Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
Bluestacks in my experience worked well for camera alts and miners; I used an ipad and a phone or two for combat alts on top of that and this worked okay. Bluestacks 5 allegedly has great performance enhancements over BS4, so your mileage may vary.

You can dive as deep into the android emulation rabbithole as you like, but having been there I will say bluestacks is the best effort/results ratio so far. I never did get EE to recognize my qemu android as a supported device and it’s probably just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

bluestacks 5 works just fine for cameras up thru like 100 on grid. it (and every other emulator) will fully poo poo in a sov blob fight but those have been rare in the last few months

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

whenever i open up BS5 it comes up with this: https://gyazo.com/a27c132123d08c910a9875c9e3bbf079

and BSX works fine, but when i try to install it it just doesnt work.

btw i have no idea why it has an echoes picture, because i wasnt able to install it on bsx, and cant even open bs5, also kinda confused why opening up bs5 opens up the app player, but nothing else works so im not really that surprised. am probably just gonna uninstall everything about bluestacks and reinstall.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ok so i go to the bluestacks website, download BLUESTACKS 5 then after its finished the installer says the installation process didnt work and that i should check my internet connection and restart, then it just installs a (mostly) working bluestacks x?

and the cherry on top is that i cant even get games on that bsx because it didnt install the app player, then tells me to uninstall the app player and reinstall. should i just stick with bsx or try for 5? since it seems like it really doesnt want me to go 5.

E: hmm, bs5 works completely fine on my laptop, dont understand why it hates my PC so much, its fairly new. try again tomorrow i guess.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 15, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If bs5 hates your windows install you need to make sure hardware accelerated hyper-v is on and available. This might mean a trip into the bios to make sure virtualization support is on first.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

bluestacks x is Cloud Gamer Streaming like nvidia go or whatever and afaik Echoes simply is not supported

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

uniball posted:

bluestacks x is Cloud Gamer Streaming like nvidia go or whatever and afaik Echoes simply is not supported

Yeah, after some more research I don't really want x. I think I have an idea of what to do, and bluestacks support recommended me an off-line installer, so I'm hopeful.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

How is EEs economy? I would guess pretty decent, since it seems like it's devs are actually doing good stuff with the game. Did it get to the locust faze? Or is it still before rorqs ruled the world.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

floppyspud posted:

How is EEs economy? I would guess pretty decent, since it seems like it's devs are actually doing good stuff with the game. Did it get to the locust faze? Or is it still before rorqs ruled the world.

Money doesn’t ever leave the economy since you only ever have to buy a hull once. It’s a serious problem they’re trying to address with an incredibly overpowered implant system but the problem is, only super elites can take advantage so…

It’s kinda nice for us plebs though. I was sitting in a faction cruiser (vexor navy issue) about two weeks in because there’s no money in selling those anymore. That poo poo was unheard of in EO

Everything is dirt cheap except for faction BS’s and caps. Caps are still relatively new in EE and aren’t sold on the open market much.

Oh and BPOs don’t exist here - only BPCs. You can supposedly make money with good reverse engineering / manufacturing skills but the margins are razor thin because everyone you’re competing against will have perfect skills which determine material usage etc.

E: someone just randomly gifted me a goddamned fully-fit Vindicator the other day. It’s going to be another month and a half before I can effectively fly it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 16, 2022

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
Having just gone the opposite and started EO again I’d say there’s a few differences.

Insurance is a big one as long as you have the insurance points you get your ship and anything that doesn’t drop back. In general I’d say this means there’s more bling floating around though if it’s proper expensive like a cap it basically isn’t worth insuring. If you pvp regularly with expensive stuff you will start to run out.

There are lots of whales with expensive stuff they can’t fly.

Industry is viable and a few geese make a go of it on the side but it’s probably about a tenth as deep as EO and is basically building ships out of mined minerals which is a good way to move and sell the minerals.

Pvp feels very the same as you’re thinking about similar things though each has its own complexities with EE it’ll be how the base stats of the ship are changed with whatever nanocore ppl added or now implants. In EO it seems to be the fit itself that’s the variable (powergrid is nowhere near as big an issue in EE) also good luck figuring out mids and lows if you’re from EO they are all difference (all tank is low).

Being able to autopilot thru highsec is amazing and lets you spend more time doing real stuff but takes away a bit of the EO fear factor which is a magic in itself.

As regards rorquals the last one I saw was worth 121bn and if ppl know you have one you will be an instant target.

Edit- forgot to say you can definitely make good money multibox mining, the risk is obvious. I think a solo miner would have it tough making a living

Edit edit- the game throws SP at you unlike EO, you can fly fun stuff in a month and if you do concord pass you will skill up v quickly. Probably 8 months to T10 maybe (total guess) 6 or 7 to T9 (battleships)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

timbro fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 16, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Why would the implants help the economy? Just an enormous isk sink? Seems like a bandaid solution but at least they've seen the problem and are trying to fix it.

How is the omega cost? (buying with isk, I refuse to spend money on a mobile game even if it does look really good and that the devs actually care.) Apparently it's actually fairly easy to get it, relative to EO of course.

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
They need isk sinks and implants cost like 500bn to fully skill up.

The thing you have to know about EE is that it’s designed to take as much money from you as possible.

EO I guess is in theory the same but it’s far less blatant.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

floppyspud posted:

Why would the implants help the economy? Just an enormous isk sink? Seems like a bandaid solution but at least they've seen the problem and are trying to fix it.

How is the omega cost? (buying with isk, I refuse to spend money on a mobile game even if it does look really good and that the devs actually care.) Apparently it's actually fairly easy to get it, relative to EO of course.

$15 bucks per-month for a duo subscription which is p much required to play the game. A lot of higher-end skills are gated behind omega clone requirements. Also if you’re planning on sticking around, you will want learning implants (not the same as the money sink implants) which stick with your char forever once installed.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

timbro posted:

There are lots of whales with expensive stuff they can’t fly.

I feel personally attacked but hey I was gifted that vindicator :colbert:
(I did buy it a concord core and a blingy tigerprint skin because I felt obligated to invest SOMETHING in it)

quote:

As regards rorquals the last one I saw
was worth 121bn and if ppl know you have one you will be an instant

Lmao 121b good loving god. The rorqual model oddly doesn’t look like the one in EO either for some reason. Neither does the badger and it bothers me.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

floppyspud posted:

How is EEs economy? I would guess pretty decent, since it seems like it's devs are actually doing good stuff with the game.

lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hey, people just randomly giving you FBS’s as a pleb is p nice. Not gonna lie

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

timbro posted:

Industry is viable and a few geese make a go of it on the side but it’s probably about a tenth as deep as EO and is basically building ships out of mined minerals which is a good way to move and sell the minerals.

I would love to try industry since it go's in hand in hand with mining, and I'd think it would be nice to build stuff that I know is gonna go to my brothers in arms and not a bunch of carebears.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Relative to CCP, of course.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

"to ensure fair play, players can no longer create characters with an emulator."

...what now? just create the character on phone and then log in on the emulator?

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

yes

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

going through the extended tutorial, hopefully it ends sooner rather than later, left clicking repeatedly to skip the dialog is getting annoying.

also working out how im gonna make multiple accounts, having to do it on phone and then getting t onto pc is annoying.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You can safely skip most of it but it does give you free skill points here and there so it may be worth it.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

floppyspud posted:

also working out how im gonna make multiple accounts, having to do it on phone and then getting t onto pc is annoying.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
I have so goddamn many goose-related twitter accounts now.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Worlds longest tong twister, comprising of only 5 different words.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nm

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 17, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Is death cloning a thing? Or do I just have to fly to null.

That us, when I actually get a picture of a cursed food. This is the hardest recruitment process I've ever seen.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

floppyspud posted:

Is death cloning a thing? Or do I just have to fly to null.

That us, when I actually get a picture of a cursed food. This is the hardest recruitment process I've ever seen.

No, clone jumping isn't a thing. You can fly most of the way to goose space in high/lowsec using autopilot, and should be able to get a scout in for the last few jumps.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
They added clone jumping.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
You can absolutely install jump clones but it’s largely unnecessary. They’re nice for saving a little bit of time if you need to be somewhere in a hurry but that’s about it

Being podded in this game doesn’t mean anything. You don’t have to buy a clone every time you die and your learning implants persist across clones (and after death).

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 24, 2022

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ive been having a lot of fun playing mini eve so far but the tech level system loving sucks and is terrible. makes me want to not even pvp until im 10 even though im rich as gently caress and can afford to basically fly anything since the t2/3 ships are just objectively better . newbies cant even train scanning skill until they are a month in?? im sure this has been talked to death but i just cant make it make sense

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
How are you rich if you’re not even T9 yet?

Yeah the tech level system is a bit annoying kept the game real fun at first though.

I’d say there is a similarity in EO in that there are so many skills you need it’s basically time gated too.

I assume you have concord pass ? If you are fully completing this it gives you like 3 days exp a week.

I think you can begin to have proper fun around T7/8 with battle cruisers. But there’s bits of fun before that with frigs etc. if you’re really rich faction stuff isn’t gated

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I spent my early EE career stealing PI and loot from escalations in a covops frigate, the latter especially makes people furious and is probably still decent isk.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

the tech system was fun at the start when everyone was leveling up around the same time, but yeah it’s a disaster for new players now. it does bait a bunch of mobile gamer noobs into buying all the “great deal” gems packs with SP that they advertise, so maybe working as intended actually

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I hadn’t flown a cloaking ship in EE until last week but I can tell you just idling in a system enrages people just as it did in EO. I’m almost tempted to cross train large torpedos just to have fun in a SB if my stupid beam buzzard irritates people so much.

Incidentally, there’s an event going on right now which is basically “farm event currency over time at a particular point in space”. Oh and you’re incentivized to kill other players’ ships. Nothing that gets blown up counts (you’re just sent back to station with no penalty). This has resulted in some of the wackiest fights I’ve ever seen. Shoutout to the insane Nightmare that I watched somehow tank a dread and a carrier for a solid 10 min last night.

I’m also gonna try and get my insanely overpriced assault BC blown up later today.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 24, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao I've found a new hobby. Warping into the new event at 80k with a naga II and instantly killing any stationary cruisers or frigs on the field and then running away. I dunno how many instances of this event there are but it's probably less than 20 because I keep running into the same folks. Some of these camps now have anti-frank perimeter patrols of angry T10 destroyers/daredevils floating at 60-100k out from the probe point looking - and I can usually still lock/kill before they get me because i''ll warp to a celestial and then bounce to the site so by the time they burn to me, whatever i'm shooting at is already dead.

I even got a Tempest earlier

E: I should fit the vindicator with rifled rails and do this to much greater effect but the naga is just funnier for some reason.

Double Edit: Cloaking Naga II will actually be funnier.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 25, 2022

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

yeah i did it with an apoc skrifer with beams full dps fit and the laser implant, but after you melt some ppl they start warping poo poo at range

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
this game's pcu is 1200 just lmao

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

this game's pcu is 1200 just lmao

Please, gently caress off.

Also you're saying this game has no players whilst eve is loving writhing from its plummeting playerbase just lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timbro
Jul 18, 2004
Be interested to know where that stat comes from id guess it’s a lot more.