Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

A lot of people forget that druids have been doing dark magic longer than just about everyone else. You go back far enough (no, not so far that everything is darkness and tentacles, a little bit after that), back before people even knew the line between magic and everything else, and do you know what you'll find? You'll find someone wearing a deer skull and a robe, about to spill serious blood so trees will grow, and the crops will ripen, and the seasons will turn.

People think that was just "superstition" back then, but no. You really had to do that before wussy, modern, 'good' divinities automated the process. Everything's just free and easy now-a-days.

Couple classmates in my old university were ancient druids. Gotta tell you, those ladies were hardcore. Entrail reading on still-living paladins, human sacrifice, blood curses, the whole 9 yards

I'm pretty sure they spend most of their days hunting and killing "new age" druids out of spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

entrail reading was thaumaturgically proven to be woo so gj falling for that bull poo poo, i hope at least you got some strange brah

Well, we were all young and dumb once, yknow?

Besides even if it is bullshit, it was still hardcore at the time

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Is anyone else having trouble coming up with elder graveweed root? All the sudden it's scarce or some idiot merchant wants thousands of gold for an ounce of it. I'm trying to come up with new potions to use on my flesh abominations that use angels as part of the component, and elder graveweed rpot is the only thing that keeps em stable.

I've already enthralled a couple merchants or otherwise used my undead armies to ransack trade routes but I hate wasting time on that stuff

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Light can be just as dark. It doesn't take much to repurpose healing spells as necromancy, really. Plus you could create an alter ego so you keep your healing license and send adventurers to your evil lair and kill them, adding more bodies to your evil army

Or you can just wield light powers to brainwash people into zealous crusades that expand your domain of blazing light. Really the possibilities are endless

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Hey anybody heard from Drethgar lately? Last I heard he was trying to break one of the Rules, and I got a message from him yesterday. It was hand delivered on plain paper with no spells, super weird, but he seemed kinda nervous like maybe he'd contacted an Outer One.

Do not break the Rules but I hope the guy's all right. Did me a solid a couple centuries ago when a paladin wound up power-leveling in one of my dungeons.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
My big thing for the year is another castle conversion. Found some prime real estate but the problem is... it's a paladin temple. They're just squandering all the potential! So I figure I'm gonna try the ol "corrupt from within" by spreading some tainted ground beneath the temple. That'll take time and some experimentation to see which types can bypass the whole "sacred ground cannot be defiled" rules but I'm sure I got something in my bag of tricks

Once a few of them are succumbing the madness, I can work to quietly warp their teachings to fit my own agendas. Hell there's a really nice alchemy shop backed by the Institution of Reagent Testing and Verification so maybe I can score some rare poo poo

Otherwise just bog standard terrorizing and razing of farms is on the agenda for the next couple months to distract from turning a holy temple into a profane monolith, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Not gonna get me with this one again, you Outsider gently caress