Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm not up to date on anything anymore. I think GROON imploded from the last closed thread, but there's still a hefty amount if people in corp. Is Goosefleet the new corp to go to or is it the same as GROON right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'm just waiting for the next leader to mandate that we click on their real estate and dating site links

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I only recently realized that module names and descriptions are not really reflective of what they so - eg the sentry drone damage rig actually works for all drones.

Does anyone know for armor plates, does it actually increase mass / increase inertia / decrease speed like the description states? None of these attributes are in the actual stat change section but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just not reflected there.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Encounters have recommendations on what tier ship to use, and I've been using a t4 destroyer for t5s easily. T6s are quite a bit harder. From the ship tree I don't see a great noticeable difference between the tier destroyers other than an extra slot or specialized role (sniper, assault).

In EO T2 ships with the same hull have much better resistances which make them viable for harder content, but the resistances in EE are the same across the board. I hardly think an extra midslot makes higher encounters easier to tank. Am I missing something?

Also I understand the sniper ships have a special button that turns them into a sniper platform, making them immobile but having increased range. Is this the same as assault variants? Do they have a special tanking mode or is their gimmick just the damage control bonus?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Hello Sailor posted:

At least twice.

In less than 2 weeks

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Oh good only 4-5 posts here today. Last time there was 100+ in the course of a day the corps blew up.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Are you limited to one planet for PI if you're Alpha?

The planetary skill at level 3 or 4 let's you do 2 planets, so alphas are maxed at 2.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Where do you think the t7 assault destroyers will settle in price once they start getting manufactured? I dumped all my free sp and training time so far in destroyers and small rails / drones because I am stubborn and I don't like how the vexor looks.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Is it bad form to jump from xbux to Goosefleet?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I fell asleep in an anom and woke up just in time to see my ship lose structure and explode.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Im disappointed at how stable the corps are right now.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I logged into EO after 7+ years and I was still in groon, with a sad last corp mail from 2 years ago saying they were the last one out and to turn off the lights. It was pretty sad.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Saw a cringy reddit post about EO where some guy is furious that he got that goondor Mittani email and he's gonna resub just to fight against them. And the rest of the comments are invoking GDPR... all the while it was an automated email from the forums that they got a PM? Jesus people are dumb.

If I ask in the EO thread I'll probably get some propaganda that things are fine, and i don't want to dig through youtube "war news". The tone of the email seemed pretty desperate - is it safe to assume that the EO goons are likely going to lose their war?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Still, this is the EE thread, not the EO one.

Yup sorry, just wanted a quick overview of what was happening - thank you.

For EE stuff - does it even matter re the autopilot fix? no one should ever be safe in null (the whole attention thing is a non issue I think; if you are flying in null then pay attention to your phone). afaik the sentry guns in lowsec still instapop everything. I guess I could see an argument that the sentries should never be tankable to balance out the autopilot fix.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I haven't been scrambled yet but it actually sets your speed to 0? That seems like a bug.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I almost got caught in what looked like a low sec gatecamp in my canyue earlier today, but I fit a full suite of stabs when travelling so suck it campers

Patch notes on the discord say they're increasing sentry range but I dunno if that fixes it

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I don't know about the newest autopilot change were it waits for you to load in. Everything is so much slower now.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
I'll take a tag.

Speaking of, any new news or meltdowns on velator / vichy GoonFleet?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Has anyone complained about the one hundred million startup screens you need to get through just to get to the game?

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Assuming people are abusing (or not, depending on the devs intent) the ship replacement system, is it fair to say it's messing with the market? So if person A loses their 3 bil faction battlecruiser and it's immediately replaced, that's 3 bil worth of materials that doesn't move through the market to replace the ship.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Wonder what the rationale was to give ventures an autolock scanres in the first place. Those veld rocks don't really warp that fast.

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
wake me up when walking in stations is implemented

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Do those high tech toilets from japan come with USB outlets and a power breaker for the eventual overload? Maybe program the toilet to mine on an alt account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
STAR CANNON sounds way cooler than sentries