Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

also autopilot is super fast cuz you dont need to drift to gates, and has zero risk in anything that isnt a giant floating space dumpster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Virigoth posted:

Stop sleeping.

You know, that might just work.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Missions and mission fleets are the best way to make money! Join up and everyone helps everyone out.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
I thought this was an eve scam thread.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DrCaptainSir posted:

Send me some posts and I'll send you double the amount of posts back.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

DrCaptainSir posted:

It is but the scam is limited to 'steal the corpwallet' and the targets are limited to 'goon corps'

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

The real scam was the friends we made along the way.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Rapner posted:

It is but the scam is limited to 'steal the corpwallet' and the targets are limited to 'goon corps'

its a redistribution of wealth to the people.

NOTICE; NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. WINNER WILL BE SELECTED AT RANDOM FROM THE PERMISSIONS ROLES AT END OF WEEK. DRAWING ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF EVE ECHOES OVER THE AGE OF 18.

Munkeylord
Jun 21, 2012

DrCaptainSir posted:

Wonder what the thread title will be next week!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

fyi, if you log off when you set autopilot, they can't warp scram you. Autopilot is OP. You'll get a push notification when you arrive.

I was on a station and hit autowarp. Had 5 cruisers attacking me and had points on me, and still warped out. Logged off and made it to the next station.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Game delivers in absolutely every single way.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Best game to play high 2020

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

So can we revote alliance name? Was goosefleet even the highest voted name? I missed the fireside.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Keegers posted:

So can we revote alliance name? Was goosefleet even the highest voted name? I missed the fireside.

There has not been a vote. There was briefly talk about us becoming goosefleet by prior leadership, and it seems to have caught on with a lot of people, so it may stick whenever a vote is done.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Keegers posted:

Yeah we will have a vote for it. We're not making the alliance tomorrow or anything so there's plenty of time to allow for a vote.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
Jazz why is it that you find yourself running these MMO games? Is the leadership pool in SA that shallow?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Romeo Charlie posted:

Jazz why is it that you find yourself running these MMO games? Is the leadership pool in SA that shallow?

My understanding is that with the groon leadership actively cannibalizing itself and basically everyone else stepping down this afternoon/evening, WanderingBishop messaged some people with SA goon game leadership experience they trusted to steer things.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

People who have experience successfully leading goons have been brought in to see if we can make it more than 7 days without a leadership collapse.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

My understanding is that with the groon leadership actively cannibalizing itself and basically everyone else stepping down this afternoon/evening, WanderingBishop messaged some people with SA goon game leadership experience they trusted to steer things.

Pretty much this, Jazz doesn't even play this loving game but once an API is a thing he's going to gently caress poo poo up (by sending the bank to a pubbie guild via bot commands)

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We ran out of goons to steal the Corp wallet so we brought in Jazz to send it to pubbies.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

!getbank

never 4get

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

We ran out of goons to steal the Corp wallet so we brought in Jazz to send it to pubbies.

what game was this? I can't sleep and maybe a good story will help me sleep.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm not up to date on anything anymore. I think GROON imploded from the last closed thread, but there's still a hefty amount if people in corp. Is Goosefleet the new corp to go to or is it the same as GROON right now?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rynder posted:

I'm not up to date on anything anymore. I think GROON imploded from the last closed thread, but there's still a hefty amount if people in corp. Is Goosefleet the new corp to go to or is it the same as GROON right now?

GROON didn't implode, nor did any other goon run corps. I guess if Pharnakes doesn't turn over CEOship whenever he wakes up from his wailing despair over goon drama, then there may need to be a new corp.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So if I’m playing solo and starting out new, does it not matter what system I do the missions in? Should I move to a system with a good market first?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

pixaal posted:

what game was this? I can't sleep and maybe a good story will help me sleep.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897634&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=49#post502329674

(I skipped you to the part where Jazz sent all our resources to a pubbie, but if you go back a few pages the other drama's kinda funny too.)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i am still available if anybody wants to send me the spacebux wallet ill be villain of the day 4 u

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

gently caress this is tempting. I miss eve a lot sometimes?

though, can I get a verbal contract from the leadership of goon that they'll never doxx people over this game? it was a "thing" in the main evegoon organization and I ran the gently caress away after that came out.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Famethrowa posted:

gently caress this is tempting. I miss eve a lot sometimes?

though, can I get a verbal contract from the leadership of goon that they'll never doxx people over this game? it was a "thing" in the main evegoon organization and I ran the gently caress away after that came out.

yeah, about that....

Edit: It wasn't leadership but there was a doxxing today and the perpetrator was immediately banned.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

jabro posted:

yeah, about that....

I mean, leadership hasn't doxxed anyone! :negative:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I mean, leadership hasn't doxxed anyone! :negative:

TBH the week just started so who knows what is in store!

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

In the last thread, someone coined the latest stepdown as goons being Remedialed. That is a chilling prophecy as that means there would be a "mittani'd" very soon to follow, as iirc in 2007 Remedial's successor, The Mittani, quit soon after.

:munch:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
where do i sign up to lead a splinter corp

Ch4ot1cEv17
Sep 16, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

where do i sign up to lead a splinter corp

Step 1: Join existing Corp and get leadership position (NOTE: Should be instant, if not scream incoherently in discord, and blame others for your problems... It's worked before...)

Step 2: Follow "NOTE" from above step regardless of completion in said step.

Step 3: Steal all Corp wallet funds and exit without saying a word. (Alternatively, call people Nazi's, or other disparaging names/terms on the way out the door. Doesn't matter really...)

Step 4: Find random pubbies and tell them they can be REAL GOONS(tm) if they join you. (If they don't, complete alternate Step 3 section then demand compliance.)

Step 5: Enjoy new fully funded "rEaL gOoWnS" Corp...

Estimated time to complete? 24 hours (or less if you are really dedicated).

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm just waiting for the next leader to mandate that we click on their real estate and dating site links

kaizier
Jul 21, 2004

Just spend all your isk on space hookers and blow. That what I do.

Ponchy
Dec 11, 2007

King of Beans.
This thread is ok, but mostly looking forward to the next one.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
As your new corp CEO I can promise that I will
  • not steal the corp wallet
  • Install a libertarian eutopia
  • Make Eve great again (MEGA)
mom and dad fight a lot Sept 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

As your new corp CEO I can promise that I will
  • not steal the corp wallet
  • Install a libertarian eutopia
  • Make Eve great again (MEGA)
mom and dad fight a lot Sept 2020

OK we are gonna put you on the spread sheet.

As it looks right now you'll be up sometime in the 3rd week of September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Blind Rasputin posted:

So if I’m playing solo and starting out new, does it not matter what system I do the missions in? Should I move to a system with a good market first?

Unless you're paying for Omega, you'll want to set yourself up in a Trading Post station. Market transactions are severely limited on Alpha clones.