Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Finally, after eons I have perfected the art of necromancy! Not your standard raising of bones, but to take a spirit and bare it against this mortal coil!

Live, liiiive!

(Druids also allowed.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ugh, how many times are you gonna do this to me?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
this u?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

don't scry me

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm behind 7 veils of misdirection, scry all you want!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Not true. Even a basic Lich like some of you assembled in this thread would easily disprove this statement.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Colonel Cancer posted:

Not true. Even a basic Lich like some of you assembled in this thread would easily disprove this statement.

What's that? Can't hear you over the rattling of your tired old bones :smug:

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I have had a turn of bad luck since the last thread. The layer of the abyss that I was ruling got destroyed. Luckily, I was away. I still am a Demigod by some technicality, but without my demon army I've been moonlighting across the planes as a Necromancer for hire. You may have heard of that undead army that sacked the Holy Cathedral of Saint Gunther; it was one I raised.

Anyway if any of y'all need an undead army fast, send me a pm. For legal purposes I have to say that I am not allowed to summon eldritch beings of horror alongside the undead and you SHOULDn't ask.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been trying to track down some mystic bones, and it has to be hardest thing for me to track down lately. Is it the economy? Anyone got any tips on snagging some of these bad boys?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jon Joe posted:

(Druids also allowed.)

WTF? Let the divine casters have their own thread. Next thing you know we'll be letting loving psionicists in here!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol this mf took eons to perfect necromancy

nice going dude. got there in the end

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Shinjobi posted:

I've been trying to track down some mystic bones, and it has to be hardest thing for me to track down lately. Is it the economy? Anyone got any tips on snagging some of these bad boys?

Just use your cursed dowsing rods.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, and waste a week getting those curses set properly? Cmon, give me the inside scoop. Where are yall finding yours?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I dunno is it a eldritch business card you found in the swamp of despair next to the flaming carriage tracks of a (16)'77 Transylvania AM that reads:

WIZARD FUCKIN MASTER

on the back because if not baby I got bad fuckin news

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, and waste a week getting those curses set properly? Cmon, give me the inside scoop. Where are yall finding yours?

Have you tried your local Magisterum Mysticum chapter?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Shinjobi posted:

The trick is to inscribe the Curse of D'Har (or your curse of choice of equal or greater power, I just find that the CoD'H is the most convenient) on a regenerating creature like a lesser troll. The curse will infuse the creature down to its soul, including it's bones which will be especially infused with dark energies. You merely need to remove the limbs and strip them of flesh to have enchanted bones. This does, or course, mean a lot of upfront costs, but you can sell excess bones to other sorcerer's.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Planting my hydras teeth in a raised bed w/stakes this year, last years skeleton crop was stunted and couldn't even carry their falchions without tipping over.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

I have had a turn of bad luck since the last thread. The layer of the abyss that I was ruling got destroyed. Luckily, I was away. I still am a Demigod by some technicality, but without my demon army I've been moonlighting across the planes as a Necromancer for hire. You may have heard of that undead army that sacked the Holy Cathedral of Saint Gunther; it was one I raised.

Anyway if any of y'all need an undead army fast, send me a pm. For legal purposes I have to say that I am not allowed to summon eldritch beings of horror alongside the undead and you SHOULDn't ask.

Just lol at trying to rule a layer of the Abyss, that's like being a slumlord. Get yourself your own bespoke demiplane in the Deep Astral where you define all laws of reality. Sure, mine's on the smaller side, but when you're an absolute god, you can tolerate ruling a universe the size of a New York apartment

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001

Who What Now posted:

WTF? Let the divine casters have their own thread. Next thing you know we'll be letting loving psionicists in here!

>:(

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

you psionicists are too out there, you need to be reigned in

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 31, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Go charge your psi-crytal, brain boy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

If you haven't seen a druid perform great feats of evil you haven't been hanging around the right druids.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I know the conversion ratio is a little steep but take one healthy soul, bind it to a crystal, crush that crystal, and snort 2 lines and its like a full nights sleep. A crystal can last about 4-5 days.

I havent slept in about 2 years now. Got a great exchange deal with the local lord trading his prisoners. He pays ME to take them off his hands, and no one asks questions. Win win.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone got any fun stories of mistaken summoning?

Tried my hand at bringing in an arch demon, see if I could learn a little bit more about soul binding techniques. Wouldn't you know it, flubbed one of the anchors on the summoning circle, snagged a lowly imp instead. The good news: I wasn't immediately maimed by my intended summon that emerged from a broken circle. The bad news: I was put to sleep for a week and I lost most of my most valuable enchantment ingredients.

Anytime you make a critical mistake like that in this job and live through it, that's a lucky win for you. But darn if it didn't suck to spend at least a decade restocking my pantry, so to speak.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jon Joe posted:

If you haven't seen a druid perform great feats of evil you haven't been hanging around the right druids.

It's not about evilness, I just think magicians and priests shouldn't mingle. Call me a traditionalist, but if it's good enough Kael'ronth, Master of the Hel-Cabals then it's good enough for me.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Asterite34 posted:

Just lol at trying to rule a layer of the Abyss, that's like being a slumlord. Get yourself your own bespoke demiplane in the Deep Astral where you define all laws of reality. Sure, mine's on the smaller side, but when you're an absolute god, you can tolerate ruling a universe the size of a New York apartment

Dude, I conquered my layer of the abyss the old-fashioned way, by forging an alliance with a demon, then betraying them and taking their stuff. I was mortal, (okay I was a lich, but I wasn't a god) and I walked away with divine power. I already had my own pocketplane, and it was a a lot bigger than a New York City apartment. I saw a road to godhood, I took it, and then that layer of the abyss became a liability. I have a cult of worshippers on the Prime, so I didn't need it.

I'm not gonna say I was happy when the demon princes told me they were destroying my layer to stop the constant invasions by pissed off angels, but ultimately it was a good move, because I'm no longer tied down. Oh speaking of pissed off angels, if your mission involves killing 10 or more paladins, I give a 5% discount!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone got any fun stories of mistaken summoning?

Tried my hand at bringing in an arch demon, see if I could learn a little bit more about soul binding techniques. Wouldn't you know it, flubbed one of the anchors on the summoning circle, snagged a lowly imp instead. The good news: I wasn't immediately maimed by my intended summon that emerged from a broken circle. The bad news: I was put to sleep for a week and I lost most of my most valuable enchantment ingredients.

Anytime you make a critical mistake like that in this job and live through it, that's a lucky win for you. But darn if it didn't suck to spend at least a decade restocking my pantry, so to speak.

We all go through that at least once or twice!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Jon Joe posted:

(Druids also allowed.)

i never thought i'd see the day

okay, here's the scoop: i'm a simple neutral druid. i don't think i'm asking too big a favor but there are way too many of you who just really don't get it and you never seem to loving get the hint collectively. you know those idiots in the castles you hate so much you summoned a whole army to defeat? you know how much smarter than they are you think you are? well, get a load of this

you see, after the fourth or fifth son/nephew/cousin leading a group of poachers found themselves with a nice rack and standing on all fours, those numbskulls actually learned they shouldn't loving go in my forest!! some of them, i didn't even have to touch any of their heirs before they declared my forest off limits (i know this because idiots from those kingdoms decided to try and get in anyway and had incredibly loud, stupid conversations about how peaceful the forest was and how their leaders were full of poo poo, right up until I polymorphed them into foxes and relocated them near the edge of their countries' hunting ground). but for some reason you dark wizards always have your goddamned unnatural summons cutting down my trees, trampling over my plants, and slaughtering my animals. doesn't matter how many of you i deal with, nobody ever gets the clue that hey, maybe going through the mountains or desert will be easier instead!

i know, i know, why the gently caress should you care? what's in it for you? i'm definitely not a challenge, why not just roll me over then? well, aside from the fact i've had this problem for centuries and always come out ahead, i'm willing to share information. that's right, i am offering to be an inside man for most any kingdom you want to conquer nearby. i've made certain deals with direct kings and queens, and as much as it pains me to even get close to a loving city and find most everything in there utterly loathsome, happened to end up with a fair bit of trust and dirt on a lot of people. all i ask is that once you've done that and made your conquest, you pass on the word to other dark wizards that my forest is off limits and anyone who thinks differently will have to take it up with you and your new kingdom's army.

please? i'm tired of having to clean up and regrow every few years only for some other dumb shmuck thinking he's hell's gift to earth tromping through and proving he's even dumber than the loving nobles who say "i can't believe you're so civilized for a druid" and uggghhh just thinking about that makes me want to turn into a tree for a few centuries

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_hcwB8i64

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Draft Wizard

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

so i hate to be this guy, but i want to revisit the whole 'cloak' thing.

i understand the need to have freedom of motion to make mystical gestures and draw sigils in the aether or whatever, but i'd really feel more comfortable in a track suit.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Prof. Crocodile posted:

i understand the need to have freedom of motion to make mystical gestures and draw sigils in the aether or whatever, but i'd really feel more comfortable in a track suit.

i think a track suit is a brilliant costume for an evil wizard because then you can easily disguise yourself as a clueless hero from another world and earn everyone's trust before stabbing them in the back

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
vleh, it is I, a vampire! I learned necromancy as an elective back in vampire college, are screaming skulls still the hot new thing to summon? I don't want to embarrass myself summoning unfashionable undead.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Its equally about the cultural identity as utility, no one is going to take you seriously as a dark wizard if you're in a track suit

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Bismuth posted:

Its equally about the cultural identity as utility, no one is going to take you seriously as a dark wizard if you're in a track suit

Yeah, even if it's covered in arcane symbols, you're still coming off as a poseur.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You better at least be a necropsionicyst

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
blood magic is cooler then necromancy

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Badactura posted:

vleh, it is I, a vampire! I learned necromancy as an elective back in vampire college, are screaming skulls still the hot new thing to summon? I don't want to embarrass myself summoning unfashionable undead.

people will say that blood fiends are this year's IT summon, but if you ask me screaming skulls are classic and have never gone out of style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

i never thought i'd see the day

okay, here's the scoop: i'm a simple neutral druid. i don't think i'm asking too big a favor but there are way too many of you who just really don't get it and you never seem to loving get the hint collectively. you know those idiots in the castles you hate so much you summoned a whole army to defeat? you know how much smarter than they are you think you are? well, get a load of this

you see, after the fourth or fifth son/nephew/cousin leading a group of poachers found themselves with a nice rack and standing on all fours, those numbskulls actually learned they shouldn't loving go in my forest!! some of them, i didn't even have to touch any of their heirs before they declared my forest off limits (i know this because idiots from those kingdoms decided to try and get in anyway and had incredibly loud, stupid conversations about how peaceful the forest was and how their leaders were full of poo poo, right up until I polymorphed them into foxes and relocated them near the edge of their countries' hunting ground). but for some reason you dark wizards always have your goddamned unnatural summons cutting down my trees, trampling over my plants, and slaughtering my animals. doesn't matter how many of you i deal with, nobody ever gets the clue that hey, maybe going through the mountains or desert will be easier instead!

i know, i know, why the gently caress should you care? what's in it for you? i'm definitely not a challenge, why not just roll me over then? well, aside from the fact i've had this problem for centuries and always come out ahead, i'm willing to share information. that's right, i am offering to be an inside man for most any kingdom you want to conquer nearby. i've made certain deals with direct kings and queens, and as much as it pains me to even get close to a loving city and find most everything in there utterly loathsome, happened to end up with a fair bit of trust and dirt on a lot of people. all i ask is that once you've done that and made your conquest, you pass on the word to other dark wizards that my forest is off limits and anyone who thinks differently will have to take it up with you and your new kingdom's army.

please? i'm tired of having to clean up and regrow every few years only for some other dumb shmuck thinking he's hell's gift to earth tromping through and proving he's even dumber than the loving nobles who say "i can't believe you're so civilized for a druid" and uggghhh just thinking about that makes me want to turn into a tree for a few centuries

I'd be down with a deal like this as long as you were curating a dark twisted forest. You know, evil sentient trees, kills all travelers, breeds hordes of ravenous wolves, that sort of thing. Let me see if my cult has a chapter near you and we might work out a deal. Also I'll let you reclaim one city to nature for free if conquering this kingdom leads to me killing paladins.