Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I’m excited for Zack Snyder’s Justice League

FYI you put the WW84 poster up for The Suicide Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

His main goal seems to be actually enforcing change at WB to protect future actors, not feeding gossip rags

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

OldMemes posted:

I suppose the difference is that John Boyega was very clear in his messaging - he wanted some things changed in the industry so that everyone can have more opportunities, and he's a proven actor who has shown that he can pull it off (if you've not seen Detroit, he's fantastic in it) - he wants to use his celebrity to make the table longer and that's great.

Fisher has been vague - it's hard to make any kind of analysis on the situation when he doesn't do into specifics and keep hinting at what his issues were and making indirect tweets. Plus he seems to be framing it around himself, rather than around a community idea like Boyea. Justice League should have been the guy's big break, but it sounds like it was a very poorly managed project, especially after Synder had to pull out. Remaking it into a miniseries should be an interesting experiment, but it sounds like production was very, very rough. Hopefully Fisher gets closure and is able to move on with his career - Cyborg wasn't great, but then none of the characters were - but he was good in True Detective, so hopefully he gets more work and can tone his talents.

And if there was misconduct, then it should of cause be addressed, and new policies and oversight be put in place to prevent a repeat of it.

Fisher is a union organizer, he isn’t making it about himself, he knows exactly what he’s doing, and he’s already getting results

This doesn’t all need to be completely visible to us as individuals at this moment

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Neither I nor Ray said that this was over. He got Joss Whedon booted and he’s got a third party investigation underway

I think people are used to seeing these stories break after the investigations have already concluded and getting a whole flood of info straight up. Or, you see someone with no resources taking to twitter to even get things moving. The former hasn’t happened yet and Fisher doesn’t have to do the latter at this point since the gears are turning in his direction.

I would expect that if the investigation concludes to his satisfaction, but Warner doesn’t execute on any of it, then we will see him deploy a new tactic.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 8, 2021

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Oh right, that was in December. But the negotiations aren’t, per this tweet

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1347331771633967107?s=21

I don’t see why he’d feel the need to change tactics until the book is closed on this in a way that is unsatisfactory

My main point was, people are being unfair for casting doubt on Ray just because every dirty detail isn’t on twitter yet. Especially given how many people (including big names) have co-signed what he is saying.

AdmiralViscen fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 8, 2021