Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

This is a time of healing for the forums. I have confidence that C-SPAM will be able to reconcile with FYAD. And maybe, just maybe, we'll all learn a thing or two along the way. So come, join us, and begin the journey... of peace. lilting flute melody

Thread in QCS explaining the situation, for those of you just joining us: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937061

e-dt has issued a correction as of 15:52 on Aug 29, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

e-dt posted:

This is a time of healing for the forums. I have confidence that C-SPAM will be able to reconcile with FYAD. And maybe, just maybe, we'll all learn a thing or two along the way. So come, join us, and begin the journey... of peace. lilting flute melody

"Peace sells... but who's buying?" - Sir David Mustaine

Maria Juana
May 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Nazi punks gently caress off

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hugs and kisses on sight

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Maria Juana posted:

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Maria Juana posted:

I'm sure that all of FYAD would agree with you there.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

who?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
everything is so stupid

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

baw posted:

everything is so stupid

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

baw posted:

everything is so stupid

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

i like to read funy ppost

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

You're not nazis, but you're incredibly annoying.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

im not a fyad poster by the way, dont let its good name be sullied by my posts

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Started read Cspam like haha this poo poo is so bad. Like bad daily show jokes.

Reading the democrat thread and thinking, drat. They really just perpetuate the system huh...

Laughing about mispelling trump and thinking how wrong "trickle down theory" is..

Created my own thread joking about Modern poo poo that would be in the communist manifesto. Got goldmine'd

Now I have4 gang tags (queer illuminati, several ironic republican ones[JEB! haha]) and laugh it up with my homies on the 'cord

I love Cspam now

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Just lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what i admire about the current president is that he doesn't talk about my rear end but yours

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://i.imgur.com/pFoxrOm.mp4

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

what i like about fyads is that whenever one of them gets their balls retorsioned by dr. nick they come in here all hopped up on the painkillers and offer to make peace, it's touching

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Gas

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

baw posted:

everything is so stupid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FYAD isn't sending their best!!!

That's why we need a "extreme vetting" progam

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
cspam demands unconditional surrender as a precondition for any peace treaty

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

e-dt posted:

im not a fyad poster by the way, dont let its good name be sullied by my posts

ah, the jared kushner approach to diplomacy, where peace is brokered by a third party who only talks to one side of the conflict

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

i'm getting owned, in this thread

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

good lord what is happening in there

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dustcat posted:

what i like about fyads is that whenever one of them gets their balls retorsioned by dr. nick they come in here all hopped up on the painkillers and offer to make peace, it's touching

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
That thread makes me question why I involve myself with this site

e: i have such minimal interactions too

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
deeply envious of op and anyone who can give a poo poo about internet drama

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I feel like I'm turning into Molotov in Death of Stalin

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

FYAD's thread about the strike is actually pretty funny and i loled at it irl

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dustcat posted:

everyone in fyad has perfect balls

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

everyone in fyad has perfect balls

hair or no hair

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Chillgamesh posted:

i like to read funy ppost

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

hair or no hair

they're perfect

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

spb posted:

Reading the democrat thread and thinking, drat. They really just perpetuate the system huh...

Laughing about mispelling trump and thinking how wrong "trickle down theory" is..

Created my own thread joking about Modern poo poo that would be in the communist manifesto. Got goldmine'd

Now I have4 gang tags (queer illuminati, several ironic republican ones[JEB! haha]) and laugh it up with my homies on the 'cord

I love Cspam now

cspam is one of the most effective means of giving yourself brain damage available.

a+, five stars, would absolutely recommend

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

gently caress you

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

spb posted:

I love Cspam now

In the marxist tradition, the Red Shitposter Army™️ is living rent-free in this guy’s head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol that QCS thread doesn’t settle anything. it’s basically Jeffrey & Bird saying how it was all the fault of some nebulous power-hungry cabal, without providing any screenshots or proof of their side of events.

quote:

I was present for the moderator discussion of these issues, as the presiding admin. Most of the mods who believed these things were acting in good faith, but I feel obligated to state plainly that not all of them were. Some members of the team and some regular users had their own agenda here, and sought to use this crisis as a mean to gain website power for themselves and their friends.

I don’t really know Bird, but Jeffrey hasn’t been 100% truthful about the events of that time (ie. the attempted PPJ cover-up). so I don’t trust any of the mods or admins involved if they just ask us to take them at their word, and provide no corroborating evidence.

from the outside, this looks like some unknown mix of bad actors and genuine concerns. poo poo happened, then a bunch of bans got handed out, then TGRS got collectively punished (and told to shut the gently caress up about any future concerns and stop ‘causing drama’). in other words, two forums got punished. then Jeffrey did a big post about how his buddies in one forum were blameless, and everything that happened was the fault of posters and a mod in the 2nd forum.

it also looks like Jeffrey blaming CSPAM (without naming any names) for the power-hungry crime of wanting to choose a few of our own mods instead of being ruled over by PPJ and his lackey. he’s clearly conflating the events that led to FYAD being closed and when he accused Wampalord and Nichael of homophobia (??) as a reason why they could never, ever be mods. his paranoid interpretation is that CSPAM users had no genuine concerns behind putting forward a few of our own to be mods, but instead it was just another part of some grand coup conspiracy.

tl;dr: that QCS thread doesn’t settle the matter, it just looks like Jeff picking one side and throwing the other under the bus. I don’t trust a word of it without proof. :shrug: