Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Unreal that he put in so many amazing performances while battling cancer. What a mensch.

:rip: Chadwick Boseman. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Reading this absolutely defeated me. :negative:

I hope he had enough people around him that knew about his cancer to support him through those trying years.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I was going to post something about how by the time BP2 comes out, Nyong'o would be old enough as an actress to convincingly take on the mantle of the Black Panther from her Boseman. However, when I went to look her up on Wikipedia I found out that she's 37. :eyepop: I honestly believed she was closer to her teens than her thirties, and I was under the impression that the character of Shuri was supposed to be a teen genius. Same with Chadwick Boseman, actually. I thought he was in his thirties. Maybe Wakandan de-aging technology is real.

Either way, I think it makes perfect sense for Shuri to become the next Black Panther.

Roth posted:

Inspired by the death of his beloved friend, CIA Agent Everett Ross takes on the mantle of being the Black Panther

I think it could be funny if they did this as a joke scene. Ross travels to Wakanda to offer his services at the new Black Panther, only for them to brush him off because they've already taken care of that.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

You're both right. I'm a dummy. :(

e: In my defense, I saw someone else make the same mistake on Twitter. That's where the confusion came from.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 30, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I was willing to let the comment on Native Americans slide when I was still under the impression that it was a one-off thing, but seeing that it's a running "gag" is a little displeasing. Doubly so in light of the director's comments on racism in Brazil.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

Rewatching The Avengers, and man Thanos' involvement makes less sense here than in Ultron.
He hands Loki the mind stone and sends him to invade earth to take the tesseract (presumably he also knows the time stone is there), but the entire plot is based around Loki powering the tesseract up enough to pull the Chitauri army through, and there's just no reason to believe he can't just roll up and do it himself anyways. Space travel in the later movies shows it to be nothing, and even if it took him a while he's not really in a rush at any point anyways.

Well actually the tesseract has the space stone in there so I believe you will find that Thanos' actions make complete sense.

:goonsay:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I know this was a few days ago but wow, that's an amazing get!

I'm so excited for the 2022 Disney+ shows! It makes the rest of the lineup a lot less exciting by comparison.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The only important takeaway from this announcement for me is that the odds of Tom Hardy's Venom being in the MCU just went up. :slick:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dang, guess I'll actually have to go see Spider-Man 3 now.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Spider-Man: Dormammu All the Time

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Didn't Jared Leto end up becoming a cult leader of some sort? I'm surprised he's still getting Hollywood work after that.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Phylodox posted:

[insert Tom Cruise joke here]

Point taken. :negative:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

theironjef posted:

How about a team up of Kingpin, Prowler, Doc Ock, Hammerhead, and Scorpion? I could get into that.

The Thunderous Six.

I think putting together a good Thunderbolts team with the scraps that are still left wouldn't be too hard. The film could start out with two or three small-time supervillains getting caught by like, Ant-Man or one of the new Captains America, and they could serve as the PoV outsider characters for the rest of the film. Then you could include Justin Hammer as Detroit Steel, reveal that Aldrich Killian survived the explosion, repair Ultron, bring in the Vulture, and maybe some villains from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. if you really want to.

Still kind of sloppy, I suppose. Maybe the MCU should stop being so murder-happy with its villains. :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Fangz posted:

I guess I just think back to all the superhero movies ruined by trying to jam in too many villains (i.e. Spiderman 3) and wondering how that would work if you are doing that and also trying to jam in character development for a full superhero team at the same time.

I think the best way to handle a Thunderbolts film is to do a Suicide Squad-style villain redemption story. Have them infiltrate some rich Louisiana landowner's grounds to find Man-Thing, or something. Black ops stuff but with technicolour superheroes (so not very black ops).

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Seriously worried I’ll get too drunk and accidentally end up in Justice League without realizing it.

Zack Snyder enters the wrong acronym into google and instead of a BvS flashback he includes a BSS flashback.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Davros1 posted:

The Punisher did appear in Spider-Man 2 though

bunnyofdoom posted:

Jesus that screen cap looks like a last known photo on the news

Megan is Missing 2

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Tony Stark is more important to the plot of Spider-Man: Far From Home than he is to the plot of his own films, so I'd say it still counts as a crossover. :cheeky:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

OnimaruXLR posted:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1328750606962499584

Does anyone else look at this picture and go "Oh poo poo, he stole Stryfe's armor!" ?

Between this and the Uxas/Darkseid from the first trailer, I am now expecting this film to be horribly underfunded relative to how much new work needs to be done, and that the effects are all going to look this poor. :gonk:

I figured the trailer featured some early effects work, but if this is what Snyder & co are comfortable showing off as a screencap, I don't have high hopes.

The design itself is horrendous too.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Isn't HBO Max exclusive to North America for the moment? Trying to follow the Disney+ digital release strategy seems like a pretty bad idea if you don't have a market presence in Europe, South America, and Asia.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

That glowing plastic mohawk is amazing. :allears:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/lukegranders/status/1330952459607535618

People love to ask Gunn 'well how would YOU know?' on things he's working on.

I love posts like these where someone tries to explain a concept to a person who happens to be a leading expert on that concept. But it's extra funny when said expert is a big-name director instead of an obscure scientific genius. :newlol:

This was probably meant as a joke, but either way it got a laugh out of me.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I think that when we're at a point where we're bringing the real-world logistics of execution vs life imprisonment and Middle Eastern conflict into the conversation we've far exceeded the confines of this thread's subject. If you want to go in that hard on discussing Zack Snyder's filmography, there is a thread in CD specifically catered towards that topic. As for this thread, I'm going to have to ask you all to drop the discussion for now.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

site posted:

superman actually had his arm out you just cant see it is handwavey headcanon not really supported by anything but also batman basically kills half the people he fights in the arkham game is such a widespread notion that its essentially an internet meme at this point so i guess i just dont agree with any of that

This is where I am on this issue. I feel the same about the Lois Lane hostage scene as I do about the combat in Arkham Knight: if people aren't being killed here, the creators should've done a better job presenting that because, as it stands, it's a tertiary interpretation of the events at best.

This is a much more widespread problem than these two works, don't get me wrong. But just because it comes up a lot doesn't mean it's not a problem. It just means that a lot of creatives don't care enough about it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

That outfit is killer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Then what was the second thing they put out? Wasn't there one? Am I having a stroke?

There was that animated film (no idea if it was Pixar or Disney Pictures) called Onward, I believe. I didn't remember it existed either until I saw the blu-ray on sale on Zavvi.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We should let Shuri take on the mantle of black Panther!

Shuri:

https://twitter.com/letitiawright/status/1334667862141755392?s=21

:negative:

Nooooo :(

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Nobody tell her what the Dutch word for "match" is.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Oh hell yeah!!

My secret hope is that they get Chad Kroeger and the Saliva guy back to do the theme song again.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Jamesman posted:

Sony just announced Macy Gray is coming back for Spider-Man 3.

Also here's the first teaser trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSRMWw8Y_0

How could you.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Between Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Armour Wars I feel like every Disney+ announcement is made specifically for me.

:stoked:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Have they said anything about how they're gonna give Kamala her powers in Ms. Marvel? I'd imagine it can't be Terrigen since Marvel probably wants people to forget that Inhumans happened (until they can like, retry them in Phase whatever down the road).

It's going to be a mysterious compound known as "Jerrigan gas".

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

It's also a lot easier to explain why there haven't been F4 characters until now than it is to explain where the X-Men have been. They might need to brainstorm on that for a little bit. :v:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I would love it if they retconned in that in Avengers Endgame, after Cap says "we're gonna need a really big brain," Cap and Ant-Man visit Reed Richards who immediately gives them the "go gently caress yourselves" like Logan in X-Men: First Class.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

They better keep John Krasinski far away from the MCU or I'm going to start acting up.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

No, he's supposed to be Hank McCoy.

The role of Beast is reserved for Dolph Lundgren so long as someone else is occupying the role of Cable, IMO.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

I genuinely did one of these when I went from thinking this was going to be a documentary series about legendary Marvel comic issues to realising it was about the MCU:

I really don't think the MCU is old enough to start doing awe-filled recaps of it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

SlimGoodbody posted:

She played a character on the Jessica Jones show, so clearly she can't be Sue Storm as that would throw the entire continuity of the MCU into chaos and disarray. "This is Hope Shlottman," people would shriek every time Sue was on screen, "Hope Shlottman from Jessica Jones!!"

Mahershala Ali played Cottonmouth in Luke Cage and is now set to play Blade in a feature film, so from the looks of it Marvel isn't too concerned with double dipping on casting.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

CzarChasm posted:

Well there was this one old guy that they kept throwing in to all these movies for some reason, but I don't know the name of any of his characters. Pretty sure it was a different character every time.

Put some respect on Hugh Hefner's name. :mad:

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Do you ever think about how in X-Men: Days of Future Past either Iceman or Sunspot could have defeated the Sentinels if the other didn't let them absord his powers?

I think about it all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

Those Future Sentinels* could just adapt and change, not absorb mutant powers. So enough of them would always have defeated any mutant because they'd figure out what they needed to change into to kill them.

Then again it killed Sunspot by becoming an Ice Robot. I am not sure how Bobby Drake would have defeated an Ice Robot by icing it harder. And vice versa.

*= Just call them Nimrods or Sentinal Primes you drat cowards. Your failure to fully lean into the comics mythos is why you lost the comic movie war.

You might be right, it's been a while since I've seen the film. The visual implication of the Sentinels becoming icy/flamy while fighting Iceman/Sunspot gave me the impression that they absorbed powers. My bad!