Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've been trying to track down some mystic bones, and it has to be hardest thing for me to track down lately. Is it the economy? Anyone got any tips on snagging some of these bad boys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, and waste a week getting those curses set properly? Cmon, give me the inside scoop. Where are yall finding yours?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone got any fun stories of mistaken summoning?

Tried my hand at bringing in an arch demon, see if I could learn a little bit more about soul binding techniques. Wouldn't you know it, flubbed one of the anchors on the summoning circle, snagged a lowly imp instead. The good news: I wasn't immediately maimed by my intended summon that emerged from a broken circle. The bad news: I was put to sleep for a week and I lost most of my most valuable enchantment ingredients.

Anytime you make a critical mistake like that in this job and live through it, that's a lucky win for you. But darn if it didn't suck to spend at least a decade restocking my pantry, so to speak.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Prof. Crocodile posted:

so i hate to be this guy, but i want to revisit the whole 'cloak' thing.

i understand the need to have freedom of motion to make mystical gestures and draw sigils in the aether or whatever, but i'd really feel more comfortable in a track suit.

You're gonna get flak from traditionalists and I want you to know there's really no wrong answer. Me personally, I think a nice cloak gives me the freedom I need with a nice little boost to the "dark lord of the forbidden arts" aesthetic I try to convey. If you're struggling to find a good cloak that fits your needs, however, I don't think it's bad to look outside the box.

Maybe a track suit won't strike fear into the hearts of those who intrude on your abyssal lair. On the other hand, maybe sometimes it's better for people to find out the hard way that a dark wizard is more than just a spooky cloak.

Just have fun with it!