Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I've been impressed with the stability of our leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Keegers posted:

So can we revote alliance name? Was goosefleet even the highest voted name? I missed the fireside.

Yeah we will have a vote for it. We're not making the alliance tomorrow or anything so there's plenty of time to allow for a vote.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

People who have experience successfully leading goons have been brought in to see if we can make it more than 7 days without a leadership collapse.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We ran out of goons to steal the Corp wallet so we brought in Jazz to send it to pubbies.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I think having a clean break from EO and going with a goose theme might be nice. Like others have said who cares what the pubbies think or get confused about.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tremek posted:

We hold these truths to be self-evident

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Don’t import your dumb drama.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Pussy Snorkel posted:

I am not in any kind of command position but can I be next to steal the wallet? Or do I need to get in line? How does this work?

There’s a tab in Kris’ production spreadsheet where you can sign up to steal the wallet.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

New Corp [HAUS] Grover Haus has been created for overflow. Check discord (in the op) for more info. We still control XBUX and will continue to make new corps as needed. It’s unfortunate that one person has decided to make life for the average goon difficult, but we now have leaders who have actually led goons in other games and are significantly less likely to break down in under a week.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

orange juche posted:

If Kris goonfucks I would be extremely upset, because from what games I've played with Kris, he's an extremely upstanding goon who just loves to upset pubbies and wreck their game in the most inventive ways.

He figures out how to break the game over his knee and it's great to watch, even better to participate in.

Yeah while we were falling all over ourselves for the last few weeks Kris was putting together what is now the heart of goon industry.

I can also vouch that kris has been fun to play with in other games and is dedicated to breaking games for the benefit of goons.

PleasantDirge posted:

Please to link?

It’s in the op: https://discord.gg/a6r69uf

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Popete posted:

I'd like to cut out the middleman of joining a corp. Who do I give my wallet to currently?

You’re not getting out of the 24 hour cooldown that easily.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Aubergine Mage posted:

I might wind up playing this for a while if it doesn't wind up spectacularly imploding like everything else goons touch.

I have some bad news for you.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Free Coercer 2 distribution has begun - check discord for details.

Goonunism delivers!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Tremek posted:

Because you either quit the game a hero or poopsock long enough to become the villain, and there's a lot of tears itt. Come at bro

You sure proved us all wrong by *checks notes* stealing from goons and joining a racist corp.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Gang tags? I hope I got the sizes right. :ohdear:

With coercer

without coercer

With coercer.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Goose tag and keep Only Trust Your Fists please!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Actually getting free poo poo is my birthright and I refuse to stand idly while you send me ridiculous requests like “post more than once a decade” or “ask someone to send a message”.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

corgski posted:

I’m currently recruiting for Goosefleet Extreme actually, we need a team of elite gamers with cross-MMO experience to thoroughly teabag the existing eve players. Just send 3bil isk to Marquit Alte in EO to cover the cost of background checks and we’ll get started.

Alpha, Rita’s escaped! Recruit a team of teenagers with attitude!

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

corgski posted:

I just caught up on that and :yikes:

My dream is still to one day encourage geese and our general principles (1. be awful. 2. don't say slurs you loving idiots) to make the jump to pissbucket eve, but that might be a pipe dream with how many goddamn supercaps are in the game now.

The nice thing about toilet eve is that it's a brand new start for both eve and for goons. I haven't logged into EO for maybe 6 years or so and I have no plans to log in again. When toilet eve first came out I had some thoughts of maybe trying EO again too, but the number of "EO Goons" who have tried to join the featheration without an SA account has shown me that "EO Goons" are really just a bunch of pubbie dumbos.

I get that they want their ~~Space Empire~~ but being a rotting carcass of pubbies with some goons sprinkled on top for flavor isn't for me.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Snowmankilla posted:

Do you need to be smart for this game? I played politics and war because it is not for smart people. I just want to make serious people cry?

The politics and war goons are literally in charge of toilet eve now and we are doing everything we can to make things as easy as possible for goons.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

We don’t have a lot of rules but “gently caress nazis” is definitely one of them.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

wolfs posted:

game is fun

i got blowed up in my free omen this morning trying to do a deadspace with people, but that's life in toilet eve, baby

e: if a goon magician could figure out how to do deadspaces in destroyers or frigates or something i'd happily never use a cruiser again

It's possible, you just need to flood the deadspace with more ships than the rats can lock. The first few days of the game we were running deadspaces with dozens of coercers.

I think we don't do that anymore because they die faster to a fleet of omens and since omens are free anyway who cares.

All of that said, if you show up to a deadspace in a coercer no one is going to care. Just warp out/warp back in the second anything tries to target you.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Bird posted:

Imagine joining a community, posting on its discord, asking questions, running in fleets, and even creating a little propaganda poster in the same discord. Then you are banned for no reason, no questions, no recourse.

I liked being in Goosefleet. I am upset that I don't get to be anymore because I enjoyed it. It sucks that I have to find something else to do to unwind at the end of the day. I doubt I can find a fleet as active as yours.
I also know that after being branded a "spy", there is literally no way for me to play in Goosefleet anymore.

I guess my feelings were a little hurt and I, in an immature moment, decided to come onto this thread that lead me to Goosefleet in the first place (from the GSF forum post) and poo poo it up. Sorry everyone. It sucks to be wrongfully accused of something and suddenly banned for no loving reason. I hope it doesn't happen to you or anyone else who joins.

You’re doing a great job of showing future goon gaming groups that you’re a huge meltdown weirdo.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Bird posted:

I don't think I will be banned for imaginary spying in any other game, so I think I'm good.

How would anyone react after spending time and money on something only to be banned for no reason? If the game is serious enough to ban someone on suspicion of spying, aren't the people playing seriously invested in it in some way? I mean, I liked being in Goosefleet enough that I made propaganda for it.

I've been shut out of a major aspect of the game that I enjoyed, after spending my time and money developing that character/hobby.

I really don't think I'm too out of line.

You have a single post outside of this thread for 14 years. Maybe you could try being a part of our community instead of melting down in the toilet Eve thread?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Remember That Time you burned a 10 year old spy account to post something that's been posted half a dozen times already?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I was thinking about this last night, because it happened in PnW, too.

I think the formula is free stuff + silly theme + community standards. Then, war dec racists and you're off to the races.

Winning is nice, but there's something especially freeing about playing for content that makes all enemies far less intimidating. Because what is there to lose? I get a fun game with a fun community that works together, and enemies that tag themselves.

"Honk is friend" sums it all up.

Yeah I'm flying around in a free coercer navy issue running scouts/inquisitors or jumping into my free omen to shoot deadspaces. I've got hundreds of millions of space bucks even after putting omega and the neuroscience skill chips on my characters. Money doesn't even matter, I just do fun poo poo with fun people.

Is this the collapse that we were warned about?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Now that we're all rolling in deadspace bux I highly recommend getting a BATTLE VENTURE.

This can literally be you, to every other venture in vale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCpYqWAIwFA

honk

Context for potential new honkers - miners in nullsec are skittish fellows, as combat ships often try to blow them up. They typically leave their guard down when other mining ships show up though.

Enter the Battle Venture - a mining ship equipped with missiles and special equipment to keep other ships from warping off as your loving barrages of missiles embrace them. As an added bonus, the venture gets a boost to locking onto space rocks for mining, but this boost also applies to locking your warp scramblers and missiles onto other ventures, meaning you can lock and hold someone in a battle venture faster than you can in most combat ships.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 4, 2020

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

OniPanda posted:

B-but I was told there's nothing in W-U. IS LEADERSHIP LYING TO US? WAS SSH ACTUALLY RIGHT?!

Under no circumstances should anyone go to W-U. There is nothing in W-U.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Is high sec anom farming generally better than high sec missions?

High sec anomalies got discovered by pubbies and there may have been a nerf to them on top of that so they’re not great anymore. If I was a new player I’d laser fit a coercer II or coercer navy issue and head out into null space and grind out anomalies in a base 1 or base 2 system to try and trigger scouts or inquis to spawn. If you’re not new I’d do the same but for lvl 4 bases.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Do both.

Rack up the common story encounters, then every once in a while refresh the news feed to see if any rare ones you need show up.

I just sold about $150 mil worth of T8 storybooks this week. It's crazy.

I think the big thing is there’s several ways to make hundreds of millions fairly easily, so choose what you enjoy because it’s a game and you should be having fun while playing it.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I like to imagine that one person is logging into their 87 alts individually to find and report the newest edition of Honklights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

Ten missions later I’m stuck in an infinite loop of prompts to open and close my inventory :shepface:

Congrats you finally learned how to play eve.