Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I did see New Mutants and I thought it was fine? Like, it doesn't tell much of a story and it's super small in scale, but the cast is really good. It's a lot better than Dark Phoenix, that's for sure.

But I'll say again that I hope Anya Taylor-Joy gets moved to the MCU as Magik because she's the best part of the movie. I was also very happy to get a proper version of Lockheed on screen. Even if they don't really bother to explain... anything about that character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Goddamn that's loving horrible.

gently caress cancer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I am 100% cool with a Shuri movie, but I expect them to cancel BP2 and simply have Shuri and others appear in other characters' movies, unfortunately.

I really doubt that will happen. I expect Black Panther 2 is going to have a real weight to it in dealing with Boseman's death. It should 100% be about Shuri having to cope with the loss of T'Challa while stepping into the mantle of Black Panther.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they do want to get crazy with the multiverse and recast, have Michael B. Jordan come in as a T'Challa from another universe.

But I still think making Shuri the next Black Panther is the best idea. Eventually you can recast T'Challa, but I think the next film would be too soon for that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Yeah. Like right after the comment about the buffalo wings, Dani has her stand up to the bully moment, where she gets in Illyana’s face, and tells her how pathetic and immature her insults are.

Illyana isn’t a very nice person, and is also trying to antagonize Dani into using her power that nobody, even Dani, knows what it is.

Sam also steps up but Dani cuts him off to do this.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe the "I'll do it myself" ending was him grabbing his oven glove because people had hosed up baking so he was gonna bake those cookies himself

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

I woke up to an article where John Boyega called Disney Execs out for giving all the story to the white kids in the movie and sidelining the poc, and I think he'd do wonderful things if he has as much input at Boseman apparently did.

But since Marvel is a Disney joint...

I feel like even though Marvel is under Disney, that Feige makes a shitload of difference. I haven't heard a bad thing about the guy and as the moves have more success, he seems to be genuine in wanting to have more diversity and let the directors have freedom to put their own touches on the films. I imagine working under a Marvel film would be different from working under Kennedy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Retro Futurist posted:

I wouldn't complain if Warner just handed the DCU over to Gunn.

I think now that he's back making Guardians 3, that probably won't happen.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If I were super famous and people made weird memes of myself I'd probably save those too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

Seems like a really strange choice for Ant-Man but okay sure

Maybe they're going the Iron Lad route and having a younger version of him meet with Cassie?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should just focus on casting someone who would be good at Jen Walters, since I imagine She-Hulk will have to be CGI. So hopefully someone with some good comedy chops.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I wonder what they’re going to do with casting for characters that were in the Netflix series if they use those characters again, speaking of Rosario Dawson. Some of the casting there was great but I’m guessing they don’t want people associating stuff with the Netflix series too closely.

Rumors have been around for Charlie Cox reprising Daredevil and Bernthal being their Punisher. I'm pretty confident that those two will come back in those roles.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If Daredevil showed up in say, the next Spider-Man movie, and was played by Charlie Cox, you don't have to go into any sort of origin for him. You don't have to really reference any continuity either. It's just - hey, here's Daredevil again! Now let's go tell some stories with him.

I don't know how good this guy is with rumors, but this seems to be where most of it is from.

https://www.geekositymag.com/post/scoop-discussions-with-charlie-cox-as-daredevil-expected-in-december

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Holy poo poo that rules. She's so good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They announced the Ms. Marvel creative team, so based on how they did that with She-Hulk and then revealed the main lead soon after, I would expect we'll find out who is playing her relatively soon.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I mean, Tom Holland's 24 and his Peter Parker is still in high school so... yeah. I'd say the door's open for older casting.

They hired him when he was 19.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

rantmo posted:

Motherfuck that looks good. Who's Katheryn Hahn playing? Is she Agatha Harkness?

Yeah. Subtitles have her as "Agnes" and the couple is "Mr. Heart" and "Mrs. Heart" in case that means anything. Definitely Monica at the end.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Ready for passing mentions of "that flying blonde lady."

These shows are being produced by Marvel Films and under Feige. They are going to tie in explicitly with the films.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It also wouldn't be difficult for Kamala to have been saved, directly or indirectly, by Carol so she became a fan of her that way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, Marvel has said there's a multiverse, so it's also very probable that it's this reality's Electro. Plus I'm fine with Foxx getting a do-over since ASM2 was really bad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aunt May from the Raimi Spider-Man movies hasn't held up well with the reinterpretations being much better. Though I guess cool younger Aunt May wasn't really a thing until Ultimate Spider-Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The rumor is that Falcon and the Winter Soldier is sort of adapting the Madbomb story, and it might have been changed to a virus rather than a sonic thing.

But it also might set up Thunderbolts, and it's pretty much confirmed that at least Yelena and Taskmaster show up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think 14 is too young for America Chavez. Zelma would be a cool addition.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Superman is gonna break Leto-Joker's neck and everyone will cheer

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Now I want to see the Joker rankings. Does it only rank modern day Jokers (ignoring Cesar Romero). Or is there someone worse than Leto?

Probably only modern Batman movies.

So he's at the bottom of the list of Ledger, Nicholson, Phoenix, and Leto.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fangz posted:

You forgot Zach Galifianakis.

Live action only! Because otherwise Hamill would be there.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

Aw man, I didn't know that until your post. Just a rumour, dang.

It's more likely that she isn't saying anything until Disney comes out and says it. The showrunner mentioned her on Twitter. Paul Rudd had to do the same thing way back when before he was officially announced.

So far all the Marvel stuff has come from respected sources, but not Disney themselves. So until the Mouse says something, you're probably not gonna hear the actors confirm it.

But anyway, if that is true, that's fantastic casting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/AfterShockB4Awe/status/1328762688403632131

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Furies would have been better if you wanted to send Darkseid's goons.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now put Black Widow on Disney+, Marvel

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JordanKai posted:

Isn't HBO Max exclusive to North America for the moment? Trying to follow the Disney+ digital release strategy seems like a pretty bad idea if you don't have a market presence in Europe, South America, and Asia.

Yeah but that's why they're putting it in theaters too. Some places aren't insane like the US and have the virus contained so it's actually safe to see a movie in theaters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

People complaining as if that's her proper costume already.

They haven't read the comics. They just want to complain. Seems like that's probably one of her first times out and of course she's dressed like Captain Marvel. Just like in the comics where she adapted Carol's blue costume her first time out before getting her own.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Okay who can H Jon Benjamin play in Deadpool 3?

Bob, Agent of Hydra

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/lukegranders/status/1330952459607535618

People love to ask Gunn 'well how would YOU know?' on things he's working on.

I think the guy was joking, but Gunn took it all in stride.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She posted this on instagram and the Hawkeye directors put 3 hearts there.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIPg2lFBjSr/

I assume that Marvel is waiting to announce it and they can't for whatever reason. Or they've planned to drop it all on a date already.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's probably not her actual costume. But you clearly know it's Kate from that look, so it rules.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope Disney just puts their stuff on Disney+ now too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Madame Masque would probably be a season 2 thing or a later villain for Kate. Let them play out the Fraction stuff first so Renner can be done with then go forward with Kate's villains.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Whoops alternate universe T'Challa and Shuri are here now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Renner's gonna be gone after this season of Hawkeye so I think people are just like "okay whatever" because he'll be done soon enough.

Wright on the other hand was positioned to maybe actually become the next Black Panther so this hurts a lot more.

Now I say just make alternate universe T'Challa come over played by Michael B. Jordan. Shuri is now played by Zendaya. Zendaya can also continue to be MJ.