Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lots of people itt giving the Dutch a pass that they don't deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lawman 0 posted:

Hellenistic thunderdome, Timur's empire, immediate post-reconquestia spain, all crusader states.

Timur set the world record for largest pile of skulls at something like 30,000

then he broke his own world record

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Malkina_ posted:

Japan’s actions in China during WWII were pretty loving bad, too.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

fabergay egg posted:

the anglo is a debased creature whose primitive minds have little room for thought or feeling but a boundless appetite for cruelty. no one could hope to surpass them.

anglos are the worst phenotype of that most execrable species, the homo sapiens

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

Let's flip it, has any society ever not been evil

the Minoan civilization

the only western classical civilization that didn't honor military might above other virtues

they really liked to party and most of their art reflected that, as opposed to the battle commemorations, statues of generals, and general bloodthirsty arts of their neighbors

they weren't militant and were big on forging relations through trade

I don't remember how the civilization declined, maybe they turned as lovely as everyone else

quick edit: I don't know what slavery was present there, but I assume there was some and that's evil, I just think the Minoans were the least lovely of the available options

Filthy Hans has issued a correction as of 16:39 on Aug 30, 2020

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

PawParole posted:

more people died in the Tokyo firebombings then Hiroshima and Nagasaki combined.

again, you’re using American propaganda but flipping it on its head, nuclear weapons are not worse than conventional weapons, except that Americans fetishize one because they think it makes them special.

sure, because you can fit enough conventional weapons in an ICBM warhead to annihilate a city and render it uninhabitable for generations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

Idk if getting instantly evaporated is really the worst death imaginable, especially compared to fire bombing

I think Chillgamesh is talking about death by radiation exposure, not getting instantly microwaved