Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

The giant Ant-man helmet/skull feels like a quick jab at Quantumania that was added probably recently.

It seems to me the world has a lot of Old Man Logan stuff? So the Ant-Man skull would be Pym Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah those things are freaky.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I'm annoyed they're doing Old Man Logan after Logan was just a better version of Old Man Logan in the first place.

Well, they're not really doing it so much as it's background for whatever the plot of this movie is.

I guess it lets them have a Wolverine with the same vibe and attitude to when audiences last saw him, in Logan, so they'll be familiar with that, while also being distinct and not actually intersecting with that movie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I can see them doing a good mock on how ridiculous Cassandra Nova's origin story is.

oh man now I'm gonna be so let down if they don't have a flashback to the foetus vs foetus smackdown

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 22, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

In the comics she's Professor X's twin sister that he absorbed has a fistfight with professor X and tried to strangle him to death with his umbilical cord then he killed her with a mindblast in the womb

but she was too powerful and her soul survived in the miscarried waste and eventually reformed

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 22, 2024

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

They could circumvent the entire Cassandra Nova origin by just saying she’s an Xavier variant, which works in MCU terms, preceded by the Loki/Sylvie which audiences already understand and is just a lot cleaner.

Yeah but if they do that we won't get to see a foetus punch their twin.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I believe it's meant to be that the past of Logan is meant to be identical to the Fox X-Men movies and if it's the same universe well who knows but officially, no.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kinda sad there's no sign of Colossus because if he was in this we'd finally be getting a fastball special from the two of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

site posted:

don't worry logan has been making sure scott's pipes are clean

If Marvel don't give us the Jean/Scott/Logan polycule we riot.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 26, 2024