Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Uh, hi guys! Newish necromancer here.

I've been practicing with stuff like disrupt undead when I'm out with my friends "adventuring" (more like hanging out in creepy places, ya know?) But I thought I'd try something more interesting since I'm getting experience... well, let me explain.

I went to the graveyard yesterday night (I know, so amateur) and found an old grave that I figured no one cared about and raised a skeleton (first time, I did it!). Problem is, I don't think I know how to control the drat thing. It just sort of putters around and follows me. Even into the privy! When I tell it to do something it kind of stares at me but doesn't move. I feel like there's a trick to this that I'm not getting.

I like my skeleton (I named him McCoy) but I need advice on how to control (train?) him. Any and all advice welcome, we're supposed to go to the crossroads in 3 days to fight gnolls or something so speedy replies appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Thanks guys! I'm looking into spells with more control and MAN O MAN there's a lot I didn't realize! This is pretty exciting and I think I might try a zombie next.

Oh yeah, I tried the eye socket thing and I think it kind of worked? I can go to the loo and it waits outside anyway. Step in the right direction!

My friends are cool, they're why I stated necromancy! I've known our barbarian for a long time and he's real fun to tear poo poo up with. We're banned from a few pubs 'cause of that guy!

Hey, does anyone think I can lift one of our pub bans if I raise a skeleton of that barkeeep Kronark... uh... liberated of his head? Or is that a bad idea? As you can probably tell I'm totally new to this!

Magical edit:

Who What Now posted:

Also, to any new necromancers, don't think you have to supplement your Evil magics with the powers of Chaos. Anyone who tells you you have to is lying. Lawful Evil magic is equally as strong, and Neutral Evil is as pure as you can get. Don't be peer-pressured into channeling an alignment you aren't comfortable with. We're not all Abyss Knights, we accept magicians of all alignments!

Wait, seriously? I wish I knew that sooner! I'm way more neutral evil and pretty bad at chaos.

KillerJunglist fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 31, 2020

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

magic cactus posted:

casting chill touch on my youtube music playlists to turn them all into lo-fi hip hop beats to relax/raise the dead to

I tried that once and it turned all my tracks into chill ambient. I... fell asleep while raising a zombie and when I woke up she was one of those half zombies like you see crawling around.

Still useful, I threw it into an open window at the inn. Hi-larious!

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

hakimashou posted:

gently caress druids

Sometimes I randomly cast "defoliate" just to piss 'em off.

They can be cool tho. Hippy dippy, but cool.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

naem posted:

darkness and tentacles was the name of my band back in necrollege

Oh snap, I think I saw you play the Fat Barrel Tavern. I think Dragon Dem Titties played with you guys.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

One time I cast suggestion on a druid and had him try and teach me that secret druid language they speak.

Dude got kicked out of being a druid and he's like an alchemist or something now.

I still don't understand that stupid druid speak tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Okay okay, apparently this is the dark wizard TALK ABOUT DRUIDS thread.

But seriously, any you bad guy magic slingers ever work with an anti-paladin? I worked with one and whoo! Way too intense for me.

She used to call me "basic evil". After seeing how much trouble she would go through to be "advanced evil", I'm totally cool with being basic.