Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

crotchgobbler posted:

My dad was a cop (now retired) and I've grown up around cops my entire life. And, incidentally, I have a cop neighbor who I regularly speak with. It is always interesting to me to hear how people "tense up" whenever the police are around regardless of the situation. They are just like regular people doing any other job. Some are good, some are bad. But, there isn't like, this overarching cop network that is focused on screwing over everyone. I agree that there needs to be systemic reform and accountability, but this blanket hatred for cops is ridiculous.

shut up bitch, eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Secret network of cop, Copumaniti, global(USA) wide operation to secure a monopoly on the supply of poo poo. Cops can only live up to 2 and a half day without consuming a stinky one. Nicknamed pigs cause they love poop so much. Copumaniti.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

crotchgobbler posted:

My dad was a cop (now retired) and I've grown up around cops my entire life. And, incidentally, I have a cop neighbor who I regularly speak with. It is always interesting to me to hear how people "tense up" whenever the police are around regardless of the situation. They are just like regular people doing any other job. Some are good, some are bad. But, there isn't like, this overarching cop network that is focused on screwing over everyone. I agree that there needs to be systemic reform and accountability, but this blanket hatred for cops is ridiculous.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Cops are cool, you guys drool :colbert:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I bet if you had a cold beer with a cop, youd find you have a lot in common :)

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Being a cop effectively grants you immunity from prosecution so even if you're a good person, you are on the wrong side of a corrupt institution and are equally liable. It's like all of those Nazis who claimed they were only following orders.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Grem posted:

Do not 1 v 1 cops. You really need a group effort or you're just going to get arrested and maybe killed.

Also I used to be a cop so hearty lol to the fucker in this thread that said not all cops. No, bitch, it is all cops.

lol now you're indelibly stained by the guilt of association

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Here, I found a format most goons will understand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3rnR8FxrDM

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I’m friends with a cop and he’s actually a good dude

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Chrs posted:

Turns out he's not.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

lite_sleepr posted:

lol now you're indelibly stained by the guilt of association

Trust me dude, I'm well aware, it loving sucks.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

crotchgobbler posted:

I love these comments that just casually glide over the issue. "Welp I'm a white dude who's dad is a cop and I've never had a problem with a cop. It's obviously universal for everyone!"

One time a cop was having a bad day and gave me a ticket for driving while uninsured. I was very puzzled because I was insured and showing him the slip. He told me I'd have to take the court date if I wanted the 2400$ ticket cancelled.

You're curious why people tense up when they see cops? If they're having an off day, or in a bad mood, or just plain sadistic (there's lots of those too), they can ruin your day if your lucky, your week, or your entire life.
Sometimes they'll arrest people for resisting arrest. What actually happens is they see someone they don't like, and they hassle them for no reason until they declare they're under arrest. Then they grab you and slam you and cuff you and charge you with resisting and assault on a police officer. Now you're facing felony charges and jailtime, when a minute ago you were just hanging with your friends and looked at him the wrong way.
Now the fun part about this is "the people they don't like" tend to look a certain way, and tend not to have money. So a lot of these people who did literally nothing take a plea deal because a year probation is better than 5 years of jail.
So now they got a record which affects all future employment. Thanks cops!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cops suck and the entire US law enforcement and criminal justice system is rotten and corrupt. Every institution from the Cops and Sheriffs to the District Attorney to the Courts, the Prisons, Probation and Parole are all rotten and evil to the core. Anyone who works for them or supports them is a shithead.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
You should go bowling with a cop... or heck, just hang out and have fun

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

lol

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Hammerite posted:

You should go bowling with a cop... or heck, just hang out and have fun

I did but all the N-bombs got a little uncomfortable.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what about the shirtless cops in tight cop shorts who dance at the club?

they seem pretty cool

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
All cops can suck the poo poo from my hairy rear end in a top hat, cops have never improved 99% of people’s live ever, they’re the biggest criminals there are

Get hosed

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There was a pig in my poo poo town who was going around pulling over women, getting their information then stalking them and assaulting them

There was another piece of poo poo who raped some women

Another one went out for welfare check then got caught on camera dragging a handcuffed girl by her arms through the building then out, this person now has multiple cases against them

Another ran up and clocked a handcuffed guy in the face in broad daylight in front of a bunch of people

My town has 125,000 people, I can’t imagine the poo poo that goes on in NYC or LA

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
This cop around me keeps getting in high speed chases. She’s killed two bystanders.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
They suck your rear end? Sounds good to me, OP.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Chrs posted:

lol no he isn't

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
a highschool friend of mine became a cop because he quote wanted to bust open a perp's head with his baton, told me he could not wait to crack skulls

family friend who is a retired cop never tips because he thinks they shouldn't be paid extra for doing their job

these are my cop experiences thank you

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
cops get paid 6 figure salaries to steal from their fellow citizens. END SPEEDING TICKETS NOW!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

that cop in sense8 seemed pretty cool, but i guess if you do that much heroin you're going to be cool no matter what u do for a living

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

that cop in sense8 seemed pretty cool, but i guess if you do that much heroin you're going to be cool no matter what u do for a living

Finally figured out what is holding me back from my true potential

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

christopher dorner was the only good cop

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

christopher dorner was the only good cop

Stallone in demolition man was a good cop, no?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are lots of fictional good cops just like there are lots of fictional wizards. neither is actually real.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
they wear these shirts

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
they don't like soup and/or garbanzo beans

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

crotchgobbler posted:

But, there isn't like, this overarching cop network that is focused on screwing over everyone.

This is called the police union you gently caress

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

It’s good that there are police to stop and punish crime, IMO.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

hakimashou posted:

they wear these shirts

Anyone who owns these and shoots someone should be charged with pre meditated murder.

Also cops can get obviously Nazi tattoos and will be defender as celebrating their Germany heritage.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Cops suck because they make unions look bad

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, their budgets are incredibly bloated

Nation of Thizzlam
Sep 9, 2010

Tear off the chains and the entire world will be free

All cops are bastards and even in extremely liberal enclaves like where I live they still have a bad habit of abusing minorities. There are no good cops, abolish the police

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

hakimashou posted:

they wear these shirts

the whole warrior cop thing is so loving stupid. I'm pretty sure the first option is supposed to be to de-escalate tense situations, not immediately fill everyone with bullets

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kecske posted:

the whole warrior cop thing is so loving stupid. I'm pretty sure the first option is supposed to be to de-escalate tense situations, not immediately fill everyone with bullets

Lol, no they go in with training that tells them that every single call they get may be their last, so always assume you're going to into a Heat style shootout situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kecske posted:

there's a dude Dave Grossman who has made an extremely successful career out of teaching cops across the country to do exactly this lol

check this poo poo out

an extremely normal dude posted:

In the class recorded for “Do Not Resist,” Grossman at one point tells his students that the sex they have after they kill another human being will be the best sex of their lives. The room chuckles. But he’s clearly serious. “Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex,” he says. “There’s not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it.”
[...]
Marching around the stage in a theater in Lakeport, California, Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman tells his audience that they shouldn’t go out looking for people to kill, because those who need killing—the “gangbangers,” terrorists, and mass murderers—will come to them. All they need to do is be ready. “Are you prepared to kill somebody?” he asks me and the small group of “armed citizens” who’ve paid $90 or more to see him. “If you cannot answer that question, you should not be carrying a gun.”
[...]
[Grossman] views the world as almost unrecognizably dangerous: a place where gang members seek to set records for killing cops, where a kid “in every school” is thinking about racking up “a body count.” His latest book, Assassination Generation, insists that violent video games are turning the nation’s youth into mass murderers. The recent wave of “massacres” is just the beginning. (“Please stop calling them mass shootings!”) He smacks the easels: “These [thump] crimes [thump] are [thump] everywhere!” He foresees attacks on school buses and day care centers. “Kindergartners run about point-five miles an hour and get a burst of about 20 yards and then they’re done.” It won’t just happen with guns, but with hammers, axes, hatchets, knives, and swords. His voice jumps an octave: “Hacking and stabbing little kids! You don’t think they’ll attack day cares? It’s already happening in China. When you hear about a day care massacre,” he shouts, “tell them Grossman said it was coming!”
[...]
Before proceeding, Glennon [Grossman's colleague] points to a threat in the back of the room: me. “In 35 years, we have not allowed the press to come into a class,” he says. “The reason is because we don’t trust them.” He says he’s letting me observe because many police chiefs are frustrated no one is advocating for them. They’re tired of being portrayed in the media as racists and unaccountable killers and want a more sympathetic depiction. If my article screws them, he tells the class with a smile, “I’ll fly out to Seattle”—where I live—“and kill him.”