who had very little knowledge at the time of Kang's history, avengers forever was at times a little hard to follow wrt all of his crap. Good book tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Love to ardently refuse to put movies on my premium subscription service so I can watch my quarterly profits tank

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I mean at this point I'd be surprised if Disney+ wasn't hemorrhaging subs because they haven't put any new content on it since mando last year. I dunno what their reluctance is

E: ^^^ if true I wonder what it is thats keeping people paying for it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Arist posted:

I'm assuming a lot of it's "they have the entire back Disney catalog so my young children love keeping it on all the time" subs.

Lol yeah that's probably it huh

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't know transphobia was a physical response to brain damage

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lobok posted:

and lowest points in all of Spider-Man's history has to do with his radioactive jizz

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah Scarlett is now available

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Dammit

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

cant cook creole bream posted:

Technically, we don't know that. I highly doubt it would happen given the people in charge, but for all we know, it could be about Kamala overcoming her antiquated religious urges, which drive her towards evil and terrorism, before she becomes a devout Christian who fights for freedom and helps keeping America great by handing out her plotting Iman to the local cops.

Have you read the Ms marvel comics at all

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
A whole loving year lmao

E: the other two dates

https://twitter.com/adambvary/status/1308815616447361025?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they should do it like batman and have every movie do a dark phoenix recap to remind us of the thing we saw in 5 other movies

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

Marvel tends to work more or less in real time

it would be interesting if they include covid movie death time to have the remaining avengers just retire because nothing happens for years post snap

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just put black widow on disney+ already you stupid shits

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bring back agent carter

site
Apr 6, 2007