Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hmm I guess I’ll download this and see if it’s playable on my phone. Need a new time waster

In as Frank_Frank. Ran through the tutorial. Set a bunch of skills to train and logged off. Just like old-Eve

Double edit: so where do I buy skill books? I have like, frigate defense and some other lame frigate skill and absolutely nothing else. Are AHACs still a thing? Maurauding in a vagabond was probably the most fun I ever had in Eve.

Triple edit: are implants still a thing? I would imagine I’m going to need some learning implants if I’m gonna get up to speed here. Also no learning skills now?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there a way to see a list of all available skills I can train? I remember some of what I want but not having any sort of skill tree and just having to search for everything really sucks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also are you sure there are no implants? I saw something that looked like implants in the store when I was looking at the omega subscription

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

uniball posted:

there are SP/min chips but they are permanent for your char regardless of how many times you get podded.

and there’s a Switch button at the top of the skill UI that puts you in a more organized skill tree vs the stupid career path default mode

Thanks and thanks

esto es malo posted:

there are 3 monetization things for cognitive chips, each give +5 sp per minute but have increasing costs

So wait does that mean you can wear all 3 for a total of +15 per minute or am I not understanding how this works?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Yup, that’s how it works.

Ok thanks for clarification. Applied to corp in-game and also through the tool. Set a bunch of low level garbage to train and going to bed.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m still slogging through training missions. I need to move to our space at some point. I don’t see jump clone options so I’m guessing I’m just going to have to fly there?

I don’t have much need for isk yet outside of skill books and the aforementioned chip booster thingies.

Edit: Welp, I managed to break the training missions somehow by spending skill points I had before I hit the tutorial to spend them. Now I'm stuck because it won't let me progress until I spend skill points to expedite a skill (which I have already spent). A+ job CCP.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 20, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Some quick questions:

1) Direct control over your ship seems to not be a thing, is that right? I can't poke the screen and tell the ship to "go here". Orbit distance doesn't seem to be a thing either. I can tell the ship to "orbit enemy <x>" but there's no range option. If that's the case it's going to make certain ganking styles difficult if not impossible.

2) Are shuttles immune to bubbles now? I think I heard that somewhere. Are there even shuttles? How should I get to our space?

3) If anyone wants to send me AUR/ISK for the skill booster thingies, my character name is Frank_Frank (someone took Frank Frank :smith:)

4) Did they monkey with ship names for some reason? Ex: Kestrel (T1 frigate) and Manticore (T2 stealth bomber) still exist and although the Condor still exists, the Crow does not?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 20, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Turn off skill training for however long it needs, you bank points (100k alpha unlimited omega). Then hit expedite when you turn it back on.

I actually fixed it by abandoning the tutorial mission which marked it as "complete" for some reason and just moved on vOv

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

esto es malo posted:

theres jump clone skill but i dont know if you can set it without being there. in echoes Soza connected to mxys unlike in EO, so our pocket is like 2 jumps to s-u from soza and its pretty barren most of the time since we scared a ton of people away from syndicate

Can I still put a proto cloak on a ship and load it with stabs for travel fit or do I just roll the dice (or wait until I can fly an interceptor here shortly)?

Edit: Looks like at tech level V I can buy a buzzard Heron Covert Ops (seriously, what's with these dumb renames?) and use that to jet over. Seems like a plan. I'll just fart around highsec for another day or so until I hit V and then head over.

Follow-up question - Back in old-eve (if I remember right), you had to buy a special type of cloaking device for CovOps ships. Is that still the case or can I slap any cloak on it?

Double Edit: NM, I found them. God the market search function is broken as hell.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 20, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Redmark posted:

Autopilot travel is (practically) impervious in lowsec for most ships. For nullsec it depends on the area; you may get hit by bubble camps, but for relatively cheap ships people often roll the dice yes. Once at tech level 8 you can travel offline in an interceptor and be fully safe.

Yes, there's a separate cloak for covops.

Eh, I'll just jump in a kestrel and autopilot and see what happens

Edit: died and podded lol
Round 2 I’m going to go the long way to stay in lowsec for as long as possible.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 20, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I have a jump clone in S-U now so I should be good for a while

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Is there any way to set your default orbit distance? It’s annoying as hell to have to reset it after every kill when my ship decides for whatever reason that 5km is a really good orbit distance for a medium missile boat.

Also, do drones auto-recall on warp? Poking that tiny-rear end button is very difficult when half the time it brings up the drone itself rather than drone commands.

Tech V and counting. Finishing up the advanced tutorial slog for the free SP and then moving to S-U permanently.

Edit: Also, I absolutely love how cheap rigs are in Echoes.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jul 21, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

helperdog posted:

Yes u click on ur character when it's in space and u can set both default orbit and default approach

Glorious, thank you

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Are ships destroyed in faction warfare lost or is it “virtual wargaming”.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I've zeroed in on flying a Prophecy at least as a short-term goal and wanted to look at fittings/skill optimization. The wiki link in the OP is broken. Has it been relocated elsewhere? My missile skills will come in handy for sure but looks like I need to switch to armor reps from shield boosters and beef up my drone/drone spec stuff a bunch (medium? light? I dunno)

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 22, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ab arbyco is an arbitrator I take it? Does it use med drones as well?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 22, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Yup, yup. Arbitrator covert ops (pilgrim in EO)

Weren’t those the things in old Eve that used to decloak and neut the everloving gently caress out of you while their drones slowly ate you? I never flew Amarr ships before.

Also is scanning still a thing? I have vague memories of making a shitload of money in old eve using a buzzard to scan down secret encounters, then running them in my carrier with an alt running hacking(?) for support for some reason. I don’t remember why. Just seeing things that jog my memory now and then.

I wasn’t a space trillionaire in old eve but I did self-fund a carrier and a dread along with countless faction-fit ahacs. I’m super sad the vagabond isn’t a thing here.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Well I hit T6 this morning so I can fly one now. Finishing up Med drone operation V today and then more drone support skills. I already have armor operation V and working on higher tier stuff (but not hardening since I get that for free for finishing advanced training I guess). Almost ready to rock. Just need a reliable source of income that doesn’t involve charity now.

Leery about spending SP on the high-tier cruiser defense/engineering/piloting stuff since my end goal is a BC.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 23, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Skip the hardener skills. Want some arbyco's?

In SU sure. I don’t think they’ll do me much good in highsec.

Is there any downside to being podded in echoes other than your pride? Clone levels/implants aren’t a thing, right? I’d almost rather be podded so I don’t have to fly back to wherever I came from

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Contract up you're going to need more fittings and stuff this is just spare stuff most of it stolen from void ratters. I tried to limit it to mk5 stuff so ask slippy for a fat stack of mk5 drones.

Thanks a million. I’ll make it work. I still have like 140m left over from Slippy’s charity donation

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I don’t think the T6 flavor of pilgrim can fit a covops cloak. Should I just run around without one or try to fit a proto cloak?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ll just hold off until T7 then. With the pilot growth pass thing it shouldn’t be terribly long.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Naw thanks anyway. They’ll go to good use sooner than later I promise. I’ll probably die hilariously a bunch figuring it out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So uh, I just spent a fuckton of money on expert med drone skills. Hoping that wasn’t a huge mistake. Didn’t realize I was paying 30m+ per-skill until it was too late.

Lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Kaysette posted:

Don’t forget to get drone V

It’s in the plan but that’s a ~5 day skill or so it’s near the back right now

H110Hawk posted:

Like, isk? Good job. Med drone op/upg is a great skill to have.

Yep, I have like 38m left out of the 200m I started with. All spent on skills

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 24, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

That's one of the few things you need to spend hard currency on. Most of your fittings should be cheap navy stuff right now, except for drones which should be mk5. Good job.
Im just sticking with bargain bin mkv fittings until I get my legs under me. Right now I’m flying junk caracals for tutorial stuff. I will start caring more when I’m out for blood

I don’t want to waste cash on faction stuff just yet

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

Faction stuff is basically free at this point, but yeah fly whatever. Also we're WAY more active in discord.

I get sucked into discord and stay up too late so I’ve avoided it but I’ll check in tonight.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

almighty posted:

Reading is difficult, and the Goosetools Auth is only giving me the option to apply to GooseTroop.
How do I get in? :smith:

It’s not set up very well. Apply in the app (just say you’re goon adjacent or whatever) and then PM slippy in-game and he’ll add you. They have been very nice to me

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I got to undock my space penguin for the first time today and it really does own. Far cry from my lovely VNI

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

almighty posted:

I'm still in a Caracal, drowning in self-pity and misery at some shithole lowsec system until somebody pushes the button on my application.

I have a bunch of caracals that were bequeathed to me that I can contract you for free in highsec if you want them. I don’t use missiles much

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
240 minute patch good lord

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Implant materials(?) appear to be gathered via the “dormant realm” missions on the sidebar. Unfortunately, they look like they require a fleet to complete so ++for multi boxers I guess. Some of the implant effects are pretty crazy. You can view what they do in the implant menu.

The AUR/Top-up deal is p good if you are already paying for an omega sub assuming you buy it today. You get a fraction of your current SP every day for 30 days. In my case works out to be 1.6m + 500 AUR which you can use for your omega sub.

The core loot boxes are loving stupid. $100 USD for a battle cruiser nano core of my choice. I’ll pass. More than that for a BS.

Also the new music is pretty and reminds me of hollow knight :3:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

esto es malo posted:

yeah the skill month thing for purchasing AUR is never a bad deal really and especially at low sp levels. you can just use it for omega

It's going to polish off all of my advanced med drone skills which I am grateful for.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I can fly a battlecruiser (poorly). I managed to clear the Sleeper concord encounter and got p much nothing for finishing it but by god, I finished it (by warping in at 100k, running in, dumping drones and then MWDing away screaming).

Lemme tell you, charging at Rokhs in my dumb rear end space penguin is not fun.

Final tally was 2 rokhs, a scorpion, a mess of BCs, destroyers covops and a couple frigs. Took me over an hour to finish lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

H110Hawk posted:

This is how I used to clear t10 rat bases in a covops cruiser. Those last two waves are spicy when fresh.

The game does a really lovely job of explaining to you that you can warp to encounters at range. Once I was told I could do that, it got manageable. I tried to see what would happen if I stayed in gun range and just slugged it out with a rokh and it’s not terrible but it did (slowly) break my tank so I had to bug out. Scorpion had range issues so I didn’t have to run all that far away and rokh #3 turned out to be a torp rokh (???) which was a nasty surprise when I pulsed my MWD to close distance (but was otherwise fine).

Bait out destroyers and frigs outside BC/BS range. Then take out the cruisers and finally deal with the BCs/BSs. I used to do something like this in high level anomalies with a Raven back in EO but unlimited drone range is super nice.

Also re: the last 2 waves, they weren't that bad. By the time I got it down to the last BS I was MWDing hard to start the next group at 70+km out so it was just more of the same. I think I had a destroyer chase me once which actually saved some time.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 3, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I don't have a FPS counter on my iPhone made by Apple

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

almighty posted:

This is an extremely generous offer and I appreciate it. The butan was pushed on my application recently. My character is still sitting in Egglehende training skills. I need to log in, get my bearings as to where to relocate and start planning up on skill training.

Send me your character details and I will send you the Caracals. I think they’re in Jita but it’s easy to get around highsec

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Holy poo poo I don't know what this "project discovery" bullshit is but I am not participating in it. Is this EE's attempt to reel in the facebook mom farmville crowd because lmao what in the actual gently caress is this?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Shortest Path posted:

Wait they actually made echoes discovery different than regular eve discovery when that's what everyone was asking for?

Lol what a bunch of clowns.

On the other hand, if you enjoy matching triangles, I’ve got some good news for you!

(Seriously it’s incredibly stupid and boring as hell)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
My favorite EE moment so far is when the tutorial missions had you "check out the hitchiker's guide to New Eden" - and when you go to click on it it says, "This is not implemented yet".