Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I don't know who snuck into my sanctum and rearranged my arcane runes to spell out "your beard stinks", but I'll have you know it won 2nd place last year at the annual dark wizard meetup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
My phylactery is a Funko pop

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.

Grey Cat posted:

I don't know who snuck into my sanctum and rearranged my arcane runes to spell out "your beard stinks", but I'll have you know it won 2nd place last year at the annual dark wizard meetup.
It actually stinks tho, you’re supposed to deflesh the bones before you weave them into the hair.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Stop holding on to these anthropocentric standards of beards, the cannibal ogres loved it

naem
May 29, 2011

wheatpuppy posted:

Ok so, this is a little embarrassing but I could use some advice. Awhile back, when I was young and horny, I did this infernal deal to make me attractive to a particular (dumb, but hot) person. It worked real well, so I did it a few more times whenever I got tired of the old model. But somehow the overlapping incantations kinda took on a life of their own and started spreading so now every dumb person who sees me starts to worship me, even the ones who are not hot. :(

At first it was kinda nice, I let them make me their god-emperor and they brought me steaks and cold drinks and taco salads whenever I wanted. Sometimes I set them to fighting each other for the LOLs. But then, they started wanting me to actually do like, god-stuff. Which is annoying because it doesn't benefit me so why would I even care? But they keep praying and begging and crowding around and touching me with their dirty peasant hands. I just want them to go away!

I tried ignoring them and mocking them but it made them love me more. Tried inciting them to war so they'd all get killed off, but the dumbasses only wandered around the battlefield until they got lost or bored, so barely a handful died. Lately I have tried acting like a drooling idiot myself; I figured the more I act like them the more repulsive I would be (gods know they are disgusting and off-putting). But no matter how idiotically I behave, they are still there with the chanting and the worshipping and the "oh please smite my enemies" and ugh.

Please don't ask me to cancel the original deal, that would mean I would lose my pulling power for the actual hot ones. I just wanna know how I can make the rest of the shambling masses go back to worshipping from afar and not expecting results?

that could get really complicated if your follower’s faith leads them to become Paladins, esp if youre an evil wizard.

like how does that work?? they might vanquish you and then, their powers fade? you die and are reborn as a diety for real?

actually wait churches are tax exempt this could work out ok

naem
May 29, 2011

naem posted:

that could get really complicated if your follower’s faith leads them to become Paladins, esp if you’re an evil wizard.

like how does that work?? they might vanquish you and then, their powers fade? you die and are reborn as a diety for real?

naem
May 29, 2011

evil quote does not = evil edit

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

naem posted:

that could get really complicated if your follower’s faith leads them to become Paladins, esp if youre an evil wizard.

This is actually a great scheme to have an endless supply of paladins to corrupt for various high level spells and needs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Y'all Dark Wizards got a Union? Sign me up if so.

naem
May 29, 2011

EmbryoSteve posted:

This is actually a great scheme to have an endless supply of paladins to corrupt for various high level spells and needs.

too dangerous imo, imagine the redemption arc a paladin gets to have if they faithfully follow what turns out to be a false diety who they then overthrow in a blast wave of pure goodness

no way they could resist that’s like paladin crack

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

redshirt posted:

We are evil wizards. So we are pro Right To Work

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

redshirt posted:

I've got lots of unions of things. Chimeras, skeleton abominations, the Fleshbeast.

Never had a volunteer before, but I guess I can incorporate another body into one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Unions aren't really a problem for me as I've had to do away with the practice of minion-keeping entirely. It was useful back in the good old days when the collective consciousness of humanity still perceived a "minion" as some sort of necromancer's pet imp or gremlin, but these days it's become impossible to incarnate any new help that isn't one of those irritating mascot creatures from a movie that shall remain unnamed for reasons of licensing fees.

When I accidentally manifested a batch a few years ago, I disposed of them with Flesh To Polymer (Plastics) and sold them disguised as Limited Edition Nendroids to Americans on the ebay. But woe betide them all when the enchantment wanes!!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

EmbryoSteve posted:

The only right I'm interested in is the right to bear spellcasting implements.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Who the gently caress is Harry Potter?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm in an unholy union with my job (dark wizarding)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Deki posted:

I've got lots of unions of things. Chimeras, skeleton abominations, the Fleshbeast.

Never had a volunteer before, but I guess I can incorporate another body into one.

*quietly rubs hands together evilly as you accomplish my plans....

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/KdD7aLrDtBo

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I heard my minions were unionized so i cast chain lightning and ionized 'em

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Who the gently caress made these chocolate and newt eye cookies? You know I'm allergic to newt retina!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Puts on my floppy wizard hat....

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

redshirt posted:

EmbryoSteve posted:

It's not a "union", it's a Guild. Union has an employee/underling connotation. Guilds are a band of highly specialized entrepreneurs.

To be fair, no one reads the newsletters or bothers to vote in the board elections.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

redshirt posted:

*Puts on my floppy wizard hat....

The elf Sildenafil could help you with that...

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Who the gently caress is Harry Potter?

Some kid who got assigned credit for taking out some lovely British wizard back in the 90s.

In reality, Phantimolo set the whole thing up because Voldemort was self-promoting really hard and tainting the dark wizard brand, and he thought it'd be hilarious to make Voldemort think he got killed by a literal baby. He was right.

The scrying party where we all watched it kick off was great. Idiot Brits thought "a mother's love" reflected the killing spell. loving hilarious.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the funniest part about harry potter is that when he grew up, he had a short stint as a stage actor, where he performed equus. and that awakened something terrible within him. later in life, he moved to the state of washington, where he died. you may know him better by his online handle, mr. hands

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HelleSpud posted:

The elf Sildenafil could help you with that...

I would trust no Wizard with an erect Wizard Hat.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Fur20 posted:

the funniest part about harry potter is that when he grew up, he had a short stint as a stage actor, where he performed equus. and that awakened something terrible within him. later in life, he moved to the state of washington, where he died. you may know him better by his online handle, mr. hands

I heard he had become a cop, so I guess it's a blessing that he got a less horrific ending.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
A cop? Too dark for the dark wizard thread. We have standards, for gently caress's sake

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

A cop? Too dark for the dark wizard thread. We have standards, for gently caress's sake

It's not about how evil they are, it's about aesthetics. We don't want to put up with any wizards wearing white robes.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fur20 posted:

Unshittius Pantiosa

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tunicate posted:

It's not about how evil they are, it's about aesthetics. We don't want to put up with any wizards wearing white robes.

I''ll support an evil wizard. I won't support some racist POS wizard.

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010

redshirt posted:

I would trust no Wizard with an erect Wizard Hat.

Right, forgot.

I've been Bog Hag-ing it and since everyone goes "soooo, a Witch, but crust punk?" I got myself a witch hat.

It's got one of those beer can hats inside, and the point screws off as a flask!

(but that's harder to be surreptitious about at the rite/coven/HOA meeting)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HelleSpud posted:

Right, forgot.

I've been Bog Hag-ing it and since everyone goes "soooo, a Witch, but crust punk?" I got myself a witch hat.

It's got one of those beer can hats inside, and the point screws off as a flask!

(but that's harder to be surreptitious about at the rite/coven/HOA meeting)

This Witch gets it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Got my wide hat, for the wide wizard on the go

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nope. Cloaks are the way to go.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
During the last raging pestilence that swept through the region* I found that I really dig the Plague Doctor vibe. It has all the benefits of your usual wizard robe (e.g., toss it on over whatever 'fit, and nobody knows if you're going commando that day) plus with the mask, I don't have to worry about pesky things like oral hygiene or the fact that I can't grow a proper Evil Beard to save my life. Bonus points that nobody can see me rolling my eyes at the Spellcasters Local 360 meetings when the Paladins take the floor to whinge about who keeps contaminating the groundwater.

*Look I am just saying, if it's *that* important to properly dispose of used spell ingredients, then maybe the packet of pox-ridden graveyard bone dust TM should have a warning label about why it shouldn't get dumped into the nearest reservoir.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

wheatpuppy posted:

During the last raging pestilence that swept through the region* I found that I really dig the Plague Doctor vibe. It has all the benefits of your usual wizard robe (e.g., toss it on over whatever 'fit, and nobody knows if you're going commando that day) plus with the mask, I don't have to worry about pesky things like oral hygiene or the fact that I can't grow a proper Evil Beard to save my life. Bonus points that nobody can see me rolling my eyes at the Spellcasters Local 360 meetings when the Paladins take the floor to whinge about who keeps contaminating the groundwater.

The best thing about plague doctor masks is that you can stuff psychedelic herbs down the beak and trip balls during those meetings.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Automatic Slim posted:

The best thing about plague doctor masks is that you can stuff psychedelic herbs down the beak and trip balls during those meetings.

LOL I turned mine into a bong and convinced everyone I am 1/8th Fire Demon and that's why I sometimes blow smoke. The only ones who actually recognize the smell are the druids but I am half Druish on my mom's side so they won't dime me out. Sometimes I set up a containment globe over our corner of the room so we can hotbox.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

wheatpuppy posted:

*Look I am just saying, if it's *that* important to properly dispose of used spell ingredients, then maybe the packet of pox-ridden graveyard bone dust TM should have a warning label about why it shouldn't get dumped into the nearest reservoir.

The next time this happens you should ask the paladins why they're so busy complaining about it and not actually going out and stopping whatever fiendish blackguard is doing this. If you do it right you could probably sow a lot of chaos and division among them, or possibly turn other 'good' people against them. Suggesting that the paladins have become lazy and corrupt could go a long way.

A few identities ago I spent a while as the secretary of the local Tower Owner's Association and it's honestly shocking how much evil you can get up to in that kind of organization. A few well-timed charm spells to get some patsies to say the right thing at the right time, some selective editing of the meeting minutes, and you wouldn't believe how much misery and unhappiness you can create. Just make sure you're never the chair of the TOA, you get a bit too much of the spotlight and let's be real it's way more fun to be the guy who sits beside the high chair and whispers subtly evil advice into the occupant's ear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
Got a new skull today :3: