Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

sometimes I think about those cops who ordered milkshakes at work and got diarrhea and accused shake shack of poisoning them

lol remember that cop who freaked out because he thought a mcdonald's employee had bitten into his burger, but it turned out he had just forgotten that he had already taken that bite himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

crotchgobbler posted:

My dad was a cop (now retired) and I've grown up around cops my entire life. And, incidentally, I have a cop neighbor who I regularly speak with. It is always interesting to me to hear how people "tense up" whenever the police are around regardless of the situation. They are just like regular people doing any other job. Some are good, some are bad. But, there isn't like, this overarching cop network that is focused on screwing over everyone. I agree that there needs to be systemic reform and accountability, but this blanket hatred for cops is ridiculous.

the saying is “one bad apple spoils the bunch”

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

kecske posted:

the whole warrior cop thing is so loving stupid. I'm pretty sure the first option is supposed to be to de-escalate tense situations, not immediately fill everyone with bullets

there's a dude Dave Grossman who has made an extremely successful career out of teaching cops across the country to do exactly this lol

check this poo poo out

an extremely normal dude posted:

In the class recorded for “Do Not Resist,” Grossman at one point tells his students that the sex they have after they kill another human being will be the best sex of their lives. The room chuckles. But he’s clearly serious. “Both partners are very invested in some very intense sex,” he says. “There’s not a whole lot of perks that come with this job. You find one, relax and enjoy it.”
[...]
Marching around the stage in a theater in Lakeport, California, Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman tells his audience that they shouldn’t go out looking for people to kill, because those who need killing—the “gangbangers,” terrorists, and mass murderers—will come to them. All they need to do is be ready. “Are you prepared to kill somebody?” he asks me and the small group of “armed citizens” who’ve paid $90 or more to see him. “If you cannot answer that question, you should not be carrying a gun.”
[...]
[Grossman] views the world as almost unrecognizably dangerous: a place where gang members seek to set records for killing cops, where a kid “in every school” is thinking about racking up “a body count.” His latest book, Assassination Generation, insists that violent video games are turning the nation’s youth into mass murderers. The recent wave of “massacres” is just the beginning. (“Please stop calling them mass shootings!”) He smacks the easels: “These [thump] crimes [thump] are [thump] everywhere!” He foresees attacks on school buses and day care centers. “Kindergartners run about point-five miles an hour and get a burst of about 20 yards and then they’re done.” It won’t just happen with guns, but with hammers, axes, hatchets, knives, and swords. His voice jumps an octave: “Hacking and stabbing little kids! You don’t think they’ll attack day cares? It’s already happening in China. When you hear about a day care massacre,” he shouts, “tell them Grossman said it was coming!”
[...]
Before proceeding, Glennon [Grossman's colleague] points to a threat in the back of the room: me. “In 35 years, we have not allowed the press to come into a class,” he says. “The reason is because we don’t trust them.” He says he’s letting me observe because many police chiefs are frustrated no one is advocating for them. They’re tired of being portrayed in the media as racists and unaccountable killers and want a more sympathetic depiction. If my article screws them, he tells the class with a smile, “I’ll fly out to Seattle”—where I live—“and kill him.”