Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I just bought what seems like almost an entire dark room off Craigslist for $50. The only thing I'm missing is chemicals. It's been almost 20 years since I've used an enlarger or made prints.

Do I have the room for any of this? No
Do I have a million other projects I need to finish first? Yes
Did I just get into woodworking? Yes
Do I have tons of other hobbies already, like motorcycles, banjos, computers and weight lifting? Yes
Do I have a newborn who I give all of my attention to? Yes
Do I know why I did this? Not really.

So as far as lenses go for this thing. I have a 50mm so I can make 35mm prints. Is there anything I should watch out for as far as crappy brands, fungus growth etc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Thank you! I was pleasantly surprised when the guy opened the trunk of his car. The ad had to picture and was just a sentence or two long. I don't think I'll be doing anything more than 8x10 so I'm set.

Has anyone used hue bulbs as safe lights? My whole potential darkroom is lit with them and I'm wondering if I can just turn them full red. It looks like there are mixed opinions about it online.