Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Frank Frank posted:

My favorite EE moment so far is when the tutorial missions had you "check out the hitchiker's guide to New Eden" - and when you go to click on it it says, "This is not implemented yet".

That is very on brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Why is the EO thread talking about HONKing? look at these bitches.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Virigoth posted:

Why is the EO thread talking about HONKing? look at these bitches.

goosefleet has a EO wing now, after it came out that goonfleet was full of sex pests at the top

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Go RV! posted:

goosefleet has a EO wing now, after it came out that goonfleet was full of sex pests at the top

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

honk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

Go poo poo up the other thread. No one wants you here and you don’t play EE

Edit: Oops! Looks like you have some more work to do you big loving dummy. Guess you’d better get on that huh!

lovely tuna snatch posted:

Nobody cares about your killboard efficiency you dummies.

You have 160 people in corp with zero activity. Don't need to pretend you're playing eve, discord warriors.

X up if you male.
Y up if you female.
Z up if other / prefer not to tell.

Weirdos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 26, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

Xenuria? Harassment? Stalking?

this isn't even the place to be talking about this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This thread is for talking about the bad game, not the worse game.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

Everyone that has ever loved you was wrong.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

thats the official goonfleet stance, yes

so you can go back there now

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

And now we return to our normal programming!

This game is so weird...

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

the ante is upped for the person who can do some dumb poo poo thats really funny and start a big war, now 1 saku medal (a huge nod to honk by our japanese friends and probably the coolest visual medal) and 1 machariel courtesy of badran himself

please start a loving war someone

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

esto es malo posted:

the ante is upped for the person who can do some dumb poo poo thats really funny and start a big war, now 1 saku medal (a huge nod to honk by our japanese friends and probably the coolest visual medal) and 1 machariel courtesy of badran himself

Does a war in fountain count or is that just business as usual?

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

esto es malo posted:

Can I declare war on netease

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

k-spar posted:

Can I declare war on netease

One corp tried during the stupid parade event. They got the announcers to read their stated corp goal as “the complete destruction of Netease, the company that runs eve echoes”

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Aramoro posted:

Does a war in fountain count or is that just business as usual?

Please start the war in fountain so I don't have to move my ships too far

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Applied for GOOP in Goosetools, should I apply in-game to GOOP or HONK?

I'm crap at this game so it's probably a net negative either way :v:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

NumptyScrub posted:

Applied for GOOP in Goosetools, should I apply in-game to GOOP or HONK?

I'm crap at this game so it's probably a net negative either way :v:

Honk and get on discord so you can ping slippy all day.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

The goon impersonator Aegon Spengler is up to something sinister again so please watch out everyone. I don’t know what his plan is but suiciding a covops hauler full of POS poo poo into a solo hictor camp in a hot pipe can’t be a good sign for honk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That uh...sure is something. :wtc:

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Sweet new gangtag! \o/

I apologise in advance for being bad at game though :v:

NumptyScrub fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 3, 2022

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
what is this html poo poo

i'll clean it up

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

uniball posted:

The goon impersonator Aegon Spengler is up to something sinister again so please watch out everyone. I don’t know what his plan is but suiciding a covops hauler full of POS poo poo into a solo hictor camp in a hot pipe can’t be a good sign for honk

That must have cost quite a bit of real $$$

Elroy Jetson
Sep 25, 2021

Don't ping me.

I'll log in and start another war nbd

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Some guy I don't even know just sent me a vindicator hull on contract in S-U. I pledge to lose it hilariously.
Wait, I guess you can't really lose hulls in this game. I can't even fly this loving thing yet.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Frank Frank posted:

Some guy I don't even know just sent me a vindicator hull on contract in S-U. I pledge to lose it hilariously.
Wait, I guess you can't really lose hulls in this game. I can't even fly this loving thing yet.

Goose is good, goose is wise.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well I bought a core for the thing with my concord points. Might as well until I can get something with web bonuses on it. Looking at the hull bonuses I’m going to need uh… adv large rail operation V and advance BS command V so that’s going to take me a while.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I finally got to participate in my first fleet op last night and I’ll have you know I scored 1% damage on an arbyco killmail with my 1k+ DPS prophecy. I apparently jumped into the remains of a firefight and nearly got waxed by a carrier. Next time I’m bringing my special snowflake Naga.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Thinking about getting in to EE, does anyone know the state of multiboxed mining? Specifically on PC.

How does it work? Would I need a specific emulator to run multiple instances? How long does it take to get an account into a decent mining ship (covetor?) Do mining command ships have boosts and fleet hangars, large ore holds, etc. Are rorquals in the game or is the orca the best? Also at what point do I have to pay money or can I do this all for free.

HONK is in null, right? Is spod still in null? Are colossal anomalies actually colossal? Echoes is so similar and yet so different from EO

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I can answer some of this but not all. Not a miner.

Yes, both rorquals and orcas are in the game. BPCs for the former run about 600m in Jita with no hulls for sale anywhere. Orca BPCs run about 250m in Jita with the hull itself running around 1.55b so I’d expect a similar (if not higher) markup for the rorqual. Bear in mind that capital ships are still relatively new to EE.

Goosefleet resides in NPC 0.0 (S-U) but it’s a lot easier to get around than it is in EO so you can go wherever. Some folks do have POS’s here and there. As long as you fly gate to gate even in lowsec, you’re basically invulnerable.

E: the Covetor I is a tech level 9 ship so you’re looking at a few months at least before you can get into that hull - but there are other options (you’d need someone more familiar with mining than me to chime in though)

EE: a weird design choice quirk with EE that took me some getting used to coming from EO is that once you own a hull, you literally can’t lose it unless you’re very stupid and fly around without insurance. The game doesn’t just reimburse isk, it literally reimburses the hull + some modules when destroyed to a station of your choosing (with a cooldown)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 15, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

uniball posted:

Also we killed this guy again the other day in N-RAEL in a solo arby and it’s just dawning in me now that it’s the same dude. Huh.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

Yes, both rorquals and orcas are in the game.

Cool, thanks. Do you know whether rorquals have their old on field compression of asteroid ore only? Also how does the "action" of echoes feel compared to O? Pvp, not man vs rock, of course. Since I would expect a mobile game to be fairly slow and clunky.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

EE: a weird design choice quirk with EE that took me some getting used to coming from EO is that once you own a hull, you literally can’t lose it unless you’re very stupid and fly around without insurance. The game doesn’t just reimburse isk, it literally reimburses the hull + some modules when destroyed to a station of your choosing (with a cooldown)

Sounds very similar to the Chinese server...

Thanks NetEase.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

floppyspud posted:

Cool, thanks. Do you know whether rorquals have their old on field compression of asteroid ore only? Also how does the "action" of echoes feel compared to O? Pvp, not man vs rock, of course. Since I would expect a mobile game to be fairly slow and clunky.

I just took a look at the rorqual hull bonuses and Lmao, you’re gonna need someone who knows more about mining stuff than me to answer your questions. It has a looooong list of both role and (skill dependent) hull bonuses. It’s a tech 10 ship ofc and the skills it needs are also tech 9/10 I think (capital industrial ship command and some other skill). You’re also going to need all of the capital ship supporting skills like cap engineering, JDO/JDC (or the EE equivalent), cap defense etc. Those will likely not be cheap either.

With regard to PvP:
A) small scale pvp feels pretty much the same more or less once you get used to the interface.
B) I haven’t seen large fleet action yet and I’m not sure how well the game supports it.

The drone command range thing is funny though and unique to EE. You can sic your drones on a ship and MWD in the opposite direction as fast as you can and the drones will keep attacking even when you’re well beyond control range.

EE: oh and your drones auto-return to you when you warp so lol

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 15, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh and capital ships can use jump gates and fart around in lowsec (I think?) if they want. I had a pretty surreal experience the other evening camping a gate with a hictor, 2 prophecies and uh…2 Naglfars

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Tech 10? Skills 9/10?

I think I'm gonna be learning a lot of stuff, which was one of the best parts of eve. Reading! Is there an eve university website but for echoes? Or just some way to view in-game things out of the game.

And luckily due to onlines rapidly declining player base echoes just looks more and more active. Now I just need someone who multiboxes to teach me the ways, looking forward to hopefully dipping my feet into... whatever this game is.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Bluestacks works fine for multi boxing but again, you’d need someone else to show you the ropes.

Tech levels in EE dictate what hulls you can sit in. There are no racial skills only stuff like, “frigate command” and no learning skills. Hulls are not skill locked - they are gated by tech level. Tech levels run 1-10 and are basically the totally number of SP your character has. Ex: a condor and a crow (called a condor II in EE) are both frigates, but the regular frig is a T1 maybe T2 ship while the inty is T8. Hull bonuses are dictated by (usually) two skills and require some specialization the further up the ladder you go so even if you can technically sit in a hull, you still may have no business flying it.

Interestingly, faction ships have no tech level at all so you could technically park your T1 day-old character in a Machariel assuming you have one, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

Hulls have both role and skill bonuses - some unique to their class (ex: interceptors are immune to bubbles in EE) while the skill bonuses required by the hull drastically influence how effective you’ll be flying it (ex: the vindicator gives web range bonuses for advanced BS command levels and pure damage for advanced large railgun operation).

Then of course you’re going to need all of the supporting skills required to fly whatever ship you want (drone skills, shield/armor reps, MWD/AB) and so on. Highly recommend medium drone skills as a launching point.

There’s a wiki but it’s pretty bare bones. I am on my phone but I’m sure someone else can link it.

It’s definitely a simplified version of EO but I am enjoying it. Also the game runs absolutely/surprisingly great on phones.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Thanks for the info, I sort of understand it? Don't really know why they would remove the t2 ship names though.

Yeah, I was thinking about playing on phone, but I don't think I'd be able to deal with the small screen if I want to play for hours, and it wouldn't be able to multibox as well as my pc (duh) so I just decided to go for an emulator since apparently the devs don't really care.