Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Crazypoops posted:

gently caress you

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

tl;dr: there were no nazis in fyad. also the nazis were posting there were secret kiwifarms infiltrators no I do not have proof, now listen to me rant about cspam trying to overthrow the site (again no proof)

also if you ask about ppj I'll probate you

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Crazypoops posted:

gently caress you

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bro Dad posted:

tl;dr: there were no nazis in fyad. also the nazis were posting there were secret kiwifarms infiltrators no I do not have proof, now listen to me rant about cspam trying to overthrow the site (again no proof)

also if you ask about ppj I'll probate you

lol yep pretty much. it seems like some serious memoryholing of any real problems as “INFILTRATORS!!!

a much simpler answer would be “FYAD with no moderation went in some dark places, it should be heavily moderated moving forward, just like CSPAM is.”

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

spb posted:

Started read Cspam like haha this poo poo is so bad. Like bad daily show jokes.

Reading the democrat thread and thinking, drat. They really just perpetuate the system huh...

Laughing about mispelling trump and thinking how wrong "trickle down theory" is..

Created my own thread joking about Modern poo poo that would be in the communist manifesto. Got goldmine'd

Now I have4 gang tags (queer illuminati, several ironic republican ones[JEB! haha]) and laugh it up with my homies on the 'cord

I love Cspam now

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ingwit's tale of the ultimate hustler of troy is one of the funniest things i have ever read in my idiotic life and i believe that peace with the origin of such art is not only possible but desirable. namaste

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the admin who was in on a secret plan to have a mod "pretend" to be a discord nazi wants to tell you about the dangers of communist active measures

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fly Molo posted:

lol that QCS thread doesn’t settle anything. it’s basically Jeffrey & Bird saying how it was all the fault of some nebulous power-hungry cabal, without providing any screenshots or proof of their side of events.

I don’t really know Bird, but Jeffrey hasn’t been 100% truthful about the events of that time (ie. the attempted PPJ cover-up). so I don’t trust any of the mods or admins involved if they just ask us to take them at their word, and provide no corroborating evidence.

from the outside, this looks like some unknown mix of bad actors and genuine concerns. poo poo happened, then a bunch of bans got handed out, then TGRS got collectively punished (and told to shut the gently caress up about any future concerns and stop ‘causing drama’). in other words, two forums got punished. then Jeffrey did a big post about how his buddies in one forum were blameless, and everything that happened was the fault of posters and a mod in the 2nd forum.

it also looks like Jeffrey blaming CSPAM (without naming any names) for the power-hungry crime of wanting to choose a few of our own mods instead of being ruled over by PPJ and his lackey. he’s clearly conflating the events that led to FYAD being closed and when he accused Wampalord and Nichael of homophobia (??) as a reason why they could never, ever be mods. his paranoid interpretation is that CSPAM users had no genuine concerns behind putting forward a few of our own to be mods, but instead it was just another part of some grand coup conspiracy.

tl;dr: that QCS thread doesn’t settle the matter, it just looks like Jeff picking one side and throwing the other under the bus. I don’t trust a word of it without proof. :shrug:

ur really confused about a lot of things in this post

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Fly Molo posted:

lol that QCS thread doesn’t settle anything. it’s basically Jeffrey & Bird saying how it was all the fault of some nebulous power-hungry cabal, without providing any screenshots or proof of their side of events.

I don’t really know Bird, but Jeffrey hasn’t been 100% truthful about the events of that time (ie. the attempted PPJ cover-up). so I don’t trust any of the mods or admins involved if they just ask us to take them at their word, and provide no corroborating evidence.

from the outside, this looks like some unknown mix of bad actors and genuine concerns. poo poo happened, then a bunch of bans got handed out, then TGRS got collectively punished (and told to shut the gently caress up about any future concerns and stop ‘causing drama’). in other words, two forums got punished. then Jeffrey did a big post about how his buddies in one forum were blameless, and everything that happened was the fault of posters and a mod in the 2nd forum.

it also looks like Jeffrey blaming CSPAM (without naming any names) for the power-hungry crime of wanting to choose a few of our own mods instead of being ruled over by PPJ and his lackey. he’s clearly conflating the events that led to FYAD being closed and when he accused Wampalord and Nichael of homophobia (??) as a reason why they could never, ever be mods. his paranoid interpretation is that CSPAM users had no genuine concerns behind putting forward a few of our own to be mods, but instead it was just another part of some grand coup conspiracy.

tl;dr: that QCS thread doesn’t settle the matter, it just looks like Jeff picking one side and throwing the other under the bus. I don’t trust a word of it without proof. :shrug:

buddy

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!
i was going to fire up my time machine and figure out what happened but I'm prettymuch cool if they're not being transphobic nazis or whatever now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

can't we all just laugh at honey trap queen together in peace and harmony?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fly Molo posted:

this, pretty mich. cant find any flaws with this post at all. its completely correct, 100%

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Koala mod turned out to be the forums Shaun King

https://twitter.com/mannydinis/status/1279498455140818945?s=21

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I would like Wampalaord and Nichael to be my mommy and daddy

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

Imagining Hitler shouting this in his bunker and lolling quietly to myself

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

yeah really lmfao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

World War Mammories posted:

ingwit's tale of the ultimate hustler of troy is one of the funniest things i have ever read in my idiotic life and i believe that peace with the origin of such art is not only possible but desirable. namaste

let us not forget graey alien's posts, from the classic chronicles of riddick VHS open palm slam, to grinding down the side of the Eiffel tower

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol I'm only ever vaguely aware of the weird drama on here

:justpost:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

I would like Wampalaord and Nichael to be my mommy and daddy

for real

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"hey so it turns out FYAD was always good and all the people saying otherwise were a bunch of lying grifters and sex pests"
Fly Molo, putting on his confederate uniform: finally, a chance to retake gettysburg

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Yeah, FYAD was always pretty poo poo, a relic of the late 90s. I was never a fan of PPJ, and everyone seems to have been in denial that he was a right-wing control freak.

Btw, 99% of this is just political backstabbing working its way out through forum drama.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Crane Fist posted:

"hey so it turns out FYAD was always good and all the people saying otherwise were a bunch of lying grifters and sex pests"
Fly Molo, putting on his confederate uniform: finally, a chance to retake gettysburg

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Super Soaker Party! posted:

Well I had a crazy idea a few nights ago, and finally found some time to bring it to life. And none too soon it appears as we're at the end of this thread. So, here's a tribute from (a surprisingly male-sounding but don't misgender her that's rude) Honey Trap Queen to a very dear friend of hers.

https://voca.ro/qhtJqLLavPa

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ardennes posted:

Yeah, FYAD was always pretty poo poo, a relic of the late 90s. I was never a fan of PPJ, and everyone seems to have been in denial that he was a right-wing control freak.

Btw, 99% of this is just political backstabbing working its way out through forum drama.

most everyone who posts in fyad was born after the late 90s

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

well there's your problem lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

you're tellin me millennials killed fyad?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Smythe posted:

ur really confused about a lot of things in this post

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

PPJ is gone. Kaput. Finito

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

ppj is sharing racist memes with nazis in heaven now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just wanna post wishing more people good mornings. idk if that's going to make the world a better place, but h*ck it's the only thing we Haven't tried yet, so i will

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Dreylad posted:

let us not forget graey alien's posts, from the classic chronicles of riddick VHS open palm slam, to grinding down the side of the Eiffel tower

pushing fresh goose meat out of my pussy

scary ghost dog posted:

most posters in fyad are 20 or younger?

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

spb posted:

Started read Cspam like haha this poo poo is so bad. Like bad daily show jokes.

Reading the democrat thread and thinking, drat. They really just perpetuate the system huh...

Laughing about mispelling trump and thinking how wrong "trickle down theory" is..

Created my own thread joking about Modern poo poo that would be in the communist manifesto. Got goldmine'd

Now I have4 gang tags (queer illuminati, several ironic republican ones[JEB! haha]) and laugh it up with my homies on the 'cord

I love Cspam now
the classic fyad humor we all love right here. dang, i'm crackin up

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dustcat posted:

ppj is sharing Schnorkles' ex, Valerie Plane, with nazis in heaven now

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
The problem with fyad is that it seems to be full of liberal psychopaths who think it's okay to vote for a rapist as long as he has a (d) next to his name, that's why it's fun to call them nazis even if you don't actually think they are.

If fyad isn't actually full of liberals then they clearly aren't sending their best people to represent them lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

The problem with fyad is that it seems to be full of liberal psychopaths who think it's okay to vote for a rapist as long as he has a (d) next to his name, that's why it's fun to call them nazis even if you don't actually think they are.

If fyad isn't actually full of liberals then they clearly aren't sending their best people to represent them lol

We're all voting for Joe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we need to stop fyad. before they got on a voting spree.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

fyads get real mad when someone calls them nazis and start explaining at length how in fact they are not nazis at all

i don't know why they don't just put up a stickied thread with the title fyads = not nazis and post a list of proofs there that they can refer to by number

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

we need to stop fyad. before they got on a voting spree.

Stop FYAD Imperialism™️ on the grey forums, comrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Classon Ave. Robot posted:

p sure that's d&d