Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The game is real good and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Missions and mission fleets are the best way to make money! Join up and everyone helps everyone out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I mean, leadership hasn't doxxed anyone! :negative:

TBH the week just started so who knows what is in store!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

As your new corp CEO I can promise that I will
  • not steal the corp wallet
  • Install a libertarian eutopia
  • Make Eve great again (MEGA)
mom and dad fight a lot Sept 2020

OK we are gonna put you on the spread sheet.

As it looks right now you'll be up sometime in the 3rd week of September.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kaizier posted:

drat put me on the list, as CEO I will spark as much drama as possible while passing the blame on Clefairy. Oh and as supreme Chancellor I will disband the Senate and build a galactic empire.

Oh yeah and every Tuesday will be taco Tuesday.

Ok I’ve got you down on this list and quite frankly the taco Tuesday idea bumps you up a notch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

orange juche posted:

This isn't the Eve Online Groon group however you can still fly with them I guess. Pharnakes leads GROO, and I guess he kicked everyone who disagreed with him? Who knows/who cares.

Afaik this is the general EE thread not specific to one Corp. We could try that maybe?

The thread might stay open longer at least

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Uh this thread definitely endorses specific corporations.

Ok well that wasn’t my understanding when this thread was being created but it’s your show man.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Colin Mockery posted:

im in an alpha clone and dont log in, but i want my free coercer ii so that i can shoot things if i eventually do decide to log in

what should i do

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Folks in discord have discovered the wonderful wonderful world of Eve Echoes Twitch streamers, who apparently have no compunctions whatsoever about solo mining in nullsec while broadcasting their exact location to anyone watching their stream. :allears:

Hopefully someone is recording the stream when they get popped.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pixaal posted:

I have suggested when it happens that someone use the twitch clip feature to get the landing to kill as a clip in their channel preserving it so he can wear it with pride. (or flip out and ban the person that made it from his channel which is also funny and will need to be clipped). we should have our own recording though because I think you can hide / delete clips as the streamer.

This is perfect.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

Yeah I pretty much feel the same way. It's silly to have to have each person who runs the mission create up to 9 separate contracts for specific ISK amounts after each mission, in what is a pretty poo poo UI for doing that. On top of that you're also losing ISK to contract fees, which is pretty much throwing away money. If you want the full payout for a story mission you're still going to need to run that multiple times anyway, and with more people in a fleet the number of times needed to run that mission increases a lot.

And lol at adjusting for joining late. The whole thing is hella' complicated compared to "Is it your book? You collect the story loot and payout."

Yeah with the way the game is currently set up it doesnt make much sense to do it any other way than if it’s your book it’s your money.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Colin Mockery posted:

Based on how long the wall of text was when it was first suggested, it really sounded like people who wanted to play more casually for shorter sessions weren't having fun because they weren't playing long enough to get their missions run. Commiefleet seems like a perfectly good way to make sure people don't feel like they're "wasting their time" if their book doesn't get run.

It also wouldn't be so bad if the interface wasn't hot fuckin garbage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Hell yeah dude. Glad to hear my guide is working out for folks. I know I saw you in that one dead-end system, I saw Clefairy in another, and I've seen more blues roaming. Pretty awesome!

(and yep, it was an Inquisitor - Inquisitors drop rig blueprints. Scouts drop datacores. I've always loved Inquisitors no matter where it is because there's always that possibility of expensive rigs, but Scouts in Caldari are serious money)

What’s the fastest ship you can do this in? The C2 with a MWD?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Any destroyer works for your small skills - if you have small drone skills go Algo, missiles Talwar, laser C2, etc. Just fit a MWD and go to town.

That being said, you can't go wrong with an interceptor type ship but you will kill waves slower... but you will be able to beat everyone to every crate. Destroyers beat everyone except intys but they can clear waves faster.

Hope that answers your question?

(My main uses Talwar trainer, my alt uses C2, they both clear about the same time. I covered this in greater detail https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post507790965 if you want to read my full details on this)

(While writing this post I just got 60M worth of rigs in a single Inquisitor. This must mean you are one lucky fella! Get out there!)

This is perfect thank you so much!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

Range is a little more important than overall speed, unless you're stealing from pubbies.

I'm using a dragoon, which has a base speed that is 50ish m/s slower than a C2. However, I have a 30km drone range and stuck missile launchers on it as well. So, I can send the drones off at one target, missiles at another and they both melt almost instantly. This lets me clear out low level complexes crazy fast since I have an almost 30km drone control range and 28ish for missiles. The MWD is great for speeding from loot can to loot can. Otherwise, range is king.

tl;dr: You almost always need to be able to shoot 20km+ if you want to speed run. Beams just don't cut it.

aaand beaten

OK this makes a lot of sense as well!

Edit: Wait how did you get a 30km drone range? I don't see that as one of the dragoon bonuses

Edit2: Ah a drone and missile tracking stuff. Got it!

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Sep 4, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

And a rig I had laying around.

Hmm those can get expensive but I guess the ROI on this is pretty good.

Just don’t get blown up lol

I’m already like 6 million deep at this point. A rig can’t hurt!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

As per my above post, plan to get disconnected and have a cap stable set up where you can leave the armor rep running. I think shield reps turn off when you hit max shield. So, screw that.

The only issue is that at least with the dragoon and probably C2 if you use a MWD / drone and missile tracking you’ve got no slots left.

I can’t imagine these level 1 and 2s hit hard if they even get to you right?

Or is there a piece I’m missing here?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

rocketrobot posted:

I was in a level 3 waiting for a respawn.

Drone mods are low slots. My set up is:
H: 2x missile launchers
M: 2x nos that I never use
L: MWD, Armor Rep, Drone damage module
Rigs: 1x drone range

I have drone 5 and advanced drone 2 or 3 for additional extra range.

Ok this helps I’ll play around with it and see how it feels. I don’t have hardly any drone skills but I could speed a few up for cheap.

Thanks! Seems like there’s quite a few options.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I've noticed that if I play EE for 12 hours the game will close and I have to relaunch it. I'm playing on BlueStacks though, so no idea if that's an emulator thing or a EE thing.

I'd go with a BS thing because I've had it do that to me too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pubbies blowing up level 1 bases is gonna do my head in.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of the drone skills page so you can learn the basic Drone skill.

Yeah...

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

octan3 posted:

It might have been covered already, but is it worth grabbing the cognitive chips if you are happy to throw a bit of money at this?

And if so, is it worth getting the bundle or just the two cheaper chips?

It’s definitely worth it but I’m not really sure how worth it Is to get that last chip.

Kinda depends on how long you think you’ll play as it becomes more worthwhile over time.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaysette posted:

:eyepop:

I’ve made about 100m ISK since learning about high sec anomalies but I’m getting kind of bored with it. Mission running sounds fun but I’m not on consistently enough or for long enough stretches for lengthy goon pve ops. Part of me just wants to load out a stealth bomber and help clear out the horseshoe...

The news missions are decent paydays if you stick to the story stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I can't play EO on my phone or tablet while I'm watching lovely TV either.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

corgski posted:

And here we were worried Netease wasn't going to be like CCP.

Also we need a :netease: smiley - if someone makes one and donates the typical smiley cost to rainn i should be able to poke the bear about getting it added.

The discord one is pretty spot on.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gimme dem skill points.

quote:

Greetings Capsuleers!

1) The rewards from our 30-day community pre-registration event will be issued on Sunday, **September 13 at 00:01 UTC**. All pilots will receive the following:
**2 Medium Ship Skin Packs**
**5 Engineering Rig Packs**
**5 Electronic Rig Packs**
**10 Insurance Vouchers**
**200,000 Skill Points**

2) Also, the second wave of skill point compensation from a previous bug will be issued next **Wednesday (September 16)**.

Thanks for your continued support! @everyone

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also you can get someone to share theirs in chat which surprisingly works!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

It's definitely going to go up even more. I believe it will hit 1mil ISK for each plex in a few months - making ISK is just too easy right now and once all the pubbies and highsec carebears catch onto the money train it's going to skyrocket further.

Theoretically, there's nothing stopping PLEX from hitting EO PLEX price, but it all depends on the ISK faucets in EE vs the ISK faucets in EO.

Yeah I see it going to at least 1 mil.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nakieon posted:

Anybody else notice that story medium nos had a meteoric rise? Used to be around 2m ea, now it's pushing 6m-7m+. Not really sure what's pushing it upwards so much.

poo poo time to sell em!

They aint that much better IMO.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

So what proportion of EE players are actually playing on phone compared to on PC with an emulator?

Probably most of us here play on both but I’d wager a large population of the regular users play on a phone / tablet.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I play a lot of eve on my iPad apparently.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FWIW This dude claims that he had his alliance mass report him and he wasn’t temp banned from it.

https://youtu.be/TthVkzTvrzA

He said they did over 1k reports on him. :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Kill faction ships (and post the kill-mail in discord) and you TOO can receive a 3D printed eve ship (of your choice) and a commemorative wood HONK plaque!

drat good job man!

They look so good.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Radio Free Kobold posted:

about 62 days at the earliest

Not counting any free SP we get obv.

Crossing fingers for some extended downtime lol

This little thing is legit though!

Thanks Big Drywall Man!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Mining op was a huge success tonight. Had around 50-60 people total in miners/defense fleets. Even had our new pubbie friends join with us. Looking forward to more in the future when more people are strip mining.

drat sucks I missed that. Hopefully I can get in on the next one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eox posted:

The tag has been uploaded, post your requests and I'll start queuing them up

Tag me

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Haha wasn’t expecting to get picked when I filled out the application.

:shrug:

See if I get into the second round.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fuckin lol

I'm laughing at the thought of that Kill Mail.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Colin Mockery posted:

This is now the second time (in different games) a dev has deleted an allied alliance of ours. :psyduck:

What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

If you set your Maller up with pulse lasers and a plate or two, you can wade in and tank your way through T6 and T7 missions with ease, maybe with one runaway break. If you set it up with beam lasers, three Tracking Computers and an armor repairer for patchwork, you can take out the first tier of story missions solo (Spark of Rebellion, For Freedom, For Patriotism, Super Soft Drink).

Just warp in at 100km, be patient and let them come to you, and start popping small fries like popcorn at about 60km with one TC activation, which is good for two grouped shots. Watch for Elites charging in with MWDs, bug out if you start taking significant armor damage, lather rinse repeat until done.

This is the best advice.

You really only need one plate though. Two Nos and Two armor reps and I'd go with a Red and Blue armor res. You can clear the 5 million missions pretty easy you just need to pay attention a bit more but I've never had even a close call.

Just don't fly drunk and its easy peasy.