Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

In the last thread, someone coined the latest stepdown as goons being Remedialed. That is a chilling prophecy as that means there would be a "mittani'd" very soon to follow, as iirc in 2007 Remedial's successor, The Mittani, quit soon after.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Squashing Machine posted:

drat, I hadn't thought of that. I'm in the $5 club right now and don't know what happens with that if you try to upgrade to duo.

As an alpha, you start with 30 SPM and 50% empty skilling. Omega Basic gets you 5 SPM and 30% empty skilling. Omega Standard gets you 25 SPM and 20% empty skilling. Duo just gets you both, bringing you to a total of +30 SPM with your Alpha +30 and 50+30+20=100% empty skilling. Since I'm listing all of this, I may as well mention the neuro chips, which gets you +5 SPM each. Having everything gets you +75 SPM

By empty skilling, I mean when you are training no skills, what is the ratio of your SPM to Free SP generation. 100% means... well, 100%, which is incredibly useful if you don't know what you want to skill next or just want to save for something else unreleased yet (Scanning/Command for example)

nakieon fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 1, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I can confirm low/null sec ganking is a good source of pubbie tears. Also loot surprisingly:
Got somewhere around 100 mil in drops.

Amazing. That VNI and ONI must've been so salty. Do you mind sharing your ship and fit?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Nothing special, just an ONI with pulses, 2 faction points, web, mwd, repairer, plate, heatsink.

I'm off all next week, and I think you just inspired me to get a ONI and slam some pubbies. Hell yeah. Awesome stuff man.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Famethrowa posted:

it's like they stripped out all the unfun jank from EVEO and delivered the joy directly. I hope sov space never makes an appearance.

You know, you're totally right. I had quit EO because it just felt like too much information, almost like a sensory overload. It's fun and probably still is, but hot drat EE is just that simple fun part of EO while maintaining all of the fun metagame poo poo

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

nessin posted:

I'm sort of the other way around. I'm sort of waiting through it while training to see how the market settles out but right now it's way too much effort to make money to feel comfortable doing the actual fun stuff for a phone game, if I wanted to put in that much effort I'd rather be playing Eve Online. On top of that while Echoes smooths out a significant chunk of the problem with EO, it just doesn't have the same level of satisfaction when things actually work out, but then again that may change once I can afford to fly and lose a decent ship on a regular basis.

I've been making 5-10M* an hour in highsec farming Scouts/Inquisitors. I wrote a guide for it and everything. You could try doing that if you feel making money is tedious doing t6 ratting or something (which nets you 3M an hour if you're active and alert)

*admittedly only 5-10M in "value", after the 25% tax, the currently incredibly low material costs, and time taken to manufacture inquisitor rigs, it drops in value, but it's basically just a ton of semi-AFK farming for me while chatting on discord and whatnot

nakieon fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 3, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Kaysette posted:

that is... significantly more than i'm making running advanced missions. is the guide in discord somewhere? i can't find it...

I am in Karmafleet corp and discord since I signed up on SA too recently. I shared it to the #friendly-chat channel which goons/allies should have access to but I'll post it here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1agYy1tC_k9QcmEwGu-EN8EEKXTMLGSGbgezlOJruGPM/edit#gid=1817023978

If you get data that is missing in the data sheets, please let me know :) I would like to make a complete compilation of data for our collective benefit. It'd also be great if this could be shared to your discord as it will only make us all more richer and better able to secure Delve (totally don't have an ulterior motive to get more eyes on this thing so Bases stay alive longer and get more data points!)

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

What does this mean?

For example - typically, when you enter a 0.8 or lower system you will see that there are tons of level 2 (or higher level, depending on security level) anomalies but there will be mysteriously a single level 1 base and a level 1 anomaly. I consider the level 1 anomaly a "linked" anomaly because these equal-to-base-level anomalies can become Scouts/Inquisitors (and at level 6 and above in low/null, also Deadspace/Mentor). Repeatedly farm the level 1 anoms if you're choosing to do the first TLDR approach and just about 5-10% of the time it'll spawn as a scout or inquisitor. Clear that.

If you were to clear the level 2 anomalies instead, they will never spawn as Scout or Inquisitor. They will just be small/medium/large, so you want to ignore them.

It gets tricky when all of the solar system anomalies are level 2 and the base is level 2. I don't bother staying to farm in those because you don't know which anomaly is the linked anomaly and there would be 2.

nakieon fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 3, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

orange juche posted:

Think chain farming belts in nullsec back in the day.

im never farming officers again :negative:

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

Thanks guys. I also wasn't understanding why you shouldn't clear bases. It all makes sense now!

No prob, happy to help. I also made a picture on how it all works, it's in a new sheet called PICTURE OF ANOM SPAWNING. Check it out!

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Kaysette posted:

What ship are you using? I’ve got a coercer II and an omen but I’m guessing the cruiser might be slower. I should grab a MWD and zip around in the destroyer like the sheet suggests.

I know you asked someone else but I use a Talwar on my main since I don't have small laser skills, but my alt with Coercer II with faction Beams do just fine. Both the Talwar and Coercer has MWD, but I still get beat by the rare inty. I am honestly unsure which is faster, I think the Coercer II inches ahead on killing things faster BUT it's range is limited, so I can't clear waves while sitting by a cargo crate to start looting as soon as I can. I can do that on the Talwar, but killing is slower. So you're just fine with the C2 as long as you get a MWD - just don't move from spawn (until someone warps in, then absolutely wrestle over the loot and sit by a crate waiting to click loot*).

Cruiser will 100% be slower. I have never lost a cargo crate to a cruiser - only intys or other mwd destroyers. I do not recommend using the Omen for highsec farming where speed is of the essence.

Being on an emulator, sitting on a crate is important for me because it's very fast for me to loot and move on vs mobile players, I do not feel threatened at all when people hang at the crates and try to steal. Hell, I'm doing the stealing most of the time too!

*Don't hover over the loot button, the game appears to have a small delay in recognizing when a crate unlocks after the last enemy dies if you already clicked on a crate in overview to expand the options (like approach, orbit, loot, etc). To avoid this, hover over the crate in overview, as soon as the last enemy disappears from your locked/lockable targets area, press on the crate and click loot. Works everytime for me.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Kaysette posted:

i roamed a bit in high sec and found some good scout/inquis anoms with no competition. i'm currently curating a dead end system with a level 2 base. i've done two inquis anoms here so far. i feel like a gardner. one interceptor hosed my flow up and got two crates but at least these have four crates each.

it begins...

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

I'm now worth 3x what I was yesterday. Datacores are nice; but bring on those rare blueprints! I found a few that are worth 11m isk in a level 2 facility (I think it was an inquisitor).

Encounters can suck it.

Hell yeah dude. Glad to hear my guide is working out for folks. I know I saw you in that one dead-end system, I saw Clefairy in another, and I've seen more blues roaming. Pretty awesome!

(and yep, it was an Inquisitor - Inquisitors drop rig blueprints. Scouts drop datacores. I've always loved Inquisitors no matter where it is because there's always that possibility of expensive rigs, but Scouts in Caldari are serious money)

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

What’s the fastest ship you can do this in? The C2 with a MWD?

Any destroyer works for your small skills - if you have small drone skills go Algo, missiles Talwar, laser C2, etc. Just fit a MWD and go to town.

That being said, you can't go wrong with an interceptor type ship but you will kill waves slower... but you will be able to beat everyone to every crate. Destroyers beat everyone except intys but they can clear waves faster.

Hope that answers your question?

(My main uses Talwar trainer, my alt uses C2, they both clear about the same time. I covered this in greater detail https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3938701&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11#post507790965 if you want to read my full details on this)

(While writing this post I just got 60M worth of rigs in a single Inquisitor. This must mean you are one lucky fella! Get out there!)

nakieon fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 4, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Colin Mockery posted:

i have shot
the pirates
that were in
the base

and which
you were probably
saving
for anoms

forgive me
they HONK HONK
HONK HONK
HONK HONK HONK

:commissar:

Colin Mockery posted:

If you see a pubbie trying to run high-sec anoms, you really should destroy the base they're camping, to help keep prices good for Goons. Relatedly, if you see a pubbie in low-sec, you really should destroy their ship to help keep blueprint prices up.

I agree with this though. Especially if it's a dead-end system with a level 2 or 3 base that a pubbie is farming (obvious if anom count is low) and you weren't gonna stick around for awhile... just salt the earth and leave :slick:

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Stealthgerbil posted:

I think they have some alert for any accounts logged in past a certain time. A bot could log itself out until it gets the autopilot finished notification and log back in though.

Not sure if this is a coincidence, but I've noticed that if I play EE for 12 hours the game will close and I have to relaunch it. I'm playing on BlueStacks though, so no idea if that's an emulator thing or a EE thing.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Redmark posted:

Trying out the anomaly stuff in nullsec (there's usually 0 people staying in most systems. Is it just the timezone or is that normal?)

Is there any point in trying to sell datacores (or anything really) in the nullsec trading centers? For example, I'm in Delve and there are no datacore sell orders within 25 jumps. If I list one in the Delve trading center, is there any chance of it actually executing?

Also, I gather that the Blood Raider anomalies drop Amarr stuff, which is less valuable? Should I be going somewhere else?

Responding to questions in order:

Yes, that is normal in certain parts of Delve, but some parts of Delve are where the chinese alliance calls home, just fly around and you'll get a feel for what places in Delve are very quiet vs not. For me, north, east, middle, and south Delve are pretty quiet although I haven't checked the deep south. The chinese hang out in the west.

I would sell datacores in a main trade hub, which the closest one is Amarr. You can try finding an industrial type guy in your corp to buy them from you but my guess is your industry guys will already have a decent donation rate of amarr datacores such that they don't need to buy it yet. I have no idea what the situation is or what corp you're in. I do not think they will sell at all if you list it in Delve but there's always a possibility of the chinese guys buying it. Try listing a small amount?

Amarr datacores are thankfully going up, they're rising and nearing 100k now. Minmatar nearly 300k, Gallente is nearing 200k, but Caldari bounces between 350k and 400k. So Amarr datacores aint ALL that bad. They used to be legit only 10k or so. I would not go somewhere else if you're doing the "stay in same system and farm the linked anomalies" method. If your system's base is higher level (like T4 or higher) you will make bank if you are patient enough with farming the linked anomalies. Medium Drone BPs (from scouts) and MK2+ rigs (from inquisitors) are absolute paydays (at least most MK2+ rigs are, but Med Drones are always huge at 25-30M value per bpc). If you are farming T1-T3, you'll eventually make money, but very RNG dependent so just keep farming. Thankfully Delve does have the most lucrative rig category as one of it's rig categories: Engineering. If you get CCC rigs you just made a ton of money.

nakieon fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 5, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Radio Free Kobold posted:

here is a map of tribute annotated with the anomaly levels, courtesy of the sheep:

Should I be concerned with W-UQA5 being left out on that map? For some reason I imagine some sort of horror story occurred when visiting that system and no one wants to talk about it

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Tonight has been a good source of salt.

"no hard feelings" but he messaged you :smug:

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Kaysette posted:

:eyepop:

I’ve made about 100m ISK since learning about high sec anomalies but I’m getting kind of bored with it. Mission running sounds fun but I’m not on consistently enough or for long enough stretches for lengthy goon pve ops. Part of me just wants to load out a stealth bomber and help clear out the horseshoe...

Ha, I feel that. I made my first 1B in plex off high sec anom farming but after publishing the guide I honestly just.... can't anymore. I've sinced moved to duo storyline running since I have 2x combat characters and Mallers are just amazing. I'm not so sure I'd recommend them solo though, because as a solo you just have too many stupid things to deal with like many elites that have MWD, some plate/extender, repairer/booster, or some combination of the 3, and stick to your rear end orbiting you while the rest of the enemy NPC fleet catches up. The reason why I mention MWD, extenders, repairers etc specifically is because MWD gets them on your rear end in record time so you need to have webs to slow them down enough so you can hit them, extenders are absolute bullshit because if you don't dps enough they just keep throwing up the buffer and you can't do anything, and repairers work even while you're chipping away at the buffer or while you're warping out and repairing at the station. Some cruisers/battlecruisers have a combination of all 3 (most notably the elite Thorax at Super Soft Drink #1 on the 4th wave) which make them extremely frustrating to fight against as a solo, yet a duo will handle such obstacles completely fine, often not facing a single buffer or a second one.

That being said - generally, every storyline mission including T10s is soloable by any faction in a sniper fit cruiser but soloing them is pretty rear end for the reasons mentioned above. But it can be done.

If you are a solo with no alt character or anything and really still want to make ISK, I recommend upgrading to running Scouts/Inquisitors in nullsec using the information you've acquired from farming special anoms in highsec. There's a tad bit more risk involved since it's nullsec, but even a Omen can solo T7s. Admittedly, it takes a long rear end time but that's where the real money is. After I check out farming T10s I am going to start doing nullsec special anom farming and general home defense like these beautiful KF guys have been doing in Delve.

There are a few guys in KF who have been pvping in the general "beehives" in/around Delve who are making profit. There are a LOT of players who don't know what they're doing but have ISK to spend on ridiculous fittings. Definitely look into the stealth bomber! I think you need backup to make it work efficiently though, or exclusively hunt people in anomalies.

nakieon fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 8, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

but seriously, gently caress that elite thorax on wave #4 on super soft drink with the fury of a thousand suns. i'm never running super soft drink again.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

darthzeta88 posted:

I do find it weird you do not have that 5 second invul timer when undock and sometimes am dead before my screen even loads.

The invulnerability timer is in the game when undocking but you only get this timer if you do nothing but undock. If you undock via autopilot or manually undock then press autopilot right after, your ship is going to be doing things while you're loading into space and the station campers make a meal out of your ship.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Amarr datacores are dirt cheap too so very cheap reverse engineering bps

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Raged posted:

Sadly it looks like Plex has peaked for the time being

It's definitely going to go up even more. I believe it will hit 1mil ISK for each plex in a few months - making ISK is just too easy right now and once all the pubbies and highsec carebears catch onto the money train it's going to skyrocket further.

Theoretically, there's nothing stopping PLEX from hitting EO PLEX price, but it all depends on the ISK faucets in EE vs the ISK faucets in EO.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Anybody else notice that story medium nos had a meteoric rise? Used to be around 2m ea, now it's pushing 6m-7m+. Not really sure what's pushing it upwards so much.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I deeply regret trying out this game.

galactic sized :same:

My best friend visited me on the weekend I went to propose to my GF and he played his phone game a lot so naturally I inquired. Oh okay, EVE came out on the phone? And lots are playing it? OK sure yeah I'll try it out... and the rest is history. I had a little game backlog I wanted to play this year and next year, maybe I'd play the next path of exile league, Last Oasis wipe, blabla... yeah all those plans are out the window. This game is too good for the time being as a EO bittervet.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Kaysette posted:

Hopefully never so those warhead and shield BPs keep selling well.

Oh, they always will. PVE Pubbies love Caldari and missiles just like in EO.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

I put together a Probe Covert Ops (lowest sig radius of all covop frigs) with an actual Covert Cloaking Device (40-50m just for the module), took it down to where the chinese corps were farming high level Scouts/Inquisitors in Delve. I was able to arrive to the original warp gate and get to the final room 100% cloaked and manuever myself around without getting decloaked. Doing this, I was able to snag a bunch of blueprints and datacores everytime they finished an inquisitor/scout. This was quite the thrill and started scaring these people away from the systems, would recommend it to anybody who wants to be lazy and steal from others or really just want to play the sneaky covops style despite lack of scanning/exploration.

I'd like to do Deadspace thefts as well but haven't found one that got farmed while I sat patiently.

Unfortunately, I found out that MK3 rig blueprints are locked until Tier 8, but at least I can grow a pile...?

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MadMadi posted:

Does looting a can pop cloak?

You cannot loot a can while cloaked, but just like in EO you only get uncloaked when you hit the hitbox of any object at 2 km range, and you can loot cans up to 10 km so you can just sit on the most valuable crate*, wait for the waves to die then pop cloak, loot, warp.

*Be very careful with space debris, SOMETIMES you get uncloaked entering certain complexes because many of these complexes (and they are always the same if its the same type of anom at the same level, like Scout 6 and Inquisitor 6 are different, but every Scout 6 is the same) have ridiculously oversized, untargetable, unobservable space debris or some structure and the hitbox is invisible but still extremely large. So exercise caution if you choose to do this. In addition, if you approach a crate, make drat sure you aren't approaching from where the npcs spawn or where the ratter's drones will orbit around or near these oversized space debris or some asteroid.

Keegers posted:

I'm a bit behind on the goings and such, why did we move to Taisy? It's not a trading station and seems like an interesting choice for base of operations. I moved my stuff there but just wondering the reason.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cdo9Cz70FHlr5K1b_otrFr2f-E1WDHeM_Qisv58W3uY/edit

TLDR: Caldari space has Guristas pirate factions which have modules that sell for up to 50x of anything else. Missile weapon systems and shield items are ridiculously overpriced right now.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Hello Sailor posted:

No, that's Galileo. Everybody knows Gestapo is a fragrance released by the Marciano brothers' perfume house.

No, that's Guess. Everybody knows gestapo is a German traveler and novelist born in 1816.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Hello Sailor posted:

Ugh, no, that's a gelding. How many loving times do I have to tell you idiots that Gestapo is a whole that's more than the sum of its parts.

Ha, no, that is the word gestalt. Seriously though, gestapo is the process of carrying or being carried in the womb between conception and birth.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Jaxic posted:

The Wild West of new tech levels is always insane.

How long till T8?

63-64 days at 75spm

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Tag for goonunism please

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

rocketrobot posted:

I'm a little torn on what to do. I need a relatively safe option to play while my kids are running amok. I can do regular nullsec play when distractions are minimized.

Depending on how heavily it was nerfed, you can probably still do highsec scout/inquisitor farming. It'll just be reduced spawn rates. Even if it's a 50% reduction in spawn it's probably still OK unless a ton of people are doing the roam highsec method now (I don't know - I haven't touched highsec anoms in weeks)

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Unfortunately, SonBanana prefers to deny that any racism has occurred in his discord at all to preserve alliance relations with REKI since Patone1 is the CEO. It is absolutely disgusting behavior.

Here's Patone1 being racist in discord and I called him out on it.

SonBanana goes on to put on some sort of a virtue signal or general "sweep it under the rug" type of rant. It's all good guys, just have fun in the game! Racism in discord is not ok! Lol! Also he works with kids so he knows what he's talking about.

Patone1 sneaks this in after that, with no resistance from anybody else.

SonBanana explains to me he is totally not racist and racism isn't allowed! Also, did you know that Patone1 isn't a racist? SonBanana says so! Again, he works with kids and supports all ethnic nationalities, so he really knows what he's talking about.

I admit I could've been even stronger (IMO, looking back, my message looks very weak) in my opening message to SonBanana but that whole "I am not racist, he is not racism, racism isn't allowed" threw me for a loop I had no idea what to say afterwards.

I am so glad Bananafleet is neuted now. Thanks Goosefleet

nakieon fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 26, 2020

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Keegers posted:

Okay, how can we gently caress these guys over? I loving despise Holocaust deniers. My wife literally lost an entire side of her family to it and it boils my blood when someone tells me it didn't happen. End mini rant.

I want to burn the literal space nazis.

Edit: where are they based? Delve still? I want to start collecting scalps

Yes, they are in Delve, and from my time with them I can confirm a lot of their members do not know what they are doing. They have multiple different corporations/allies that call different stations home, but their core call UHKL station home. They often station camp the UHKL station. Their primary ratting systems are ON-CR0 and the glorious 7-K pocket. REKI also typically farm in ON-CR0 if you'd like to really get at them specifically. They are often in fleets, but not always.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Rust Martialis posted:

That’s not Holocaust Denial, that’s just an idiot being ‘edgy’. Still an idiot, though, so I hope you enjoy killing him. The ‘jewing’ comment is something anyone claiming to be against bigotry should say is unacceptable, and that any repetition of it will earn a ban. I’m a softy, I’d let people have one freebie before bans.

I agree with the edgy thing, but:

Patone1 definitely burned his freebies on multiple offenses:
- Jew word used as a slur (first offense)
- Saying that a latino man is allowed to use certain slurs but a white man can't (also sort of promotes the idea that only white men can be racist, which in itself is racist towards white people)
- Second jew word used as a slur, typo'd as "jee"

I got a lovely message from SonB this morning saying he still doesn't tolerate racism. He also explains that Patone1 "has a woman of color", implying racists couldn't possibly date women of color.

*checks notes* Yes, REKI is still in their alliance.

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

Radio Free Kobold posted:

with the changes to rat aggro, brawling at all in pve is much more risky. that's how i lost a cyclone the other day, doing a deadspace, next wave spawns, they all aggro me, dead before i finish aligning out.

Yeah, I'm starting to think that drones are the best weapon system for PVE. Can't be exploded if you're outside of the rat optimal... and the really dangerous ships are the ones with super high tracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nakieon
Aug 28, 2020

MarcusSA posted:

Ah ok got it thanks! I think I got confused with the 0.0 and -0.0 thing.

Another easy way of thinking about these named +0.0 systems is they only exist in non-null regions. On the star chart if a region is pure red it will never have a named 0.0 system (I'm 99.99% sure of that), but if you were to look at for example Molden Heath it's orange since it's primarily lowsec, but Egbinger is a red system meaning 0.0.... it'll still have gate guns since the region is not pure null (or "Faction Controlled" which some people would say)

nakieon fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 1, 2020