Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Is this like just the same as discord but with even less people and no doggo emotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Kyro posted:

Hey you're finally here! Have you never used forums before? I find a lot more interesting things here than on other forum communities, one of the best. Welcome btw, it may take you a while to get used to here :cheersdoge:

No I haven't used forums because I had actual social media growing up. Why is it so not user friendly

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

because we’re old and change is bad. There are iOS and Android apps for these forums that are still user-unfriendly but a lot less so.

I like your name

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Tenbux Tincan posted:

I lost all of my honk flare buying this great new avatar. Maybe someone could help me out ?

I'm kinda bummed u didn't use the avatar I made for u. I worked rlly hard on it

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Kyro posted:

You have the best av out of everyone in the thread atm

Good

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Tenbux Tincan posted:

ok I paid another 5bux to these dumb forums.

In this situation it is a pretty good investment

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

How to I go to someone's profile? Can someone just give me a like pdf copy of forumposting for dummies because this is extremely not fun

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

PleasantDirge posted:

It says: "ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A loving rear end in a top hat ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A loving rear end in a top hat AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A loving rear end in a top hat THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE"

In an interesting turn of events I had messaged the user that bought my red text telling them there were ways to have a public meltdown that didn't cost $10 but this was also an option when I got it several years prior. I just got a message from them gloating about it two weeks ago, it took me a week to figure out who they even were.

If I had known about the free rent in their head I would have set up a B&B!

Am I out of the loop or did you just go full Zodiac

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

What does the blue star mean

Can I have ons

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

MaliciousOnion posted:

here you go

please nobody else take this, it is for helperdog only

Thanks onion, that means a lot

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Kyro posted:

Shei is great, and I firmly second the idea of more NPSI fleets. Also, is Shei actually on SA? He’s in HONK, but I do not think he has been assimilated into the Goons yet. Maybe I’ll buy him an account for Christmas. I was going to do that for hotdog, but he joined on his own.

Duckbar actually had a gift card thingy

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

BIgDevine posted:

How do I become a goon on this eve light version?

You must publicly embrace and accept helperdog as new Edens most powerful, selfless being.

:helperdogwizard:

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Pol Drat posted:

I joined for research, not to join honk or any other goons org. Since you guys don’t seem to be interested at all, I’ll move along. Pardon me.

Please make your GBS intro post, in exchange we will answer two questions to further your galactic political research, and help you in your quest to uncover the true intentions of the EE shadow council.

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

BobTheVillain posted:

I hate that helper dog is here.

there is no server, forum, group chat or Google doc that helperdog does not see. We only ask that you resist the urges of the nonbelievers who refuse to recognize this powerful emote, and seek to destroy him. Like pantheon, your opposition to helperdog will be met with hostility, for his legions who fight in his name can not, and and will not cease this holy war.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

This is extremely opsec so please don't share it publicly

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 27, 2022

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Wait I thought j4g is like a type of file that u get pictures in

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

It's not only viable, it's super easy and people get really mad when u kill them

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

esto es malo posted:

FWIW destroyer training is kinda worthless outside of interdictors, but frigate skills are always useful, cruisers are kinda useful especiall at low tech levels, then its kind of your playstyle at higher tech levels if you do bs or bc

Imagine not having a dessy main

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

I’m still slogging through training missions. I need to move to our space at some point. I don’t see jump clone options so I’m guessing I’m just going to have to fly there?

I don’t have much need for isk yet outside of skill books and the aforementioned chip booster thingies.

Edit: Welp, I managed to break the training missions somehow by spending skill points I had before I hit the tutorial to spend them. Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

It's a good introduction to EE because you will never not deal with bugs

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

Some quick questions:

1) Direct control over your ship seems to not be a thing, is that right? I can't poke the screen and tell the ship to "go here". Orbit distance doesn't seem to be a thing either. I can tell the ship to "orbit enemy <x>" but there's no range option. If that's the case it's going to make certain ganking styles difficult if not impossible.

2) Are shuttles immune to bubbles now? I think I heard that somewhere. Are there even shuttles? How should I get to our space?

3) If anyone wants to send me AUR/ISK for the skill booster thingies, my character name is Frank_Frank (someone took Frank Frank :smith:)

4) Did they monkey with ship names for some reason? Ex: Kestrel (T1 frigate) and Manticore (T2 stealth bomber) still exist and although the Condor still exists, the Crow does not?

1) you can double tap at the screen to fly a certain direction and if u hold down orbit on a ship u can pick the distance
2) only interceptors are bubble immune
3) ping slippy on discord for isk and ships
4) yeah the ships r very confusing if ur used to EO. Like everyone complains about the rifter and how it essentially doesn't exist

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Sardonik posted:

This was a minor incident relative to all the other exploits of the thread. But during a gatecamp of some douchebags, a sniping tornado was talking mad poo poo in local. Called my stabber out as a target in local, warped in and attacked me. I hit my shield booster at exactly the right time and then jumped out. Had I not trained cruiser defense I would absolutely have died.

I escaped with 14% struct, he lost his 300m tornado: :toot:

Cows are actually very dangerous

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Frank Frank posted:

Is there any way to set your default orbit distance? It’s annoying as hell to have to reset it after every kill when my ship decides for whatever reason that 5km is a really good orbit distance for a medium missile boat.

Also, do drones auto-recall on warp? Poking that tiny-rear end button is very difficult when half the time it brings up the drone itself rather than drone commands.

Tech V and counting. Finishing up the advanced tutorial slog for the free SP and then moving to S-U permanently.

Edit: Also, I absolutely love how cheap rigs are in Echoes.

Yes u click on ur character when it's in space and u can set both default orbit and default approach

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

esto es malo posted:

if you need more isk just ask ziggy looted a bunch of b types and a citadel from some idiots today so hes ultra rich

Lmao I thought it was a pos

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

esto es malo posted:

from what i can tell just running t10 sniping bs and melting towers makes before the abyss super easy, check the leaderboards

:agesilaus:

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Aramoro posted:

Does a war in fountain count or is that just business as usual?

Please start the war in fountain so I don't have to move my ships too far

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

floppyspud posted:

I wasn't able to find a cursed food, so I just left :(

It's really not that hard to find an original and unique picture of cursed food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helperdog
Oct 10, 2021

DOG

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

what's up with there being two subreddits btw?

I get to make custom flairs for the new one so we all use that instead