Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

just the one guy, right?

the guy that left?

Xenuria? Harassment? Stalking?

this isn't even the place to be talking about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

And now we return to our normal programming!

This game is so weird...

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Thinking about getting in to EE, does anyone know the state of multiboxed mining? Specifically on PC.

How does it work? Would I need a specific emulator to run multiple instances? How long does it take to get an account into a decent mining ship (covetor?) Do mining command ships have boosts and fleet hangars, large ore holds, etc. Are rorquals in the game or is the orca the best? Also at what point do I have to pay money or can I do this all for free.

HONK is in null, right? Is spod still in null? Are colossal anomalies actually colossal? Echoes is so similar and yet so different from EO

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

Yes, both rorquals and orcas are in the game.

Cool, thanks. Do you know whether rorquals have their old on field compression of asteroid ore only? Also how does the "action" of echoes feel compared to O? Pvp, not man vs rock, of course. Since I would expect a mobile game to be fairly slow and clunky.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

EE: a weird design choice quirk with EE that took me some getting used to coming from EO is that once you own a hull, you literally can’t lose it unless you’re very stupid and fly around without insurance. The game doesn’t just reimburse isk, it literally reimburses the hull + some modules when destroyed to a station of your choosing (with a cooldown)

Sounds very similar to the Chinese server...

Thanks NetEase.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Tech 10? Skills 9/10?

I think I'm gonna be learning a lot of stuff, which was one of the best parts of eve. Reading! Is there an eve university website but for echoes? Or just some way to view in-game things out of the game.

And luckily due to onlines rapidly declining player base echoes just looks more and more active. Now I just need someone who multiboxes to teach me the ways, looking forward to hopefully dipping my feet into... whatever this game is.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Thanks for the info, I sort of understand it? Don't really know why they would remove the t2 ship names though.

Yeah, I was thinking about playing on phone, but I don't think I'd be able to deal with the small screen if I want to play for hours, and it wouldn't be able to multibox as well as my pc (duh) so I just decided to go for an emulator since apparently the devs don't really care.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

whenever i open up BS5 it comes up with this: https://gyazo.com/a27c132123d08c910a9875c9e3bbf079

and BSX works fine, but when i try to install it it just doesnt work.

btw i have no idea why it has an echoes picture, because i wasnt able to install it on bsx, and cant even open bs5, also kinda confused why opening up bs5 opens up the app player, but nothing else works so im not really that surprised. am probably just gonna uninstall everything about bluestacks and reinstall.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ok so i go to the bluestacks website, download BLUESTACKS 5 then after its finished the installer says the installation process didnt work and that i should check my internet connection and restart, then it just installs a (mostly) working bluestacks x?

and the cherry on top is that i cant even get games on that bsx because it didnt install the app player, then tells me to uninstall the app player and reinstall. should i just stick with bsx or try for 5? since it seems like it really doesnt want me to go 5.

E: hmm, bs5 works completely fine on my laptop, dont understand why it hates my PC so much, its fairly new. try again tomorrow i guess.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 15, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

uniball posted:

bluestacks x is Cloud Gamer Streaming like nvidia go or whatever and afaik Echoes simply is not supported

Yeah, after some more research I don't really want x. I think I have an idea of what to do, and bluestacks support recommended me an off-line installer, so I'm hopeful.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

How is EEs economy? I would guess pretty decent, since it seems like it's devs are actually doing good stuff with the game. Did it get to the locust faze? Or is it still before rorqs ruled the world.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Why would the implants help the economy? Just an enormous isk sink? Seems like a bandaid solution but at least they've seen the problem and are trying to fix it.

How is the omega cost? (buying with isk, I refuse to spend money on a mobile game even if it does look really good and that the devs actually care.) Apparently it's actually fairly easy to get it, relative to EO of course.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

timbro posted:

Industry is viable and a few geese make a go of it on the side but it’s probably about a tenth as deep as EO and is basically building ships out of mined minerals which is a good way to move and sell the minerals.

I would love to try industry since it go's in hand in hand with mining, and I'd think it would be nice to build stuff that I know is gonna go to my brothers in arms and not a bunch of carebears.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Relative to CCP, of course.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

"to ensure fair play, players can no longer create characters with an emulator."

...what now? just create the character on phone and then log in on the emulator?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

going through the extended tutorial, hopefully it ends sooner rather than later, left clicking repeatedly to skip the dialog is getting annoying.

also working out how im gonna make multiple accounts, having to do it on phone and then getting t onto pc is annoying.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Worlds longest tong twister, comprising of only 5 different words.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Is death cloning a thing? Or do I just have to fly to null.

That us, when I actually get a picture of a cursed food. This is the hardest recruitment process I've ever seen.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

this game's pcu is 1200 just lmao

Please, gently caress off.

Also you're saying this game has no players whilst eve is loving writhing from its plummeting playerbase just lmao.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

timbro posted:

Be interested to know where that stat comes from id guess it’s a lot more.

I doubt it's more than that, it sounds about right.

But, main eve is dying from the low player count, echoes isn't. Who wins?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

lol friend no need to be so defensive over a video game you just play, it's dying it's not that big of a deal

Lmao I don't even play echoes, I gave up after realising how much of a pain it was to make multiple accounts, the only real reason I wanted to play.

I can't believe you're saying that whilst the game you play is dying more!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

I wasn't able to find a cursed food, so I just left :(

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank posted:

I almost just lost my vindicator to rats because my connection froze and blacked out all my buttons though combat was still going. Took me a minute to realize I was glitched out and managed to frantically relog before I hit hull.

Thanks Netease!

Don't worry, you could just follow in the steps of the many great orca pilots and submit for reimbursement, oh wait, that's not netease.

Thanks CCP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

helperdog posted:

It's really not that hard to find an original and unique picture of cursed food

I think I must be eating too much good food, I couldn't find anything for the life of me.