Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I randomly watched three episodes of early season SVU recently and there was one where the detective is telling the work psychiatrist that he sometimes tries to think of ways he could kill perps and get away with it. And so he gets in trouble along with another cop who became promiscuous after a close call (or something) but it's played like you should be sympathetic for him and his captain gets him out of trouble by showing pictures of victims to the police board but the woman I think is being replaced by Ice T.

Copaganda, I think it's called, but the only procedural I'd ever watched was the Wire which was more nuanced than SVU for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Are they bad or just misunderstood? It seems on the surface like they exist to protect property owners and the status quo (i.e. those with power) but that's really just because ostensibly they enforce laws, which primarily benefit those with power.

Like Anacharsis said in 600 BC, "Written laws are like spiders' webs; they will catch, it is true, the weak and poor, but would be torn in pieces by the rich and powerful."