Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Just make it Shuri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah that’s not a great situation

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You couldn't pay me enough to take that DC job

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

site posted:

So who here saw caps dick
You mean America's Dick

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I would have seen Tenet opening weekend if it wasn't for all of this, but I'm going to wait for it to appear on digital.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

McCloud posted:

Some of us live in areas that actually managed to curb the covid spread and can enjoy theatre visits. I quite recommend it.
So Not America then

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

McCloud posted:

Not even close, and thank god.

Uhm, no offense
No I wish I wasn't here right now since I also live in a state where the government has refused to take any real action against the virus, even the most minimal ones

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

At least with Tenet not doing that well in theaters it will probably expedite it's arrival on digital release, I hope

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I doubt Ant Man 3 will be out for a long time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes in the two second teaser for Loki he’s in their jumpsuit

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I'm wondering if there will still be theater chains around by the time the next Marvel movie comes out

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There were some updates on the MCU TV stuff today. Here's a picture of the new Falcon costume

https://twitter.com/77MCU/status/1305552966783504387

also Disney confirmed that WandaVision is releasing by the end of the year on Disney+

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1306301595034902528?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I laughed at Vision wearing the Halloween costume version of one of his comic outfits

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean if we go with the comics version of ‘she had a mental break and lost control of her powers/put herself into her own ideal reality’ I don’t think you have to explain much. We saw in her first appearance in Age of Ultron that she could manipulate people with her powers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

badjohny posted:

Didn't marvel say this is going to lead directly to, or tie in with, Dr Strange part 2? I notice Vision still has the stone on his head in the trailer too.
Yes this is going to lead into Dr Strange 2

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Goddamnit, give me SamCap already :argh:
Yeah i was looking forward to that series

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disney is reportedly making a Nick Fury Disney+ Marvel show for the streaming service. Speculation in the article is that this could involve him and SWORD, which was teased at the end of Spider-Man Far From Home.

https://www.ign.com/articles/nick-fury-marvel-disney-plus-series-in-development-with-samuel-l-jackson

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Didn’t it get leaked before the movie came out that the one mystery woman lead was Talia Al Ghul as well?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes having the LoS as the true threat in the last movie made sense. The whole conflict of BB is that Ras believes Gotham is a lost cause and has to be destroyed, while Bruce wants to save it. He stops them for awhile but lets down his guard.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is weird. Apparently they redid the Peter Parker model in Sony’s Spider-Man game for the next gen remaster and suddenly he looks an awful lot like Tom Holland. That game has its own continuity and has no connection to the MCU.

https://twitter.com/mcu_direct/status/1311356380578754561?s=21

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Didn’t people make fun of his performance in that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There have been rumors about them bringing back the actor who played Netflix Daredevil for a future Daredevil Hulu thing, but everything is so much in flux with Covid I don’t know if that is still a possibility or not

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Charlie Cox has himself said he has zero hope of this ever happening. Very recently even.
That sucks, I hadn’t seen that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes Holland has been my favorite for those reasons

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Right, the problem with those is that they are very heavily weighted towards the early Spider-Man stuff from the 60s and pretty much ignored anything that happened after that. And the first movie came out in 2002.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

What happened to you people? Tom Holland is a treasure!
I honestly can't bring myself to have an opinion about anything that came before.
Yes I agree that he’s the best one

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I enjoy theaters but honestly, until cases get to a manageable level or we have a vaccine I am probably not going

Still haven't eaten indoors in a restaurant since before the shutdowns, and just being in any kind of indoor environment for that long is a big risk. Plus I don't trust people to keep their masks on enough.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

What does this actually mean? I really hate reading corporate press releases.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It means their parks are hosed, theaters are hosed. They have to make money somehow.
Yes, but for the time being they have bumped all of their major releases well into next year, except for Soul which is being put on Disney+

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Disney has really done a poor job of running Disney+. They launched it with almost all old content and almost nothing new. Their plans for future content were also way out in the future.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Black Widow getting delayed to next May is going to push a lot of stuff back

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think Disney has said that Falcon and the Winter Soldier had to be delayed because of the Black Widow delay because they have a connection

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Right and I think that is the report on why BW keeps getting delayed and not moved to Disney+

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Keaton is apparently in Morbius. Probably a cameo, but you can’t rule anything out

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I had totally forgotten about it being made, but Hulu has a Daimon Hellstrom series and it’s bad

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The review of it I read said that it doesn't go into the supernatural stuff that much and stays pretty grounded and boring.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This series comes off like those older movies and series that almost seemed embarrassed of the source material. I thought we had moved past that with superhero stuff but I guess not.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’ve read that Tim Roth was supposed to return as Blonsky in Civil War but there was too much going on in that movie and they couldn’t fit it in

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It would be nice if they followed up on the setup they did with The Leader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

There was that one comic in the 90s that introduced the 5 symbiotes that were ‘Carnage’s children’