Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I only recently realized that module names and descriptions are not really reflective of what they so - eg the sentry drone damage rig actually works for all drones.

Does anyone know for armor plates, does it actually increase mass / increase inertia / decrease speed like the description states? None of these attributes are in the actual stat change section but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not reflected there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Romeo Charlie posted:

Jazz why is it that you find yourself running these MMO games? Is the leadership pool in SA that shallow?

Specifically because I don't want to. People who want to lead never should.

Armithir
Jul 2, 2008
The Wheel of Fate is Turning. Rebel 3, action.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Rynder posted:

Does anyone know for armor plates, does it actually increase mass / increase inertia / decrease speed like the description states? None of these attributes are in the actual stat change section but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not reflected there.

They increase mass. A Mk1 100mm Reinforced Steel Plate on my Talwar increases mass from 1,650,000t to 1,685,000t.

kaizier
Jul 21, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

OK we are gonna put you on the spread sheet.

As it looks right now you'll be up sometime in the 3rd week of September.

drat put me on the list, as CEO I will spark as much drama as possible while passing the blame on Clefairy. Oh and as supreme Chancellor I will disband the Senate and build a galactic empire.

Oh yeah and every Tuesday will be taco Tuesday.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaizier posted:

drat put me on the list, as CEO I will spark as much drama as possible while passing the blame on Clefairy. Oh and as supreme Chancellor I will disband the Senate and build a galactic empire.

Oh yeah and every Tuesday will be taco Tuesday.

Ok I’ve got you down on this list and quite frankly the taco Tuesday idea bumps you up a notch.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

valador made the first thread and it was about ten days before that all collapsed
tremek made the second thread and it wasn't even a week before he was stealing the wallet and leaving
now the jazz shark has made the third thread. how long will it be?

Romeo Charlie posted:

Jazz why is it that you find yourself running these MMO games? Is the leadership pool in SA that shallow?

anyone with two brain cells to rub together will realize that trying to lead whole outfit, that accepting responsibility for all this, is about the most poisoned chalice in this entire game

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Aug 31, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nakieon posted:

In the last thread, someone coined the latest stepdown as goons being Remedialed. That is a chilling prophecy as that means there would be a "mittani'd" very soon to follow, as iirc in 2007 Remedial's successor, The Mittani, quit soon after.

:munch:

We did get the titan manifesto out of the first mittani reign.

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"
I seriously and 100% unironically think the biggest issue we are currently facing is our name.

Are we really going with "Goosefleet," and not "Untitled Goosefleet?"

Untitled Goosefleet is the vastly superior name.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Best $5 I've ever spent.

$15 if you count :10bux:

Semblance of a game? Yes!

Plus, you'll get Game of Thrones seasons 1-8, distilled down into two VERY FUN weeks.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Happysafer posted:

I seriously and 100% unironically think the biggest issue we are currently facing is our name.

Are we really going with "Goosefleet," and not "Untitled Goosefleet?"

Untitled Goosefleet is the vastly superior name.

i think the name is still entirely up in the air since no reason to get an alliance versus a ton of sick ships for everyone at the moment. feel free to push for that name cuz i bet people will go for it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Goons with Thumbs was the name I heard going around? Seemed good.

Happysafer
Feb 12, 2007

"You idiots!"

esto es malo posted:

i think the name is still entirely up in the air since no reason to get an alliance versus a ton of sick ships for everyone at the moment. feel free to push for that name cuz i bet people will go for it

I will dissolve the alliance and steal all the PLEX if Untitled Goosefleet isn't the name.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Happysafer posted:

I will dissolve the alliance and steal all the PLEX if Untitled Goosefleet isn't the name.

This is true leadership. You have my caracal, commander :patriot:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
bring more drama

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
If there were an alliance, would that make it possible for those of us who joined the wrong corp (XBUX) to get in on all this sweet discounted ship action? There's a lot of talk about cool stuff and I'm in a corp that doesn't even have offices anywhere.

Or should I just wait three days until I end up being a CEO somewhere because of the inevitable failure cascade?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

[HONK] Untitled Goosefleet

Just use Soviet propaganda with the goose photoshopped in.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

If there were an alliance, would that make it possible for those of us who joined the wrong corp (XBUX) to get in on all this sweet discounted ship action? There's a lot of talk about cool stuff and I'm in a corp that doesn't even have offices anywhere.

Or should I just wait three days until I end up being a CEO somewhere because of the inevitable failure cascade?

i dont think theres any real differences between xbux/groon/whateve new corp is gonna be in terms of who can get what, do what, etc. all the same boat baby

CardiacArrest
May 7, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

[HONK] Untitled Goosefleet

Just use Soviet propaganda with the goose photoshopped in.

Going to be deliciously ironic having a goose goose-stepping on soviet propaganda after what went down in discord the last 2 days.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It just doesn’t ring much like goonfleet or goon anything really. But it’s a funny name. Pro Goon Control is a better name.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Blind Rasputin posted:

It just doesn’t ring much like goonfleet or goon anything really. But it’s a funny name. Pro Goon Control is a better name.

i think the point was to distance ourselves from the goonfleet name/brand because of the whole eve online thing

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I think part of whats going on is that there's this mad scramble amongst pubbies for the goon branding due to EO. Most of them are unaware of or confused by the idea that SA is somehow required in any way. Adding to that we also have our former crazyass J4G CEO who is now angrily insisting that SA is toxic, and not at all required to be rightfully called a goon, as if that name is some magical talisman ensuring video game space dominance. There's also going to be diplomatic confusion over who is the real goon corp and who is the fake one.

So we're kind of laughing at them for caring so much about a label and we're probably doing something else.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

yeah what rigel said. it seems like the whole "goon" thing in eve has cemented itself in the public consciousness as "those guys who own half of eve for the past ten years" and not anything to do with something awful.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
I may go through the old threads and write a short story piece with all of the drama that has happened so far for future goons to enjoy.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

ordering bot is back up for orders, come get your ships. Doing what I can to keep costs down and everyone shooting pixels again.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Remember to never stop posting

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Weird Uncle Dave posted:

The discounted ships are just a bot in discord, doesn't matter what corp you're in. Now that xbux has paid off its debt I assume we'll set up hangars pretty soon.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I think having a clean break from EO and going with a goose theme might be nice. Like others have said who cares what the pubbies think or get confused about.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

yeah if any corp wants to use the bot its fine, the proceeds will be used for subsidizing ships for goons.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
but are you going to steal the wallet

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Looks like this thread is corp-agnostic per Jazz, so fyi New corp and new thread is up, separating messaging and intent in the separate thread for everyone's sake.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

no one cares about a goon fuckers corp

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Foehammer007 posted:

but are you going to steal the wallet

no I delegate people out for that. We don't do things in leadership but delegate

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Khris Kruel posted:

no one cares about a goon fuckers corp

We hold these truths to be self-evident

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Tremek posted:

Looks like this thread is corp-agnostic per Jazz, so fyi New corp and new thread is up, separating messaging and intent in the separate thread for everyone's sake.

Please stop. We're just trying to shoot spaceships together without pubbies.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Is your thread not getting enough attention that you have to come get attention here?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tremek posted:

We hold these truths to be self-evident

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Don’t import your dumb drama.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Gonna repost this from the gas thread, info on how our economy works

Hello Goons, I am KrisWolfe, your friendly Communist Means of Production Leader. Now that we have some room to breathe, here’s how we’re building ships, how you fit in, and the future vision.

In short, goons need boats. Boats need to be built (or bought). Building boats requires resources (minerals & PI). Resources require isk & button pushing.

The initial isk/materials for MEANS was donated by me, KrisWolfe, knowing that goons would need a strong economy when the game started. We didn’t expect valador to implode so quickly, but we began building an economy for goons from the game’s beginning.

All isk and materials left over from ship sales to pubbies or donations go to paying the 3 Roles, acquiring building resources, & building more ships. In the interest of transparency, Ihave recorded every transaction in google worksheets for any goon to see where every penny of isk and tax is going into the goon economy.

Goons Need Boats
Duh.

Boats Need Built (or Bought)
Somehow, we have to get our hands on boats. We can build boats internally cheaper than we can buy them, so we built a process to build boats. That process is MEANS.

Building Boats Requires Resources.

-Minerals can be bought off the market or mined from asteroids in the game
-PI can be bought off the market, or they can be made through the Planetary Interaction that every player in the game can make passive. You pick a planet, it makes the goods, and shoots it into space when you’re ready to pick it up.

The 3 roles exist in Means of Production to acquire Minerals & PI for two reasons:

1. Make MEANS self-sufficient so as NOT to rely on Goon donations.
2. Those that enjoy industry can have fun, and get paid to do it. Getting resources isn’t fun for everybody, so Goons shouldn’t have to slave over minerals if they don’t want to.

The first role is the Trader/Hauler.
To buy minerals/PI on the market, you can place a buy order. Every buy order comes with a broker fee, which trading skills reduce. It starts at 8% and maxing accounting, advanced accounting, and expert accounting gets you down to 5%.

Example:
I’m charged 8% to put out a buy order for Tritanium for $10. That means, I’m actually paying $10.80.

If we’re just buying resources off the market, we’re agreeing to LOSE 8% of our entire economy. I’d rather put 8% towards creating ships for you to lose AFK ratting.

This is where Trader/Haulers come in. Trader/Haulers arrange SELL orders with resource supplier pubbies. WE PAY ZERO FEES TO ACCEPT SELL ORDERS. The seller pays the fee. These sell orders also cost less than the buy orders.

Sell orders = cheaper & NO FEES.

Trader/Haulers just put the 8% back into the goon economy.

The Trader/Hauler will usually have a cash budget from Means and will go out and get these buy orders. You can see the entire economy from anywhere in the game. You can be in VFK and purchase goods in Jita. There’s hundreds of small sell orders from players putting their small personal stock on the market for cheap, and Trader/Haulers will view our spreadsheet to see what we need and go out and purchase those sell orders, collect them up, and bring them to Amarr, our base of operation.

Once there, the hauler will contract the goods that we need at either Average Price that we have acquired all of our goods, which updates in real time, or if they want to give and donate to the goon economy, they can sell for cheaper or to donate. The individual goon will grow their own isk by the difference in those two prices that they sold to us and they acquired, and this will help fuel ships for the economy, as you just allowed us to get those goods for cheaper than if we had done a buy order.

Next up is the miner. I hope I don’t have to explain this very much, but we will have mining ops where goons can go and mine, or you can mine on your own and refine. You then haul it to Amarr and contract at the average price that we have, bringing isk into your own wallet.

Lastly for the good acquisition, is the goon who does import/exporting. There are corporations and individual mineral suppliers out there with VOLUMES of goods, waiting to flip for a profit. Your job is to go out there and negotiate good contract prices for us. This can literally be done without playing the game, since it’s mostly through discord.

Eventually, these sales goons will get commissions once we figure out how much this is growing the economy, but for now we have them run missions while negotiating large mineral deals.

These goons are also in charge of sales. There are a large number of corporations that need ships to ram into each other and blow up, so that they need even more ships. We need goon whisperers in their ears, telling them we can make 150x coercer II’s in a day (we can and did).

Be a closer.

Whales Playing Pokemon
There are also individual “whales” out there that just wanna dump $1000 into the game and have the best ship. There are 7 faction frigates currently available to be built, and these whales wanna collect them all. We need people out there looking for them and to get them to buy from us. (We also sell to goons).

All three roles did their job, now what?
So, we have all these minerals and PI in Amarr, and we spent a bunch of isk to get it all. What do we do with that $10 that we acquired?

Blueprints
Every ship in this game is a 1-run blueprint. You cannot have permanent blueprints. How do we acquire blueprints? It’s through Invention. When you go mission running or ratting, your enemies will drop Wrecks...each one is a different level and value. There are also Datacores out there from encounters that need to be looted. Invention works by combining the wrecks and datacores into a blueprint, with a chance for failure. This chance for failure will decrease as you skill into it, and each faction/race has a different skill.

So how can you help acquire blueprints? Even if you’re not in Means, you can sell the wrecks/datacores to us! This will help decrease the cost of acquiring a blueprint, since our only other option is to buy them off the market, and they can be expensive. This is where our science Goons shine in our Goon Economy. We get all these wrecks/datacores, and we make blueprints that we need to make ships.

Using the MEANS of Production
Once we have the blueprint and the minerals, it’s time to produce, which is what our producer goons are doing. The more you skill into production, the less it costs to make. The Material Efficiency starts at 150%, which is A LOT, and you can skill it down to a max of 95%, which is not a lot.

So now I have $10 of materials ready to produce. But hang on, that $10 that cost the goon economy to build a ship is worth $20 on the market? Well guess what. The markup we charge is 10%, because we want to grow the goon economy. If I make 4 Mallers at $10, and sell to you at $10, I’m stuck at only being able to make 4 Mallers. But, if I sell at $11 to goons, with all the pubbies pushing their face against the glass being pissed they have to buy at $20, then every sale will grow the goon economy. After we sell 10 Mallers, we can make 5 Mallers.

You get into cheap boats, and we grow our ability to acquire more resources to build more boats. Imagine a snowball, cause that’s what we’re doing.

With more goon economy, we can have more ships being produced constantly, and we can destroy our enemies by throwing ships at them all day.

Supply chains win wars.

An Alternative
We can sell to goons at cost. But the other corps will have to donate to the goon economy in order to snowball. The economy cannot grow if we sell at cost without external forces, so this is also a viable option. The problem is that contracts cost 8% of the isk being transferred, or if its minerals and contracted for free, will lock the resource from being used for however many hours. (Moving 150x Coercer II’s to a hangar to contract out costs 13 hours of lockdown, split your stacks before moving).

That is how Means of Production works. Sometimes it's boring, sometimes it's exciting, sometimes you can land that fat whale and double the size of our economy. I can’t promise exciting gameplay, but if you want to be a cog in our war machine, please apply today!

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Khris Kruel posted:

Is your thread not getting enough attention that you have to come get attention here?

Acting like more then 3 people splintered off in this new "schism"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaizier
Jul 21, 2004

CardiacArrest posted:

Going to be deliciously ironic having a goose goose-stepping on soviet propaganda after what went down in discord the last 2 days.

Soviet goosion