Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So is the game dead or just incredibly stagnant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
edit wrong thread

Lady Militant fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 8, 2023

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

MarcusSA posted:

So is the game dead or just incredibly stagnant?

Depends, the mining game is still going strong. The drama and tears are always here.

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

HONK STRONK

Trauts
May 1, 2010
Posting to auth. In game name tincanwifi

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
reminiscing about the time we snuck in and succ'd a bunch of square rocks from some dorks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMPRsk-foo4&t=5s

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

reminiscing about the time we snuck in and succ'd a bunch of square rocks from some dorks

"3 years ago"
what the gently caress :negative:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Demon Of The Fall posted:

thank you eve echoes for teaching me the word "intumescent" and giving me something fun to do during lockdown

:honk:

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Did they add caps yet? If so, how many swipes?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ise posted:

Caps and faction caps iirc. Also motherships but no dreads or titans. I don’t think anyone plays this anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

Ise posted:

They’ve had Dreads, Carriers, and FAX for a while. Fairly recently added Supers and faction dreads. Also weird faction carriers called ‘Versatile Assault Ships’ that launch frigates and destroyers got added a little while ago. Titans have yet to manifest in game, but I don’t see NE stalling too much longer—maybe less than a year if lucky

As for costs, the caps in EE are significantly easier to craft/acquire than in EO. This has lead to a lot of morons loosing caps to AFK and flying solo which can be p funny when it happens

Frank Frank posted:

Caps and faction caps iirc. Also motherships but no dreads or titans. I don’t think anyone plays this anymore

A lot of olds still around from day 1 of the game and every so often we see a new goose or a returnee.

Ngl, this game is a real slog of a grind, but where the good content can be found it is dang good

Devs can eat poo poo tho