Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
God that Boseman news sucks.

I had just seen the Black Jeopardy skit with him in character as T'challa. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMzFGgmQOc

He really made the role the standout cultural phenomenon that it was. The character might as well not have existed until he brought it to life. RIP man

If you need a laugh in these trying times the Tom Hanks Black Jeopardy is also good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7VaXlMvAvk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

make it blink.
With Joker being a Taxi Driver homage then it wouldn't be that out of place to style Joker 2 like One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

There's plenty of lesser and well know headcases to fill the movie with from Batman's rogues. Scarface is personal favorite as one who can be adapted easily. Along with being ripe for the Harley Quinn corruption story line. It really would not be a question of if Joker escapes, but there could be tension on how many sympathetic or deserving characters he kills to do it.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

make it blink.
HBO/Disc cancelling new projects is basically saying when you see everything on the service that you want to see then you should just cancel immediately because there isn't going to be anymore service only stuff.

If I want to see the The Batman I've got options but if I want to see Peacemaker I have to pay for their service. Once signed up for the promise of more exclusive stuff to trickle in than I may just never cancel. If I do cancel and no new exclusive content is there then I have no real incentive to sign up again once out.

It's going to be a classic business death spiral. The streaming service is just destined to bleed customers under this plan.

E: I keep forgetting that they plan to keep doing new unscripted and Reality TV shows mainly because I have zero interest in that stuff personally. New content like that alone won't save the combined service since Discovery+ had less subscribers* (D+ 53m v HM 73m) and was losing subscribers* ( D+ -300k vs HM +3m).

*quick google figures may not be completely accurate.

E. Revenant fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 16, 2022

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

make it blink.

Jamesman posted:

Ventriloquist. I'm not even joking I think that would rule.

Holy poo poo yes! The Ventriloquiest/Scarface is one of those Batman villains that makes it very clear that they are themselves a victim of their own psychosis. It would take a movie structured almost completely different than the ones we have gotten so far but it's very ripe ground if done well.

If done well.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

make it blink.
WHERE is Sentry? He's a sentry, he should be somewhere guarding something not randomly showing up off post in superhero fights.

While he's hitting some costumed mook with the power of a million exploding suns some trespasser is going to be stealing all the copper pipe from a construction site.