Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ugh, how many times are you gonna do this to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Colonel Cancer posted:

Not true. Even a basic Lich like some of you assembled in this thread would easily disprove this statement.

What's that? Can't hear you over the rattling of your tired old bones :smug:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah, and waste a week getting those curses set properly? Cmon, give me the inside scoop. Where are yall finding yours?

Have you tried your local Magisterum Mysticum chapter?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

you psionicists are too out there, you need to be reigned in

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 31, 2020

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shinjobi posted:

Anyone got any fun stories of mistaken summoning?

Tried my hand at bringing in an arch demon, see if I could learn a little bit more about soul binding techniques. Wouldn't you know it, flubbed one of the anchors on the summoning circle, snagged a lowly imp instead. The good news: I wasn't immediately maimed by my intended summon that emerged from a broken circle. The bad news: I was put to sleep for a week and I lost most of my most valuable enchantment ingredients.

Anytime you make a critical mistake like that in this job and live through it, that's a lucky win for you. But darn if it didn't suck to spend at least a decade restocking my pantry, so to speak.

We all go through that at least once or twice!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Bismuth posted:

Its equally about the cultural identity as utility, no one is going to take you seriously as a dark wizard if you're in a track suit

Yeah, even if it's covered in arcane symbols, you're still coming off as a poseur.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

naem posted:

trolls are classic dungeon monsters, orks and goblins are classic minions but personally I’ve learned to avoid them, a little too much chaos for me.

trolls eat WAY too much to be profitable and orks have crazy good labor unions. crazy good. “Minions assault the castle!” “Mug-Lugck think we discuss terms of 403B retirement plan first.” Uugh

goblins reproduce so fast you can’t project labor costs more than a fiscal quarter at a time, makes taxes a nightmare

And don't even think about getting gnolls. If they hear a dog barking in the distance, forget being able to sleep or study for the next month while you try to get the drat things to shut up.

Kobolds are alright, just keep everything out of their reach and make sure you don't have any stairs or something. Blasted things will climb everywhere if you take your eye off them for a minute.

Of course, one could invest in a decent levitation system, but the upkeep on that can be prohibitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

magic cactus posted:

casting chill touch on my youtube music playlists to turn them all into lo-fi hip hop beats to relax/raise the dead to

pro necromusician move there