Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She’s 0/2 with franchise finales now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I mean, we have no clue how sudden it was and what conversations may have happened.

Hopefully they had his input on the future of the series. It was important to him and a lot of people, after all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shuri's meant to be about 20 in Black Panther.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Recasting is a thing that happens but usually not right away especially for a lead character. I honestly am hard pressed to think of a case where a lead actor died tragically between movies and they just recast them that wasn't a complete lovely clusterfuck like the Bruce Lee stuff.

Dumbledore I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the official explanation was that Thanos didn’t want to move openly until the location of the Soul gem was found because then other forces could gather to oppose him.

Once he has a way to get that info, he gets them all within like a day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They never say, it’s just on an old mission before she even turned on him. She found out and kept it secret.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feels like insurance should have probably known about that.

Edit: That's addressed in the article. Apparently big movies just don't care about insurance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have Michael B. Jordan take over as T'Challa.

(Not Killmonger.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feige doesn't report to any of the people Boyega would have issues with, so it's not impossible no.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That means he probably caught if before they resumed and spread it all over too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He stopped being the guy in charge of TV around then too I think?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eh, those aren't really incompatible statements. It sounds like a brief meeting that he left (for good reasons) without discussing anything.

I want more drama.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was showing a video from his phone's photo gallery on an IG story and didn't end it before the video ended and his gallery reappeared.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know, you can't trust numbers from dictatorships like the US.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Give it to, gently caress, I don't know, Rosario Dawson, she'll probably knock it out of the park.

Rosario Dawson might be an abusive transphobe.

Although they cast her on Mandalorian anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the middle of Gina Carano's idiocy she said Pascal spoke to her and educated her, but she took the wrong lesson from it anyway because she's a moron.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Carano has at last look put her pronouns on Twitter as robot noises which is like a step away from identifying as an attack helicopter.

Yeah she started with a "I'm not putting my pronouns in" rant, then said Pascal talked to her and she learned some things.

Then came back later with the boop beep thing. She says it's because she was being bullied for not showing support by not having any pronouns listed.

Any community that gets big enough online will have people that do that. But it's not representative and that's a very dumb response.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

I'm not sure how some shared DNA acquired prior to Bruce ever becoming the Hulk would translate to passing on Hulkness but I'm no comic book scientist.

I guess a better question would be: has Hulkiffication ever been passed through Bruce's blood again, beyond Jennifer?

Originally, you can't just gamma anyone and make a Hulk (despite the now numerous stories where you can just gamma anyone and make a Hulk) so the reason it worked on her was because she had the same whatever in her DNA that Bruce did.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

For those of you who don't get the Scarlet jokes it's referencing her playing a Japanese woman in ghost in the shell and her reaction to the white washing controversy being... Less than stellar: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/07/scarlett-johansson-casting-controversy-tree

She was talking about playing a trans man in that one, not GitS. I think she eventually dropped out of that movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The studio cares less about age than look anyway.

Those first and third photos sell highschooler just fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Monica Rambeau who goes flying and ends up on the ground at 1:07 right?

rantmo posted:

Motherfuck that looks good. Who's Katheryn Hahn playing? Is she Agatha Harkness?

Her credit is "nosy neighbor".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Based on Captain Marvel and Quicksilver I don't think that being empowered by a stone necessarily gives you powers linked to that stone.

Yeah, her brother had superspeed from the Mind stone. She has telekinesis and some kind of telepathy which I guess is semi related right now. Captain Marvel has energy manipulation from the Space stone.

Plus the twins don't have similar powers at all, so it's all just random.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Monica's there so it could be related to her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WB paying $30 million to finish a cut that they all hated to bilk some Twitter crazies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

I thought this thread we were going to cut back on the passive-aggressive sniping-at-people-who-like-Snyder-films thing

I don't see any passive aggression.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also set it up earlier in Apocalypse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If they want to be comic accurate it can only be a space bird like 5 movies after she dies.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Doing Pheonix is like how Batman keeps doing Dark Knight Returns. It's the best story ever made so we must always do it! Though Marvel would at least be not afraid to have the Shiiar appear in it. But even then, why not Brood? Why not a later story arc? I'd watch a movie of Cable and Hope running through time. It's like how I keep seeing people going "oh they're gonna do X-men Vs Avengers!" yea, no. That is a story that had decades of build up, it didn't just happen.

They've only done DKR once though?

And they waited 9 movies, 4 different series, and 6 different Batmen.

Also AvX literally just happened. That's why nobody likes it. Nobody's decades of characterization mattered there. The only positive of AvX is the costumes for the Phoenix 5, and Cyclops was Right.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Sep 28, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh right, I forgot DC still does animation.

That's a 2 part DKR rather than doing it twice though isn't it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman is an older douche is just Batman. If he's not trying to kill Superman, it ain't DKR.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So Lex Luther is Batman?

He has literally all of the same qualifications.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even in the original he's preparing to Batman again at the end.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plastic Man is naked.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't really know if "but this isn't what the Joker said should happen" is a solid argument.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I mean, the joke about washed out child actors is a thing for a reason.

That reason being overbearing parents who don't protect their interests and poo poo

There are way, way more child actors who left the industry and just went on to a normal life too though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Canadian, what could she possibly know of Jersey?!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carol is on Earth for like 2 days and never appears publicly, disappears for 30 years, and apparently also takes off again after Thanos is offed at the beginning of Endgame too.

Plus she never had the lightning bolt. Seems really tough to fit into Kamala, but ultimately it's not a very important part of her backstory either that I recall.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which X-Men owned lime green thigh boots and a cow patterned vest?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh is that just supposed to be Jim Lee's dumb shading on the vest? That makes more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rumor is Maguire is blacklisted by a lot of big name people over that Molly Bloom/poker stuff on top of already being a generally disliked dick from his "Pussy Posse" and Spider-Man days. He's done like 5 movies in 10 years and the only one you heard of was with his best friend Leo DiCaprio in Great Gatsby, and he had to produce a couple of the others.