Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My neighbor recently planted a Hangman's Tree on our property line. She's been watering it with quite a bit of innocent blood so, as you could imagine, it's grown to the point that it now crosses in to my property. My bigger concern is some of the branches, right now they're hanging directly over my garden. I am worried that a bad storm will drop some of these branches on my garden. I need to know what my legal rights are here under the Mage's Act of 1431. In addition, the property line was drawn BEFORE the Realignment Provision of 1880, so you can understand some of the headaches I've dealt with over the centuries.

My buddy said I should just chop down the tree myself, but I don't want to risk it falling on my property. I thought about killing it by spreading some powdered vulture bones on it, but I'm worried she'd know I did it. At this point I am so deep into archaic tomes trying to figure out Hangman's Tree Law, does anyone have a good lawyer that specializes in this poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm okay with druids, but can we all admit that bards are the loving worst?

Always popping up in your sacred temple, singing some loving garbage that undoes a bunch of spells or is just plain annoying. When I was like 3 months out of Dark Arts U (GO UNRELENTING SHOGGOTHS!) this loving dickhead Bard kept coming in to my castle, singing a song about grasshoppers or something. I kept shooing him off, turns out the idiot thought I had a princess trapped in there. Anyway, like a month later I realize he's been enfeebling my foundation. Long story short; I had to drop a lot of gold to get my basement redone before the whole thing sunk.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Anti-paladins are okay if you need to like, really quickly kill off some guys attacking your castle of whatever. And they're fine if you just need a dude to come in, kill some beasts, and leave.

But holy crap are they try-hards.

"Ohhh, the universe is a blank nothing balanced above a sphere of non-existence!" "Yeah I killed everyone you told me not to, I just think death is the only release."

Blah blah blah. I went though an anti-paladin phase in high school, but you know what? I grew out of it, just like 99% of magic users. Sorry to rant but those guys give those of us who truly worship evil a bad name.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Has anybody ever used The Unknowable Arch Fiend Contractors for castle building or remodeling? I'm looking to add a clock tower to my castle, they quoted me 2.4 million gold pieces for the job, which seems really high. I only had a few things I wanted in the tower:

1) Gears that fly off and attack anyone who enters
2) A stained glass window that I can enchant so it turns into a stained glass knight to defend the place
3) At least 5-6 spike-filled pits
4) The top of the clocktower needs to have a big metal thing that can get struck by lightning (even just a rod is fine but a cool statue would be ideal)

Are they ripping me off? I also talked to Bardo's Discount Remodeling and Dungeon Design, they quoted me 1 million but they have a lot of bad reviews from other wizards that weren't happy with the finished product.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Bardo's sucks, don't do it - they literally sub-contract to a crew of devourers. It's entertaining to send other liches thier way though.

The DIY thing is cool if you're going for maximum chaos, because unless you super-micro-manage, you are going to endup with a "clocktower" that has the latrine emptying directly into your vault of unspeakable terrors. Which is fine for unholy relics, but say goodbye to your dragons blood.

My lasy DIY project involved adding a system of drains that could open and close so I could flood the bottom floor of my dungeon with poison sludge as needed.

The problem is I summoned a bunch of skeletons to do it. Unfortunately those guys suck at fine details (I guess because of the lack of skin maybe? who knows) so I had a ton of tiny leaks everywhere. The first time I flooded the dungeon half the gunk leaked into my graveyard and my cursed forest. I had to bring in a water mage to fix the leaks and a freaking druid to smooth things over with the forest spirits. It ended up costing me more in the long run than if I'd just paid an expert in the first place.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

As I noted, skeletons are fine for grunt work but DO NOT expect them to handle fine detail work.

But yes, it is very satisfying to see the skeleton of my former rival (Torr-bar the Great) installing some new carpeting in my grand hallway.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Anybody know how to get Dragon's Blood out of velvet? I freaking spilled this crap all over my good robe and it's not washing out at all.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

This is a little embarrassing, but let's just say... hypothetically... I used some cheap ingredients and got Cockatrice feathers mixed in with my Phoenix feathers.

If I accidentally turned a guy's hand into stone, is there an easy way to fix this? This'll teach me to try and save a few bucks.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

FYI there's a guy out there claiming to clean out the various shafts and crawlspaces of your lair for only 99 pieces of silver, paid upfront of course.

It's a huge scam, he'll show you all these etchings of "past jobs" but then he'll show up all alone on a horse and say his equipment's tied up at another site and you need to pay a "rescheduling fee". This old sorcerer that lives across the Forbidden Plain from me got scammed real bad and he might end up having to sell his Bone Fortress since he can't afford the payments any more.

I think in general we need to do more to help out every Ancient Hag, Crone, Sorcerer, and Necromancer we know. A lot of these people live on fixed incomes and scam artists really prey on them in their old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Colonel Cancer posted:

Just invest a few coppers into a hotdog shack and get yourself banished for 1 thousand years, come back and collect your millions?

Then travel back in time with your fortune, rinse and repeat whenever you run out. That's why you became an immortal being and learnt magic duh

That's all well and good if you know a chronomage or can hire one, but what about the lowly Swamp Crone? Hell, my great-great-great-great-great grandather spent his life and afterlife reanimating the dead for Lord Karluk the Unliving. You think he had the time or forethought to get involved with time manipulation? Hell, back then you needed to invest in a whole-rear end clock tower filled with a bunch of rare metals just to start messing around with that stuff.