Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Trying out the anomaly stuff in nullsec (there's usually 0 people staying in most systems. Is it just the timezone or is that normal?)

Is there any point in trying to sell datacores (or anything really) in the nullsec trading centers? For example, I'm in Delve and there are no datacore sell orders within 25 jumps. If I list one in the Delve trading center, is there any chance of it actually executing?

Also, I gather that the Blood Raider anomalies drop Amarr stuff, which is less valuable? Should I be going somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

nakieon posted:

Responding to questions in order:

Yes, that is normal in certain parts of Delve, but some parts of Delve are where the chinese alliance calls home, just fly around and you'll get a feel for what places in Delve are very quiet vs not. For me, north, east, middle, and south Delve are pretty quiet although I haven't checked the deep south. The chinese hang out in the west.

I would sell datacores in a main trade hub, which the closest one is Amarr. You can try finding an industrial type guy in your corp to buy them from you but my guess is your industry guys will already have a decent donation rate of amarr datacores such that they don't need to buy it yet. I have no idea what the situation is or what corp you're in. I do not think they will sell at all if you list it in Delve but there's always a possibility of the chinese guys buying it. Try listing a small amount?

Amarr datacores are thankfully going up, they're rising and nearing 100k now. Minmatar nearly 300k, Gallente is nearing 200k, but Caldari bounces between 350k and 400k. So Amarr datacores aint ALL that bad. They used to be legit only 10k or so. I would not go somewhere else if you're doing the "stay in same system and farm the linked anomalies" method. If your system's base is higher level (like T4 or higher) you will make bank if you are patient enough with farming the linked anomalies. Medium Drone BPs (from scouts) and MK2+ rigs (from inquisitors) are absolute paydays (at least most MK2+ rigs are, but Med Drones are always huge at 25-30M value per bpc). If you are farming T1-T3, you'll eventually make money, but very RNG dependent so just keep farming. Thankfully Delve does have the most lucrative rig category as one of it's rig categories: Engineering. If you get CCC rigs you just made a ton of money.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I was based in Amarr previously so I figured would probably have to haul stuff back. But it's been interesting to see what modules/blueprints have any demand in the market, and probably a decent way of learning what stats/functions are important.

Regarding my corp situation, I'm just playing solo in a 1% tax idle corp trying to learn the game. Last time I tried to join the goon corps y'all imploded (again? :v:) but I should probably stop being lazy and reapply.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Friday Deimos posted:

I would like a tag as well, please!

Roughly translated per Google, this means "can't speak English, can only express love" :shobon:

表情 is more like "expression". In this context maybe they mean they can only communicate through emoticons.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Is there any guide to fleet operations for dumb babies? That is, never played an MMO before, or used Discord, or anything along those lines. Like step-by-step hand-holding.

I'm looking at all the talk of pings and different Discord channels and it's all Greek to me.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

trunkh posted:

How viable is toilet eve playing only on a phone? Can much be done? or does it really require BlueStacks to get the most of it?

I play on phone only. Everything is perfectly playable, the only annoyance I've had is getting Discord voice comms to work alongside (had issues with proximity sensor blacking out the screen, top notification bar sticking making it so that I can't touch the overview, and more), but I think I've got that solved now.

Oh, also setting things like orbit range is pretty sensitive.

I refuse to play on emulator or alts based on principle. The principle being: ain't nobody got time for that.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Fake edit: it might depend on how powerful your phone is if you want to run discord alongside the game. I have a OnePlus 8 and I've yet to experience any lag in game, even in fleets ops of 100+ people, or a gate traffic jam with 1000 people slammed into a caracal ball.
I'm playing on a Pixel 3 and had no lag in the Y-Z fight which was like 300+ people at one point fighting, with Discord.
I have all graphical settings on lowest, though.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
waiting for the doubtlessly riveting explanation of how the corporation name "China Man Bad" is "leaning into a meme" that has nothing to do with race

also lmao "JTG"

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
that is not an excuse to call people slurs

that said I think we can agree not to dredge up years-old posts. Can we get it edited out and be done with it?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Necronormiecon posted:

3. Generally poor quality writing and world building. This sucks poo poo because EO was the Morrowind of space games. Echoes is more like... Fallout 3 of space games. I hope this makes sense.

As someone who never played EO... what poor writing? Is there any story content associated with Echoes exclusively?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I also never played EO before.
It's eminently playable and pretty exciting, but you need to have tolerance for learning things in little pieces through a lot of disconnected channels. There's no awesome central repository of information (our wiki is great but you're not going to understand things the first read through).
To me it's basically a puzzle game, where the puzzle is you have seven different sources (none of which answer your actual question) and you need to figure out what's accurate and what's actually important. You feel like a loving esports archeologist playing this thing.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

if you speak/read fluent Chinese and join the diplo team i will personally come to your house and give you a foot massage whenever you want.

this offer is not open to Jazz, who is weird about feet apparently.

does this require eloquence, sound judgment and/or reading reddit?
if not I can help

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

actually... no, it requires none of those things! Maybe judgement but that's sort of arbitrary.

please go visit the recruitment thread and sign up on the discord. let them know you are ready to start international internet spaceship wars accidentally.

To be clear I've been around for a while :v: I'm Redmark#2285 on the discord
Mainly I just want to help make sure we don't accidentally make enemies through the foibles of google translate, like with that one Chinese corp that asked in French if we were declaring war on them

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Gawain The Blind posted:

Wait have you been watching our diplo team chart interuniversal defense treaties using beer and handshake emotes while you are fluent in chinese?
y-yeah :shobon:
to be fair I've offered to help translate several times! But you guys seemed to have it under control from what people said. I've been talking about Chinese stuff since we were in Taisy :v:

Redmark fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Nov 16, 2020

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
The chinese name for swan is Sky Goose :eng101:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
The 4chan alliance wasn't that big so there's not much to win. We harassed their home system a bit.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
obviously the 1v1 at sun is more important, but also we are not moving out of syndicate
it's not like we're joining SHH

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Both the judges are in Honk so winning the contest would be pretty awkward :v:

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I've never played EO but it sounds like a lot more work, you're probably just used to it. Also I'm guessing there are reasons important convenience features like offline autopilot can't be dropped in retroactively.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Traveller posted:

This is just beautiful. :krad:

Logged in after ages, I guess scanning is a thing now? And what's this nanocore stuff? And oh god the medal made it in, the Spanish client says we have EYES OF THE LYNX :black101:

These are translated!?
I guess we can cut NetEase a little slack for taking so long on the medal.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Without the :smug: avatar I must assume that's an imposter.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

esto es malo posted:

i like how the other diplo killed a 9.6b covetor 2 today

my favorite part is how you guys dropped the diplo tag on my name but then I never did any diplo
now that's how you do space leadership

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Double edit: so where do I buy skill books? I have like, frigate defense and some other lame frigate skill and absolutely nothing else. Are AHACs still a thing? Maurauding in a vagabond was probably the most fun I ever had in Eve.

Triple edit: are implants still a thing? I would imagine I’m going to need some learning implants if I’m gonna get up to speed here. Also no learning skills now?

Skill books don't exist (except to give a few levels in certain skills as mission rewards), you just pay ISK through the skills screen for the first level of each skill.
Implants and learning skills don't exist, as well as many other things I'm told exist in EO (ammunition, scripts, highsec ganking, etc.)

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Can I still put a proto cloak on a ship and load it with stabs for travel fit or do I just roll the dice (or wait until I can fly an interceptor here shortly)?

Edit: Looks like at tech level V I can buy a buzzard Heron Covert Ops (seriously, what's with these dumb renames?) and use that to jet over. Seems like a plan. I'll just fart around highsec for another day or so until I hit V and then head over.

Follow-up question - Back in old-eve (if I remember right), you had to buy a special type of cloaking device for CovOps ships. Is that still the case or can I slap any cloak on it?
Autopilot travel is (practically) impervious in lowsec for most ships. For nullsec it depends on the area; you may get hit by bubble camps, but for relatively cheap ships people often roll the dice yes. Once at tech level 8 you can travel offline in an interceptor and be fully safe.

Yes, there's a separate cloak for covops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

reminiscing about the time we snuck in and succ'd a bunch of square rocks from some dorks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMPRsk-foo4&t=5s

"3 years ago"
what the gently caress :negative: