Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

its hard to make an impact on a forum thats already about getting mad at tweets

Well, yeah, when fascists in power are tweeting about killing poor people and minorities (LAW & ORDER!), or starting cold wars with Russia and China (as an excuse to destroy your liberties and take your wealth) — it is kind of a problem!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

hey man are you aware thatt i was an administrator of this website during the time period in which these events transpired?

and how'd that work out for us

im sorry smythe i can't be mean to you

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

World War Mammories posted:

however, death to anime

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Malkina_ posted:

Well, yeah, when fascists in power are tweeting about killing poor people and minorities (LAW & ORDER!), or starting cold wars with Russia and China (as an excuse to destroy your liberties and take your wealth) — it is kind of a problem!

i mean when anyones actually in pain irl it is really hard to care about forums lol.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dustcat posted:

dude you were posting in QCS like twenty minutes before this post arguing that the guy who was permabanned for supporting the kenosha murderer shouldn't have been permabanned

He's free to be permad, I just was the full reasoning and justification to stay on these forums. Do you really want there to be little exceptions for out of forums poo poo coming here? How many people in cspam post their own twitters or whatever that could conceivably get the same treatment?

The Crux of my argument is more about how proof was being pulled from his insta or reddit rather than 100% forum posts only and how that was Bad

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Malkina_ posted:

gently caress that was easy

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Grapplejack posted:

He's free to be permad, I just was the full reasoning and justification to stay on these forums. Do you really want there to be little exceptions for out of forums poo poo coming here? How many people in cspam post their own twitters or whatever that could conceivably get the same treatment?

The Crux of my argument is more about how proof was being pulled from his insta or reddit rather than 100% forum posts only and how that was Bad

i think he was mostly permabanned because he was loving defending the kenosha murderer's right to murder black lives matter protesters by way of insane self defense laws lol

also if any poster is found to have an offsite account where they're massive nazis then obviously permaban them, who in the gently caress wants them on somethingawful other than you (and maybe other Real Fyads?)

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

sure loving wonder sometimes why so many fyads are extremely against offsite behavior being allowed as evidence lol

Foxrunsecurity
Aug 10, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

An instagram account he frequently posted to the forums because he used it as part of his job advertising firearm parts, including to the forums. This was not some deep dive into someone's personal life, it was glancing at a firearm company spokesman's public facing account.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

also anybody posting nazi poo poo or sharing racist memes on their twitter or instagram or whatever account should obviously be permabanned from somethingawful, can you guess why lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

so yeah i dunno good job on the peace thread i guess let's try this again when more balls have been snipped off their corresponding sperm conduits and the painkillers have the nazis in a mellower mood

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Lol

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

hey man are you aware thatt i was an administrator of this website during the time period in which these events transpired?

yeah, but I wasn't gonna assume you've been reading or involved with all this crap. Nyc_Tattoo is a admin, and (PPJ thread massacre aside) I'm not entirely convinced he regularly reads SA.

I'm just saying: that QCS thread reignited the forums drama, without any proof of anything. it's dumb and bad.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Dustcat posted:

so yeah i dunno good job on the peace thread i guess let's try this again when more balls have been snipped off their corresponding sperm conduits and the painkillers have the nazis in a mellower mood

What the gently caress are you on about

Here's some actual reality because you're all so hoped up on misery you're all crazy 24/7:

Fyad are not nazis you stupid dumb idiots

QCS is a forum for starting drama not for fixing anything. Everyone knows everything posted their is done in bad faith yet there's some weird kayfabe going on where the mods and admins pretend it's real. Just get rid of it.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Aug 30, 2020

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dustcat posted:

that's a mean thing to say about kolby.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

T-man posted:

I *will* say that all those posts about how c-spam is full of spree killers over the infamous cow explosion post suck rear end and are about as well based as the "fyad is full of nazis" was before all of this, and seems to have been picked up the same way. But (parts of) adtrw seems convinced c-spam is full of anime hating brownshirts based off of a bad post in our anime thread so maybe this is just goon psychology at play.

they are delicate souls

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Dreylad posted:

the venezuela thread owned. love that guy who said that afro-venezuelans wasn't a thing or they didn't see race or some poo poo

I liked the poster who had immediately registered for the forums, made three posts after evo's coup about how they were a bolivian who hated evo and welcomed the coup government, and then never posted again

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Regarde Aduck posted:

What the gently caress are you on about

Here's some actual reality because you're all so hoped up on misery you're all crazy 24/7:

Fyad are not nazis you stupid dumb idiots

QCS is a forum for starting drama not for fixing anything. Everyone knows everything posted their is done in bad faith yet there's some weird kayfabe going on where the mods and admins pretend it's real. Just get rid of it.

okay, so i know one of the fyad regulars who was somehow involved in all this because he's a local goon, and I'm pretty sure he isn't a nazi and has like, really nice hair. but if it were obvious that a statement about cspam or fyad was true or not to anyone, we wouldn't have all this bs. i mean you've seen this place, and fyad makes up for being less busy by being even less legible somehow

agreed on qcs though, like just maybe realize that lots of nazi morons come to sa to stir up poo poo and would especially like to maybe turn the sub that still likes to troll on the left wing sub. like it took two checks on one guys rap sheet in the past cspam thread there to find a ban for posting an og nazi slogan in an inspirational quotes thread. i mean c'mon half the intelligence community is probably goonfleet alumni now, youd think we'd make them try a little

Hodgepodge has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Aug 30, 2020

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

someone tell fyad imcool plz

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

bring back LF too.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Smythe posted:

Well that was a dumb idea lmao

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

how do i get paid by gov spooks to post poorly

will sell posts for 0.99c/ea

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Flunky posted:

how do i get paid by gov spooks to post poorly

will sell posts for 0.99c/ea

sorry to say but they automated that poo poo back in 2010, it's all bots now

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
imagine being like 35 years old and still posting about poo poo like this especially now

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Algund Eenboom posted:

I liked the poster who had immediately registered for the forums, made three posts after evo's coup about how they were a bolivian who hated evo and welcomed the coup government, and then never posted again

I hope it’s in the goldmine

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Fly Molo posted:

here's what LK said earlier this year: that the admins suspected Wampa & Nichael being suggested for mods (in the wake of PPJ being outed) was all a conspiracy to gain CSPAM access to the mod forum:

that was followed by Jeffrey accusing them of "casual homophobia", then backtracking and saying the real reason was that they couldn't be trusted to keep mod forum secrets.

...all because Nichael & Wampa said that if they read about another PPJ (aka a mod infiltrating nazis to 'observe'), they'd leak it. which seems fine and reasonable to me?

anyway, a few months go by, then that QCS thread kicks off with vague accusations of a power grab conspiracy by Jeffrey.

maybe he was only talking about KM... but he also says regular users were involved, and one person isn't much of a conspiracy. now people are throwing around tons of accusations, such as saying

maybe KM was angling to become an admin (because there's some posts to back that up), but it sure sounds like Jeff is lumping KM, Wampa, Nichael (and and possibly more CSPAM posters?) all together in some grand conspiracy, and that's certainly how some posters are interpreting this vague explanation. maybe that misinformation that should be corrected? so that we can all move on and heal?

tl;dr: that QCS thread is 20+ pages of garbage, it doesn't prove or settle anything.

oh for sure dude

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Dustcat posted:

sure loving wonder sometimes why so many fyads are extremely against offsite behavior being allowed as evidence lol

hmm this person seems to be melting down over fyad which is lol but also wtf is wrong with you that you want people on the website to go trawling around for users social media or other personal accounts? that poo poo is sick and if someone on the dead $10 paywall comedy site run by a domestic abuser pisses you off so bad with their post that you feel the need to do that then you should really log off the computer and get some help

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dustcat posted:

Afaik no FYAD regs have any embarrassing offsite stuff and that's just part of their general anti-doxxing stance

animist
Aug 28, 2018
FYAD users post like THIS

apropos to nothing posted:

*watching the guy try to thrust his dick into the womans rear end in a top hat* come on, get in there! *misses again* COME ON *actors start to change position* what do they expect you to cum from this dogshit?! *finally goes in* jesus christ, loving finally!

but CSPAM users post like THAT

mormonpartyboat posted:

the only thing we deserve is to have our shadows painted on walls by radiation, as a warning for the inheritor species

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

so how would that work, all fyad goons submit their social media passwords to Judge Dredd (forums edition) or what

c-spam goons are anti-cop but pro-mod, curious :thunk:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
This thread has made me feel extremely pro-peace ant that reopening fyad is a good idea!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Grapplejack posted:

cspam will react extremely well to the argument that murdering leftwing activists at an offsite is nbd this shows that you are a reasonable human who understands where there posting

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I’m truly sorry the Koala mod who was scamming goons for money Shaun King style managed to convince a wifebeating pill-head to tell a neoliberal shitrag like VICE (which was co-founded by a white nationalist) to publish clickbait calling FYAD nazis after he deleted the forum. I wish it didn’t happen. That CascadeBeta psycho was friends with KM iirc, go figure. Those cunts did not reflect c-spam at all, and I fully agree with probing/banning people calling for explicit violence on public figures or people in general. I don’t want FYAD deleted and I don’t think they’re nazis. With the world literally falling apart from late capitalism right before our eyes right now, lets not tear these forums apart with it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Zeroisanumber posted:

cspam will react extremely well to the argument that murdering leftwing activists at an offsite is nbd this shows that you are a reasonable human who understands where there posting

i have set up a war thread, whichever thread gets more posts in the next 24 hours will be offical c-spam policy. please direct your posting there

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Malkina_ posted:

I’m truly sorry the Koala mod who was scamming goons for money Shaun King style managed to convince a wifebeating pill-head to tell a neoliberal shitrag like VICE (which was co-founded by a white nationalist) to publish clickbait calling FYAD nazis after he deleted the forum. I wish it didn’t happen. That CascadeBeta psycho was friends with KM iirc, go figure. Those cunts did not reflect c-spam at all, and I fully agree with probing/banning people calling for explicit violence on public figures or people in general. I don’t want FYAD deleted and I don’t think they’re nazis. With the world literally falling apart from late capitalism right before our eyes right now, lets not tear these forums apart with it.

Same and I like the post where its like "professional wrestlers have been given permission to use moves on kids at the end of the zipline" except the phrasing was better

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

T-man posted:

i have set up a war thread, whichever thread gets more posts in the next 24 hours will be offical c-spam policy. please direct your posting there

only if i gewt sex out of it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fly Molo posted:

yeah, but I wasn't gonna assume you've been reading or involved with all this crap. Nyc_Tattoo is a admin, and (PPJ thread massacre aside) I'm not entirely convinced he regularly reads SA.

I'm just saying: that QCS thread reignited the forums drama, without any proof of anything. it's dumb and bad.

i was deeply embedded in these events, it was a pivotal moment in my "posting career" and i can tell you that none of the c-spam related conspiracy theories you're crafting out of red yarn have any basis in reality. i hope you are well my friend. stay curious.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
And QCS is garbage and has been for years

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Malkina_ posted:

And QCS is garbage and has been for years

QCS is an important part of the forums. User feedback and open dialogue with the mods and admins are cornerstones of functional and prosperous digital communities. Ticket closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Arfjasom is my friend