Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I think very few societies can hope to match Spain when it comes to evil. They bear the most of the responsibility of the genocide of the native americans. The ones they didn't kill they enslaved in order to mine silver and make sugar. When those slaves started to die off they then had the brilliant idea of importing slaves from African and thereby kicking off the trans-atlantic slave trade. They also came very close to wiping out every jew on the Iberian Peninsula and it took them 500 years to start a process to re assimilate the jews that had to flee. Then you have the spanish inquisition and Torquemada. I also hear bad things about Franco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malkina_ posted:

The only reason why Francisco Franco, a self-admitted fascist, did not join the Axis in WWII is because their country was just destroyed by a civil war with the communists (funded by Stalin) —

If anything, Spain funded Stalin considering they gave him all their gold for some lovely guns.

Stringent posted:

well, they did basically destroy persia and the islamic civilization at the time, which perhaps could have prevented or at least counterbalanced the eventual european imperialist control of the world. so it's really too soon to tell.

Not to mention the black death, which means that the mongols are responsible for up to 200 million deaths. Which is fairly impressive.

Alhazred has issued a correction as of 20:40 on Aug 29, 2020