Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm almost afraid to ask. What name did you go with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm ready to enter grover haus

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I mean you can get away with lots of different kinds of slurs in EO comms and nobody seems to care.
edit: I'm not implying that this is a good thing

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I watched some footage from "big" battles, and it looks unplayable right now once you get close to 150ish ships

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Just work up to buying the first two with isk. Don't bother with the last chip at this point. The reason to get the last chip was to be ahead of the race to higher tiers, but if you didn't buy that chip in the first week, its not going to be worth it now.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Zabba51 posted:

I'm in it. Waiting on my 24h cool down period to to be able to apply. Didn't realize the drama while moving and didn't notice something was wrong until wafe was in a alliance by itself. Yes I guess I am slow.

How are you enjoying the *checks notes* ...website

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Khris Kruel posted:

Yes, we have an auth team and its manual auth, so people empty posting in this thread for gdn won't be getting in.

This isn't fair. I bought those 40 SA accounts with 0 posts all reg'd on the same day with real money from a guy who assured me I would be able to use them for just this kind of thing.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
It was a confusing 3 to 7 days

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Khris Kruel posted:

apparently 8 gigs of ram ain't enough for bluestacks so using a phone

Kris just buy another stick of ram its like 20$ You'll be able to open more than 10 tabs in chrome

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
God I wish I'd pushed harder to make the leadership channel read only for everyone.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
It doesn't appear to be imploding, I'd say its only just getting started

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

I thought the black hand was supposed to be good at planting dissent among the ranks of their targets

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
All because they couldn't be bothered to register with the bot.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
If good posting is a requirement then someone made a mistake accepting your app orange juche

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Khris Kruel posted:

so to get everyone an opsec free AAR of what happened today.

SHH kept pushing back their alarm clocking to try and take the gatecamp grid. VVV didn't really believe us when we said they were coming for the grid 3 hours prior to the timer, well now they know. We tried.

To break the gatecamp, they switched to autocannons on all of their stabbers. We lost the gatecamp pretty handily, which gave them a large ego boost as they sat on the station camping it for 2 hours.

During those two hours our operations was in full swing working strategy with all our allies. SHH never switched back to strike cannons, keeping their fits and thinking there was no way they could lose now. They had the grid and could blow up anyone on the undock. ZTH showed up with a handful of BC's to help.

VVV was running psyops in local, saying they had no FC and that it was chinese holiday, they just wanted to shop. We honked in local, which drove them insane, because we just lost a bunch of omens? What do we have to honk about?

All our allies converged at once as the station timer hit. We outnumbered them easily 3:1. Because they were autocannon fitted, NORF was able to snipe the gently caress out of them with their strike cannons on one side, and 200 angry chinese nerds undocked from the station and shot them at close range. They got distracted from the timer and were not able to rush it, and they eventually went for it and whelped into our warm embrace at the station.

We easily held the timer, we destroyed angry space racists, and they began blaming each other on comms as soon as it looked dire.

So what do we do now? Go back to deklein, destroy their bases, destroy their miners, and make sure to post your killmails in local.

NEVER STOP HONKING

I don't suppose you got some juicy leaks from their discord/comms?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Kris you tease

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

BIG DRYWALL MAN posted:

Ever wonder what it's like to completely poo poo your pants and be unable to say you aren't racist?

That guy is having a normal day.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I guess either they don't understand how calling your enemies sjws (as a pejorative) is a bad look, or they are just chuds who have drank from the pondwater of gamergate. Tremek and Bird or whoever is reading the thread from the other side, bail while you still can

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
but kris what if I'm a poor goon who has almost no isk to my name, how can I invest

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Einarr Saltyman posted:

I clicked on the ads and it brought me here

Did you make a new account after clicking the ad?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The EO thread is fun right now, actually playing? I'm not so sure. The few times I've logged in to do fleets its been either cold and sterile or unbearably uncomfortable.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Boomers

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The EO thread has a guy from reddit who has been doing grr goon posts for a while, and his avatar is a goose. I honestly thought at first it was some black hand poo poo to foster resentment and suspicion against goosefleet, but I can be a bit paranoid. It seems to genuinely be a coincidence or something.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Nothing would happen. The EO thread is a nightmare most of the time. I got poo poo on for pointing out problems in the imperium, and just got jumped with loads of disingenuous poo poo. Orange juche in particular being a poo poo.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Not since the start of the war.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I mean, the "China Man Bad" folks had people who were in illum, so it wouldn't surprise me if mittens had friends with PAND or SHH or whatever.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

orange juche posted:

Nah, he knows how to organize folks for real, don't let your dislike of the dude get in the way of that. However, he's probably not going to do that when it's much easier to sit there and collect tithe from an esports idiot. He has zero reason or desire to get involved in toilet eve, said so in the screenshot, so as far as i can tell he's just grifting a bunch of idiots who are thirsty for mittani to be in their discord, which is a whole layer of entertainment unto itself.

Or he has friends in SHH and is helping them out. Since that's what he actually said. Why do you have to make up fiction to pretend this is a good look.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
By friends I mean members of illum, who have demonstrated lovely racist/homophobic behaviour.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Careful Kris. You pointed out that GSF in eve might be problematic. I hope you have proof or orange juche will have a meltdown.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I'm not sure why people refuse to examine who they play/consult games with, to see if they are actually racist or homophobic or generally politically lovely. Especially when it's being called out. You aren't supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt and say if they are "being racist shitags I would be shocked". It's really telling to me when the defenses of these groups focus so heavily on racism and ignore homophobia and other bigotry, in favor of only overt racism. I guess if you narrow your definition you can ignore any actual problematic poo poo.

"The way we purge racist in goonswarm is someone reports the incident to a diplo if they're from an allied group, we investigate it and then we commissar the shitbag"

I'm sure that must be more of a suggestion to SHH since it's definitely not what happens in GSF. Maybe for the most obvious racists, but when you ban politics in the biggest chat channel and allow dogwhistles to continue, allow fleet comms to be regularly homophobic and transphobic and engage in the same lovely dogwhistles, then your "way of doing things" is broken.
When I brought this up in the EO thread I got poo poo on hard. I was told I was overreacting, I got questioned over and over to bring up evidence, when I brought it up it was ignored or brushed aside and I was challenged for more and more evidence. I'd expect this sparring with alt right shitbags, not really sure why goons have to go out of their way to insist there definitely isn't a problem in the Imperium. The sad thing is, this sort of stuff could easily be dealt with by leadership, but then again, the POOH guys and a good chunk of their discord are illum members, so I'm not holding my breath.

Perhaps I'm just being holier than thou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Did some self-care tonight and uninstalled eve online. Now I gotta figure out a better emulation solution for echoes than bluestacks, what do yall use that won't melt down my pc?